Generation Toy GT-8 Guardian (Defensor/Protectobots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Havokdogg

Havokdogg Well-Known Member

I think it's creative how they did this and made like a mobile lab for the ambulance. Could definitely use that for emergency disaster relief

• Like Like x 1
  2. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

i think that is better than "pants" that sit in the box until needed for combine mode. At least this is "integrated" in a way so it has a "vehicle mode".

• Like Like x 5
  3. Operative294

Operative294 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 14
  4. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

I think it's a very elegant way to fit the combiner parts. Heck, the trailer looks pretty damn good. Sure, it makes no sense to be towed by an ambulance, but even I'll admit it's a nitpic. Especially when a lot of 3P combiners don't even try to make the hands and feet store in any way beyond maybe a half assed huge gun emplacement. This doesn't just form a trailer, but it's a very nice and convincing trailer that fits near seemlessly in the set and doesn't give the game away. The opening hatch at the top is just a cherry on the design sundae.

Heh, no different from how Predaking is fucked if two of its dumbest member ever misplace their guns/backpack. Heck they gave one of those to their group member who is both named after, and characterized by, fits of destructive anger

Razorclaw: "Form Predaking"

Tantrum: "Well, you see boss, we were fighting earlier, and that Autobot car, the white one, well he wouldn't shut up and so I transformed and chased him down. Kicked his exhaust too."

Razorclaw: ....

Tantrum: "All this to say I got no idea where my foot gun ended up"

First aid meanwhile just needs to ask Optimus how to stash a trailer in the trailer dimension. Where all Optimus send their trailers when slightly off screen.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  5. Agent 53

Agent 53 Well-Known Member

If Prime's trailer appears and disappears as needed, I'm sure First Aid's will too.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Daedelus

Daedelus Know sacrifice, know victory

Bulance looks the greatest out of the set. Looks like they took every complaint and flipped it.
    Great highlights, great sculpt with eyes that look animated, nothing looks fiddly

I'm this close >< to starting this set with Bulance.

7. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    CONCEPT-wise, it's great. They just needed to make it an actual mobile lab, or ambulance trailer, and not an RV-family-camper. It's kind of like having a Cessna 172 on an aircraft carrier---yeah, planes do land on carriers----just the ones that do, don't look like that.

8. ByLaw77

ByLaw77 Well-Known Member

Hrrmmm....

So I was in for this, then out... but now I may be back in. Cool idea.

9. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

Man it'd be weird if camper trailers were used for actual medical uses... mobile-unit-1920-800x550.jpg 7379794664_a8ecaa12b9_b.jpg images.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  10. Arthimuz Prime

Arthimuz Prime Fat Minibot

Ebay:
    I'm loving this version of Protectobots however I'm a scaaaaale freak! I want him to stand head to head (or an inch shorter is acceptable) with Zeta Kronos. If GT can come up with an upgrade kit to make them scale with Kronos I'm in! Maybe they can make a longer trailer!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: 

11. Enfin

Enfin Destron

Ebay:
    The big question is: does First Aids trailer work with MP-10? :D  If a trailer does not work with MP-10 it's no good of course!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Rodann

Rodann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Lol! Yeah, since there’s about a 5-6 inch difference between the two, that would be weird. Like he was on stilts. I got my CW Superion and POTP Volcanicus (god I hate that name) up to Ordin’s height, and people complain they’re too lanky. And that was only two inches.lol Maybe Jinbao would consider doing this guy in a couple years, though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Arthimuz Prime

Arthimuz Prime Fat Minibot

Ebay:
    JinBao Devy still looks small compared to ToyWorld Devy. I believe there is an upgrade kit for JB Devy. What will be the approx height of JB Devy with up kit?
    Going back to GT Protectobots, yeah I guess them or someone will make an upgrade kit.

15. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

As much as I love GT's stuff, particularly the way they incorporate all combiner parts into the individual 'bot and 'alt. modes, the trailer for the ambulance bugs the hell out of me.

I know the trailer idea is probably the only way to make the extra pieces work, but an ambulance would never pull a trailer of any kind as it blocks the doors to the medical bay... and it certainly wouldn't hook up to the doors... that's some Naked Gun style slapstick just waiting to happen.

I know I'm just stating the obvious and being pedantic, but when your fiancee (a paramedic of twenty years) takes one look and says that's such a stupid idea, you tend to agree.

Surely a simple fix would be a way to have the trailer hook up to the back of Hotspot. I'm not a fireman, but as a real world solution, that's got to be more practical, and a very quick fix for GT to implement. I'm only annoyed because GT stuff tends to be some of the most ultra-realistic stuff in the game, and I'd like to see this error fixed.

16. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

I think the reason is that both are emergency vehicles and also white colored. I don't see anything wrong with an ambulance towing a "mobile" lab to far isolated areas when the need arises. The place where the hinge connects to is weird though, but it is a toy / figure afterall...

• Like Like x 2
  17. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

I understand why GT did what they did in terms of colour co-ordination; however my issue is that GT have (to date) been real sticklers when it comes to representing real world vehicles and their uses.

Ambulances never... and I mean NEVER... tow anything, not even to remote areas. Apart from the reasons I've already mentioned, ambulances have a highly sophisticated suspension system. The whole point of an ambulance is to convey patients, some of whom may be in critical condition, to a hospital quickly in the most stable environment... the stability is for not just the patients, but the paramedics (and sometimes doctors) as well, who may need to perform tasks requiring a high level of precision. As a result of this requirement, not only is the ambulance "truck" on an advanced suspension kit, but the entire bay or "box" is on a separate suspension setup as well, and these are both serviced after every 24 hours of use to ensure they are operating up to code... at least in the LAS (London Ambulance Service).

Now with these requirements in mind, and the highly sensitive setup required, why would anyone in their right mind allow the equivalent of a weighted pendulum to be strapped to the back of the vehicle? It would make the ambulance unfit for purpose.

I'd love to be proved wrong, but if you can find a single picture of a real ambulance towing anything, be my guest.

18. Opticaloptics

Opticaloptics Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    A quick google search of "ambulance trailer" pulls up quite a few ambulances towing emergency response trailers.

But i would hazard a guess that with the age of the ambulances in the photos that the trailer practice is no longer in use today.

• Like Like x 2
  19. mustardcanbefun

mustardcanbefun Well-Known Member

Really over thinking this aren't we.
    Like we're all fine with these vehicles not only turning into robots, and even combining into an even bigger robot. Yet, everyone loses their shit when an Ambulance is depicted pulling a first response mobile unit.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  20. Ghilz

Ghilz Derpticon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do I win?

(Note that I generally agree as I made the same point as you earlier :p )

• Like Like x 8