Generation Toy GT-8 Guardian (Defensor/Protectobots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 31, 2016.

1. namartlu

namartlu Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In chinese ok?

• Like Like x 7
  2. redrum2581

redrum2581 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i'm thinking they combine and will prob fit in the combiner hand, actually i'm hoping that a group finally thought that out and went for it as it just seems like common sense to me, no idea why not 1 3rd party bruticus does this, instant combiner knife/machete/short sword/dagger what have you

really want to just see final combiner colors but i think i'm starting to feel like i should go all in, the aesthetics are nice and he has a nice look as a combiner in general with the blue white and red hits

• Like Like x 1
  3. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

I want a second set to display in alt-mode, GT and TFM are second to none in that aspect.

• Like Like x 1
  4. redrum2581

Ebay:
    see if i get a second i'm less inclined to fiddle, i go through all the modes monthly, i pick a quiet sunday morning and go thru the frustrations of being too lazy to dig out all the instructions and transform from memory lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

Hopefully this is my next purchase. This Blades looks fantastic in both modes.

I wish they had the legs flipped so the red could show on the outside instead of black inside though. This is the first i have seen of the outside of the leg color. The earliest photos had it hidden.

6. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx TFW2005 Supporter

It’s killing me because I was going to pull the trigger on TFC Poseidon and few other figures this month but I really want a 3rd Party Defensor.:( 

7. Aaronstampler

Aaronstampler Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Seems simple enough of a choice to me. One set has been released forever and has all six dudes available in 3 different color schemes from a variety of retailers. The other set just had the second of five made available very recently, with no promise of when members 3-5 will be ready (but probably worth noting it took like 9 months between Streetwise and Blades).

• Like Like x 1
  8. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, just had a longer fiddle with Blades. No, he cannot hold the combined sword well. It stays in place with friction only, and the handle is a bit big for the hand to wrap around.

Moving the arms upwards at the shoulders just pulls apart the entire shoulder and side of the torso. You have to hold the folded up cockpit down while you move the arm, which brings me to the biggest problem with the figure.

The arms cannot be moved forward then out to the side. The way the joint is designed the part that allows lateral movement stays stationery when you rotate the arm foward. You have lift the arm to the side, then move it to the front. The problem is that the range of motion becomes hampered doing it like that.

Also, it suffers from the same lack of proper tabbing that Streetwise did. The arms constantly want to collapse back on themselves, the landing skids are always coming loose, and then there's the already mentioned shoulder issue. Honestly, I'm concerned about how well Defensor will hold together, when all is said and done.

• Like Like x 3
  9. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Thank you!
    Ever since this guy got shown off Ive been really excited to see the transformation lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. dmarsee

dmarsee Minibot Action

Agreed.

Thanks for the warning — sounds like most of GT’s Combiner components, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

ugh they had 9 months to work on this figure and it still has tolerance issues? this is the only figure from this set that i currently want and have preordered. i hope it wont be so bad that i have to sell it.

12. BIOMEC

GT / TFM combiners are not "good toys", they are for the most part very good looking display pieces.

• Like Like x 2
  13. redrum2581

Ebay:
    good thing i don't get on the floor and play with all these lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. knightofmercy11

knightofmercy11 Well-Known Member

I think for the most part I understand the sentiment here, but wanted to chime in tgat gor me personally their figures have generally been a joy to handle. Their gravity builder was great across the board with transformation aside from one bot, and TFM havoc really is great induvidually. Combined..uh..just don't look at it wrong.

I got lucky it seems, but the streetwise I got was continuing that for me. So I may be more optimistic then others.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BIOMEC

The figures are not fragile per se but they tend to have a lot "finicky parts" that are not pegged on securely around the body in general.

Havoc stability issues are pretty much fixed with the new parts on his shins, he stand just fine, not the sturdiest, but he is still a one of the most beautiful combiners in my collection, maybe Guardian can be on par with, but only time will tell.

16. redrum2581

Ebay:
    TFM isn't bad, remember the days of TFC combiner stability issues, even Hades in all his awesome look is as rickety as an old women in a rocking chair

• Like Like x 1
  17. Instrumentsofdestruction

Instrumentsofdestruction Active Member

Am I in the minority that I buy combiner teams mostly for the singular bot/alt mode and consider the combined mode merely a nice extra? In that regard, I think these are perfect. Sarge and Katana, in my opinion, fit right in with the carbots with regards to size and aesthetic.

I do wish Katana had a bit less arm-kibble, but considering the alt-mode I guess that's unavoidable.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Sparkletron

Sparkletron Active Member

Has anyone tried posing with his arms out to the side? My streetwise arms slide back down to his side under their own weight.

19. BIOMEC

SotE review

• Like Like x 5
  20. Chibipoe

Chibipoe Proud owner of Scorponok

Mine arrived. Looks like they were rough in packing it in the box at the factory as the lower half of the tailfin and one of the small rotors had both snapped off in the box. Emailed baobao, but I might just go buy a second one and leave it in helicopter mode and this one in robot mode. We'll see. Otherwise, is fantastic. :D