Generation Toy GT-8 Guardian (Defensor/Protectobots)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Blazedriver

Blazedriver Well-Known Member

Just got bulance and katana from Baba, can't wait! I already have sarge and rotor.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Starzie

Starzie Explosions Are Fun

Tracking updated on my guys. I'll have Bulance and Katana in hand on Monday along with another order. It will be robot heaven on my last day of vacation.

3. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

I have transformed him (Bulance) twice...I dig him! I cannot wait to be able to form Defensor!

• Like Like x 1
  4. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    So, I bought Gravity Builder when it came out, and I loved it. I bought TFM's Havoc and maybe it wasn't the hit that Gravity Builder was, but I still liked it. When this set was announced three years ago I was all for it.

In the meantime I did pick up Constructor. As space in my house got filled up I switched my focus from whatever looked cool to G1 Masterpiece-style figures, which combined with my purchase of Constructor started pushing me toward larger combiners (despite having pretty much every G1 combiner that saw a US release in not-totally-accurate 13-15" versions except Monstructor). I did pick up Sarge/Streetwise from this set, but between my shift away from non-G1 designs, GT's softer plastics and engineering approach, and the figures supper floppy shoulders I wasn't super thrilled with it and decided to pass on the rest. I never did buy Katana/Blades, and when I heard about some QC issues with him I felt I made the right call. Passed on Motor/Streetwise, even though his bike mode looked really sweet.

Although my focus is on G1 MPs I was a big IDW fan, especially of Roberts' and Milne's run on More Than Meets the Eye. First Aid is easily my favorite of the Protectobots now. So, despite not being a G1 First Aid, nor actually being an IDW First Aid, despite me swearing off this set, despite me not being a huge fan of the doors hanging off his forearms or his backpack, I went ahead and ordered Bulance. Can't say if I'll go back and get the other two, or if I'm in for Hot Spot, but at least I'll have a better First Aid than the Combiner Wars or TFC versions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Insanitus

Insanitus Active Member

I have to say I really like how Bulance turned out. I don't like the panels that Bulance and Katana have but I think this one was a little better. Only one more to go now

• Like Like x 2
  6. DMTS

DMTS Well-Known Member

I fiddled with Impectus (MMC OX), then switch Giga power GP01 to dino mode then play with Bulance. I like how he look but i'm disappointed on the think plastic and how fiddle he felt. those thin plastic, the jointed finger and even how small he is compared to the wagon. I had OP EX and he was ok, maybe its the size dictating the feeling, but I just dont feel he is as well built as comparable sized robots such as OX Impectus. Well, one more to go and hopefully something more solid (Foo Fighter aka Hot Spot)

7. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx TFW2005 Supporter

I'm digging this set. 13719951-6D72-496E-8E21-F299F9483780.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  8. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

I like his forearm shields, but I would have prefered them to peg somewhere.

• Like Like x 4
  9. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    I feel like we had this discussion a while ago, but I don't recall if there was a consensus and I don't feel like digging through over a hundred pages to find out, so I'll just ask again. GT seems to be using real vehicles for their Protectobots. Does anyone know what kind of fire truck Foo Fighter is, then? I think I've pegged down the other four (Sarge is a Nissan 370Z, Katana is a Bell 429, Motor looks like a BMW 1200RT, and Bulance is a Mercedes Benz Sprinter), but I don't know much about fire trucks.

10. mustardcanbefun

mustardcanbefun Well-Known Member

Still no color test shots of Foo yet?

11. BIOMEC

Nope, I am still waiting for them to appear.

12. Insanitus

Insanitus Active Member

I think we will be lucky if we see one by the end of the year

• Like Like x 1
  13. Insanitus

Insanitus Active Member

GT bases their figures on the IDW line, which in turn bases theirs on actual vehicles. I'm still not sure what model of engine they are using yet for Foo Fighter

14. dragontype

dragontype Well-Known Member

CNY is coming up fast. Hoping to see a colored test shot before they go out for holiday. Seems this set has been taking a while to complete.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Evolv3d

Evolv3d Well-Known Member

16. BIOMEC

17. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Yeah, but that's how HotSpot is:
    3ADF53A8-E193-4E90-BC3A-2DEEE5CB8735.png

• Like Like x 2
  18. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    That's not accurate, though. Yes, the TFM Stunticons were clearly based on Don Figueroa's IDW designs, but the Protectobots aren't. The only two to have any significant appearances before Combiner Wars were Streetwise and First Aid. First Aid only had a Cybertronian mode. Streetwise was a Nissan GTR, and neither bore any more resemblance to GT's designs than the G1 versions do.

Because Mitsubishi Fuso actually makes them that way, sometimes.
    [​IMG]

But I can't find a modern Fuso that matches, or really any match with two wheels up front. It makes me wonder if, despite using real vehicles for the other four, if Foo Fighter isn't some amalgamation of fire trucks that leaves them with something that looks bigger than most Fusos but has four tires in the front.

• Like Like x 2
  19. MrRustEZZE

MrRustEZZE New Member

Ebay:
    Anyone have any specs on this guy. Mainly his height?

20. BIOMEC

He is around 38 cm tall.