Generation Toy GT-2 RE Tyrant (IDW Bomber Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by o1dpain1ess, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's the concensus so far, in addition to slightly too short legs. I've got your suggestions down, aza :thumb 

2. Tipsycon

Tipsycon Well-Known Member

More IDWs coming up. And i thought i can pull back from this hobby.

3. Megatron118

News Credits:
    Hey LazyAza, since you're experienced with Photoshop, do you think you'd be able to modify the pics of Megs on the front page (the one with him on the base) to emulate the changes everyone wants to see? As in: raise the shoulders + pauldrons to a normal level, extend both the upper thighs and lower legs/shins each by ~1 cm or so for more proportioned legs, and enlarge the rail gun?

If you don't have time or desire, you totally don't have to. But I've seen your edits before and you're good at it! I just thought it'd be beneficial to not only ask GT if they can make these changes, but also show them an example. I'd do it myself but I don't own photoshop.

4. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I've always liked this design but I'm not sure if I want this figure in Leader-size, is a bit too big.

5. Hound89

Hound89 Well-Known Member

In the comics he dwarfed optimus in this body

6. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Exactly. As well a stealth bomber should a truck. This figure should display nicely with my TW Orion.

7. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

8. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of people want this character, Its interesting that there is so much criticism. I'm just happy someone finally made it. I think it looks good. For now its what we have right, I'm content.

9. Megatron118

News Credits:
    Okay y'all, I messaged GT on Facebook. Idk if they'll even respond, let alone do anything about the small issues I mentioned on everyone's behalf.

Even if they don't fix anything, OriginalFire is right: this is the best bomber Megatron we've seen (and probably will see unless MMC or GCreation unveils something in the future). So I'll gladly take this guy to go along with GCreation's Optimus! Shoot, I'll even get two of this guy!

10. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    done and done
    [​IMG]

Should be noted though its basically impossible for them to make these kinds of changes without starting over from scratch, they would result in many aspects of the toy having to be re-engineered to factor in the comic accurate proportions, so we're kinda stuck with him as he is unfortunately.

Attached Files:

11. Megatron118

News Credits:
    Yeah, I figured as much. But I wanted to keep my earlier promise so I messaged them regardless. It's still a great figure as is. Who knows, maybe they can figure something out, but not adjust it to the extent you did. I honestly didn't think a 3P could pull off this design to this level of detail to begin with, so I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

But I will say, your edit is EXACTLY how I pictured him. That's how he should have been. Excellent work man, thank you for taking the time to do it.

12. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Impressive! Need to see the final colors.

13. Tfan12

Tfan12 Well-Known Member

i need this, please just correct the head proportion but anyway such a great design

14. Megatron118

News Credits:
    His head is supposed to be somewhat small on this body, though it looks odd to us as humans

15. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    That edit looks fantastic LazyAza! Unfortunately, GT could never get him to this stage like you say, there'd be too much reengineering to be done. It's such a shame, he looks near perfect there. :( 

Normally, I'm the first to complain about small heads on Transformers, but on this occasion it is accurate to the source material. I'm guessing it was to convey how massive this body was in comparison to the others Megs has had.

16. NamelessOne

NamelessOne SG Autobot

Some of the other stuff being reported on are a bit 'meh' <my wallet crosses fingers in background > but hhholy hell I want this NAO!!!!

17. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, there's no way they could make these kinds of changes without a complete redesign. Lengthening the legs means the entire proportion of the alt mode changes and things no longer fit together.
    And personally I don't think it's necessary. The legs are fine as they are. Maybe the shoulders could be shifted up a bit but even that seems like it'd be problematic.
    As for the rail gun, if you look at the pics on the front page it can actually sit in two different positions one a lot lower down than the other. The shot from the rear shows this position and makes the rail gun look longer.
    In short, for me while some changes would be nice they are far from necessary. This is a win as it is.

18. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

WOW! I want this. Looks fantastic!

Wonder if the shoulders can raise just a scootch?

19. Megatron118

News Credits:
    Now that yesterday's hype has subsided, I do agree it's highly unlikely they can do anything to the extent of Aza's edit. I did keep my promise and messaged them on Facebook, but they haven't responded :lol  As much as I would like a more comic-proportioned version, the figure as is is nearly perfect. I can't complain too much, because it's the figure I've always wanted—an MP-sized stealth bomber body Megatron.

As long as the quality is good and QC isn't an issue (which GT seems serious about from what others have mentioned on TFW), then this will be my definitive Megatron figure. Bravo to Generation Toy!

As a side thought though, I do stand by my hypothesis that GCreation has to do a Megatron of their own eventually—rarely in this franchise is an Optimus released without Megatron. And as we've all seen, GCreation's Optimus is nearly identical to the comic design. Sooo, if they made their own bomber Megatron like Recon734 and I were expecting them to reveal, perhaps that one would be closer to LazyAza's edit. Time will tell.

20. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

If they could tweak the look to make it like the Deluxe figure and a bigger rail gun I'd buy that for $100. Heck, I'll still buy it anyway because its Bomber Megatron, a design that NEEDS a good toy!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1