Generation Toy GT-2 RE Tyrant (IDW Bomber Megatron)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by o1dpain1ess, Jul 16, 2016.

1. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    I bought GC's Dinobots, and while they look nice they're fiddly pain in the asses to transform (ok, Swoop isn't too bad). Didn't get their Prime, but by all accounts it's the same deal... looks good, fiddly pain to transform. Until I hear in a review that they've made a figure that's actually fun I'm not touching anything they do anymore.

I've been really happy with GT's stuff, though. Their Optimus is my favorite 3P purchase this year, so I'm just waiting for the email from TFSource telling me that it's in.

I'm going to say the same thing as @Robogeek28 and tell you that GCreation is fine if you want a display piece that you're going to put on a shelf and never touch, but GT is the way to go if you need with your toys.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    For the Generations/Classics collectors...

I submit to you that this figure will be appropriately (or very close to it) sized for your collection where Starscream is essentially a Voyager size.

Why?

Because this Megatron is absolutely HUGE in the comics. Look at Spotlight Megatron again.

Megatron 1.jpg
    Here he isn't even standing fully upright. He's towering over the Voyager sized Blitzwing.

Megatron 2.jpg
    Dwarfing Starscream here...

Megatron 3.jpg
    Towering over Soundwave, but admittedly, the perspective is a bit askew, so let's look at something more comparable....

Megatron 4.jpg
    Straight up huge.

Annnyway...TLDR...I found justification to buy one.

• Like Like x 5
  3. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

just got mine today and damn, was not expecting the size and heft of this megs. I mean, I've seen the pictures and all, but is still really impressive to actually see and hold it in person. transformation was smooth, intuitive, and most importantly, fun w/o being overly complex. The flight stand is pretty awesome too, easily adjustable with locking mechanisms and looks great!

This is definitely one of my top figures of this year, can't stop messing with it.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad to hear this is turning out to be an excellent release with pretty positive reviews so far. If TFS doesn't get him in by next week maybe I'll hop on over to TCP.

5. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

Thank you Counterpunch? for posting those scans. I knew he shouldve been a lot bigger in scale than what GT gave us. Im hoping someone makes him in proper scale to the other MPs to make him tower over MP Starscream, Soundwave and crew. Im guessing he should be roughly Skyfire size in comparison to them.

6. ib4cx3pt

ib4cx3pt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    got mine in today too. what can i say but generation toy is kicking ass lately. I love this guy. feels good quality transformation is complex yet straight forward. Looks fantastic in both modes. Really fun figure great to look at. going into jet mode is a little trickier than going to robot but still good.

7. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Technically, I'd like the figure to be significantly bigger, so it would tower over my Orion, and be a bit bigger than my leader class CW seekers. But in practicality, much bigger would be difficult to display in my space, and probably too expensive to me, so this size is acceptable to me.

8. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

This will be where my iGear Raptor squad will actually be perfect. As F-22s they scale better with this Bomber Megs alt mode. Will post pics once I have him in Hand.

• Like Like x 2
  9. InvincibleSoul

InvincibleSoul Well-Known Member

Got him yesterday evening.
    He is pretty great! He has a really fun transformation, in my opinion. Comes with batteries pre-installed, too.
    The stand is really great! Kind of like the ones you get with some Gundam figures, with 3 locking points.
    There is a missed opportunity, I think, with the way his arm cannon transforms. I think it would be cool for the 2 halves to have a sword mode.
    You can get him to hold them as 2 sword pretty well but it doesn't peg in or anything.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch

Wow, I'm absolutely loving this figure right out of the box!!!! I haven't even transformed him yet because I want to enjoy this for a bit! :D 

20171020_121746.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  11. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Run Starscream....RUN!!

• Like Like x 2
  12. DJDJustice

DJDJustice Active Member

Ebay:
    Hey all. Decided to sell my second Megs. I bought two, one for display, one for play....but Maketoys Meteor and Maz and Kuma's latest pics have won me over...I need that fig lol, so I'm going to sell one of them. The one I'm selling has not been transformed fully, I just took the legs down so I could inspect for any defects or paint issues, none to report. It's in excellent condition. If anyone is interested for a very reasonable price for a near brand new GT Megs, PM me.

13. Xyl

Xyl Member

Got mine today, and he looks great. The transformation is not that bad except for a few details in the chest. He has a nice weight to him, and he looks great standing next to OP-EX.

I painted both of their eyes, because I like the look better. The LED's still work, more or less, but it looks so much better than before.

20171021_000308.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. LazyAza

LazyAza color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yup, this is why I think he's actually going to look nice scale wise next to my mmc reform and maketoys cd bots because this was when megs was overflowing with power and he's never been as powerful since so I'm fine with him standing head n shoulders over my ultras and voyagers.

15. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    If I’m able to afford this, I’m might try to paint his chin area. It should be in slightly darker contrast compared to the rest of his face

16. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just an honest questions here; for those who have or have seen pics of this one in Bomber mode, do you think he is too "thick" at the wings? I know he's got all that robot to tuck away, but at the same time, i was kind of surprised to see how thick those wings are in bomber mode in this video review posted below. Just curious on people's thoughts on this. Also, isn't there another 3P company coming out with their version of this as well?

The IDW Megatron is very loosely (VERY loosely) based on the B-2 Stealth Bomber: See what I mean about the wings. The real one has sleek, thin wings, as it should:

[​IMG]

17. LazyAza

LazyAza color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Age old problem with a lot of bot designs with jet alt modes. You always end up with more robot mass than you can realistically hide with such alts. You should see Zeta's Silverbolt, just like with TFC's the "jet" is basically just a backpack on a folded up robot haha. Unless you want a super lanky robot made out of wings this is kinda what you end up with inevitably.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  18. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

Technically, yes. But I can’t imagine how how one could possibly create a Megatron modeled after Figueroa’s design without adding some bulk to the bomber. It’s the nature of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Aldetron

Aldetron Seeker

News Credits:

Too thick for a B-2 yes, but looks awesome IMO as an IDW Megatron bomber.

After seeing that review and babas price on eBay ($137.58 shipped after auto $5 discount) I could not resist. He will do fine next to MP SS.

20. kgorman79

kgorman79 WAVE POUNDER

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    • Like Like x 3