Generation Selects Barricade

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PrinceDarian07, Oct 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke Hostad

Luke Hostad Well-Known Member

I agree. But bayverse is the devil apparently. Keep it away from the 40th g1 toy redo

• Like Like x 3
  2. just a transformers fan

just a transformers fan Daft Punk will forever be missed

if this is going to be a galactic odyssey figure how come we never got anything of thrust??? we need to know about runabout i mean barricade is fine as a cop car but if this is a g1 based series then make g1 barricade what the flip hasbro get to work. but is this a reference to the song where it go\'s rockstar this aight no guitar? feels like that to me cause smokescreen he\'s a datsun (just useing as an example i know he\'s not a lamboargini) he has a gun and he hates cops i guess and he shoots em and barricade is the cop ssoooo i guess its a reference...but hasbro 2 repaints fine 3 repaints not sure BUT 4 DATSUNS NOPE WHERE\'S THRUST HASBRO :mad: 

3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thrust and runabout might get their reveals on friday

• Like Like x 1
  4. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    probably with target, and everything would be fine if it wasn't for covid

5. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I like this Barricade, it’s an improvement from the Micromaster and a nice way to homage one of the improvements the Bayverse brought to the franchise.

6. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I like this Barricade as I know where the reference came from. I DO wish they would also make a G1 Micromaster Barricade as well. As for the deco on him, I think he's a bit plain. I will bet that Toyhax is probably going to make an update set for him once he's released.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks boring as hell. Should've atleast given him a new head.

• Like Like x 1
  8. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    while I mostly agree (especially on the retool), and really want a Generations figure of Barricade's Evergreen design (which is a really nice, unique design), this design of Barricade as a "Nemesis Prowlscreen" came from some artwork Guido Guide did, that I believe predates the Evergreen look.

AT THE LEAST he should have got the Evergreen head.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I really wish he had a faceplate to differentiate himself a bit more.

10. just a transformers fan

i forgot triple f was coming but its only studio series people used my comment and said thrust runabout and barriacade will be revealed there they might not 

11. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle PORKCHOP SANDWICHES!

News Credits:
    Anyone want to bet that Netflix Barricade will be a battle damaged redeco of this?

• Like Like x 1
  12. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The "absolute minimum" would have been to have atleast given him the colors and decals of his movie version instead of a featureless and generic black cop car, honestly.

• Like Like x 3
  13. LZSchneider

LZSchneider Well-Known Member

I get he uses the Prowl mold because he's a police man, but suuuurely Ford would've been down to lend a sick '84 Mustang license for his Earthrise design.

They could've made him come kitted out with a baller paint job, an effects part, 4 guns, brass knuckles, a baton, and a riot shield and charged $30 for it. I would've happily bought something like that.

How hard ya'll think it'll be to buy a same scale 84 Mustang model kit and go all Frankenstein on Barry?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

Yes to "The Mustang". No to the Bayverse garbage.

15. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

It would only be "letting go" if this Barricade character existed prior to the 2007 movie. Some people are just not into the mechanical zombie aesthetic that Bay introduced, and don't like it bleeding into the "classic" universe. For those that like the Bayverse style, there are several Barricade figures out there already. The G1-ifying of this one should be fair game, given the countless number of G1 characters Bay has ruined over the years.

I will agree, though, that the GuidoGuidi design for Barricade is ridiculously lazy. However, given the historical precedent of mold-sharing within G1, this seems consistent if not creative.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Luke Hostad

Luke Hostad Well-Known Member

While Bay might have “ruined” the G1 characters.. I mean can you blame him for that? Paramount is at fault for it, they hired him. He wasn’t interested in transformers growing up. The whole live action universe is a mess... Personally Im fine with the characters, there’s only so much you can do in film made for car and toy advertisements. I don’t want to make this a bay debate so I’m sorry it’s lead to that... there’s far more g1 renditions than bayverse aesthetic out there. On a personal level I think the Live action concept Artists should be given more recognition. Whether that be in studio series or future generations figures

17. just a transformers fan

how there\'s at least ghostbusters back to the future and top gun to me i want a mad max crossover that would be sssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccccccccccckkkkkkkk just use this mold modify the front just when he transforms into bot mode he still has the same head but he has a visor if you agree use my comment 

• Like Like x 2
  18. Zentropy

Zentropy Toys > Fiction

No debate needed... it's been argued to death already. I think there's plenty of room for everyone's interests. Personally, I don't like Beast Wars either, but that's just my opinion, which isn't better than anyone else's. To each his/her own. I'm not here to claim G1 superiority, I just don't like the blending of the universes.

My point is that Siege and Earthrise are building on a G1 aesthetic, and the clawed, ape-armed, razor-teeth Barricade just doesn't fit the way GuidoGuidi's Datsunbot does. Personally, I think the Evergreen design would have been both refreshing and suitable, but they took the easy route. Just a new head design would have gone a long way to curbing criticism.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Remember that one mans trash is anothers treasure. Like how i personally find alot of G1 to be garbage

20. Nickster563

Nickster563 Anymore questions you wanna ask?

Him being a Datsun repaint is Prowl's revenge for Barry stealing his spot in TF1

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.