Minor/Repaint: Generation Chromia's Nose(guard)job

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Seeaich, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    My recent fix of Windblade's face got me to dig her bodyguard out of the box for a stern looking at.
    I realised that like her wavemate she suffered from excess paint in the face but Sharpie was not the fix for her so with a mix of careful scraping and alcohol rubbing I established a comic-referencing noseguard and a chinstrap.
    I did fall back on the Sharpies to pick out her collar in a different blue to the face "fleshtone" so that she no longer looked like she was in a strapless breastplate, plus a quick refencing of the original Windblade miniseries reminded me on panel she had dark blue kneepads so I thought I'd give 'em a spin. The fingerless gloves were a bit of a whim as I felt she needed at least a little of the dark blue somewhere else in her deco. I docked her feet tips as I never liked the pointiness, it seemed a bit too much of a feminising attempt (plus docked as they are they look more uniform with Windblade's foot design).
    Then I took care of her super vulnerable to scratching bike mode Bot symbol by repurposing it as a headlight and did some paint snagging on some of the poorly applied details on my figure.
    I'm pretty happy with the end result. (The correct alignment for bike mode transformation is still a git!)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. FortMax123

FortMax123 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It never fails to amaze me how much you can do with a Sharpie, Chris! She looks way better. :thumb 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Cheers, though this time it's craft paint on the knees. Sorry, I forgot to state that bit explicitly after talking Sharpie about the collar.
    It is kinda funny how minor a tweak can totally shift the appreciation of a TF toy though.

• Like Like x 2
  4. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Gives me an Aligned Continuity vibe. Nicely done!

• Like Like x 1
  5. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Wow! That little bit of work went a long way to add more personality to the figure. Well done!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hotpiece

Hotpiece Blazechaser

Very tasteful mods. You put a lot of thought into how to make this figure better, and it shows.

• Like Like x 1