General Upgrade Kits Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ziltama, Nov 30, 2020.

1. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Posted this earlier but now back in stock. The earlier listing was for one MP scaled metal Golden Disk coin custom made by crypttoyz seller on eBay. This new listing now comes as a set of 2 with a 2nd coin type:
    Transformers Beast Wars Masterpiece Coin Vok & Voyager Golden Disk Set (custom) | eBay

These are expensive and heavy. It really is for MP scale figures and needs to have good arm joints in order to hold up without flopping.

For those who bought the original coin, seller is offering the 2nd coin type at a discount.

I posted these earlier comparing to the ZX coin. Quality is better than the ZX metal coins but is too big and heavy for most voyager and deluxe figures to handle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit:
    Shockwave Lab SL-108: V2 of their Siege Jetfire Energy Sword
    s-l1600.jpg

4 different color blades to choose from (? improved clarity of blades) and base is changed to silver (original was painted off-white to match plastic). I assume the base color was changed so that other figures can use.

Various sellers on eBay are now listing these, including sweetmall-1, wonderfullys, and smea1366.

Edit #2:
    Shockwave Lab SL-88 Base Mode Connecting Plates restock
    xvxCBDzCvzxzxuyyvBDzCxCEzGABDyyACADwQWN0.jpg

SL mentioned having to make a new mold for another production run. So far, sweetmall-1 and smea1366 are listing these.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  2. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    It's weird that on camera the colors are crazy different. In person it blends pretty well.

Super happy with this as I only bought 2 figures this and Huffer and I got kits for both.
    20210529_152344.jpg 20210529_152107.jpg 20210529_152045.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  3. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

News Credits:
    Matrix Workshop Siege Jetfire Antenna (M-17):
    ziltama has already posted about his thoughts on these before, but I figured I'd add my $0.02 as well.

20210529_134136 - Copy.jpg 20210529_134154 - Copy.jpg

20210529_134212 - Copy.jpg 20210529_134230 - Copy.jpg

Can't tell much about print quality, seems like that's black paint on top of whatever material they used (probably plain white, cheapest thing). Looks fine at a glance though.

20210529_134348 - Copy.jpg

Hard to see pictured, but there's two tabs/nubs that slide over the grooves on the sides of his head in order to secure. It's around this time that I figured the antenna were painted because there were black marks/residue left from when I was too hesitant with flexing the material to slot both sides in.

20210529_134710 - Copy.jpg 20210529_134730 - Copy.jpg 20210529_134822 - Copy.jpg

It fits well enough at the end though and it looks pretty great. Not like I'm going to remove the ears or the face plate ever again anyway.

Punch/Counterpunch Weapon Kit (by Tim Heada?):
    I have to say this thing disappoints me on a few levels before even beginning.

20210529_134916 - Copy.jpg 20210529_134938 - Copy.jpg

Packaging gets a lovely piece of bubble wrap around the inside. I've only ever seen the jewelry baggies, so that's nice.

20210529_135035 - Copy.jpg

Unfortunately, it's a bad sign that the color-matching isn't good despite the horrible lighting in my living room and my phone camera being dumb throughout.

20210529_135221 - Copy.jpg 20210529_135326 - Copy.jpg 20210529_135351 - Copy.jpg

From what I can tell/gather in auctions, the copy I received is a 3D resin print that's completely painted over. Various pictures show white handles in some of the auctions and completely painted in others. Other than the color not matching it fits in well enough, handles styled like the stock peashooter PCP gets.

20210529_135427 - Copy.jpg 20210529_135507 - Copy.jpg 20210529_135701 - Copy.jpg 20210529_135718 - Copy.jpg

I suspect it's my copy of PCP with issues since his Counterpunch hands can't fit a 5 mm weapon as smoothly as the Punch hands. May need that 5 mm metric drill bit that ziltama has mentioned before. Gun looks slightly out of scale to me somehow as well.

20210529_135907 - Copy.jpg

But yeah... definitely painted resin. Going to need to message the eBay seller about these hiccups with the PCP gun set. The hand fitment on Counterpunch is on me, but the orange color not matching is egregious when I specifically chose "dark" to go with the Power of the Primes release. They have a lemony yellow to go with the Galactic Odyssey version too AFAIK.

-----

Both kits bought from 6hk666666 and they did what they were supposed to in shipping them here in good, well-protected condition. Like the antenna, not as enthused with the guns. Hope this is useful to someone.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Might have to grab the v2 blade. My v1 isn't very clear at all. I already have a set of the airlock tracks from the first run and I could make do with more, so it's good to hear there's more coming.

5. John TL

John TL Well-Known Member

The blade looks good. I’ll have to re-paint the silver to black so it looks a little better I think. Also black is the only paint I have.

6. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    I like reading through this thread, I'll post pics of my nonnef-upgraded exhaust when I get home.

What's the quality like on Go Better's gap fillers? I was considering the Grapple kit when I noticed TF safari has a disclaimer about the paint quality varying. I'd also hope TF safari ships to the UK...

7. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF Safari definitely ships to the UK as that's where I get the majority of my Upgrade Kits from. In terms of speed I can only speak for the faster shipping which costs $3 (I think, and I think the other option is free but a lot slower) I normally have mine within 2 weeks from being posted (It does seem to be Hermes delivery though if that's an issue, Hermes are decent round my area)

As for the Go better kit itself, it's very good quality at least on my copy, and the paint is also a very good match for Grapple, I think it's just a general disclaimer they put on the item page to save themselves hassle.

They also have a lot of discount codes.

Coupon Code

• Like Like x 3
  8. Tyler Doom

Tyler Doom [WTCG] Dr PotterPoolPrime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Hello I am reaching out because I have no idea where to go, just recently won an auction for CW Devastator for $90 and got him in. Amazing figure and glad I went with him, my question is, does anyone know where i can get any of the add-on kits for him? I checked eBay and the only one I have found is Perfect Effect PC-07 for $170 to 180. I really don't think thats a good seller at that point, i understand they are out of stock in most places. Just wondering if there are any 3D printed solutions i could use, or if anyone might have an idea where to find any of the PE or DNA. Sorry if this is off topic for this thread, I just have no idea where to ask. Hope you all have a great day :) 

9. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    I was in a similar situation to you a couple of years back, only I was chasing Thrilling 30 Metroplex upgrades (I wanted two red copies of X2 Toys XT004 Interception Metroplex Gun and one of the limited edition white version. It was a very big ask four years after the guns were originally sold.)

The only place left on Earth that still had the kits I wanted for sale was an eBay seller on eBay Malaysia. Getting stuff out of Malaysia to me here in Australia can be a real uphill battle, but it turns out it can be done if you're persistent.

I couldn't pay by PayPal, because it's not valid there, the only way I could pay was to send money from a money transfer machine in a nearby 7-11.
    Amazingly, it all worked out. The seller got their money and I received the upgrades I had been dreaming about.

I'm telling you all this because there is a seller on eBay Malaysia selling a Takara Unite Warriors Devastator, with both Perfect Effect upgrade kits installed, for RM 1,350.00 (about US $326.50) This might be more than you're hoping to spend, given the bargain price you paid for Combiner Wars Devastator, but it's a very good listing.

Here's a direct link to the listing.

I hope this is helpful to you. :) 

~L~

10. SomethingJ

SomethingJ Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Here's where you can get PC-07 for a somewhat reasonable price. The site is painfully slow, but it works. PC-06... You're on your own with eBay. I want the kit, but I'm unwilling to pay $150+ for it. I saw a listing yesterday. You'll probably be in the same boat with DNA. There's no guarantee, but DNA has reissued some of their older stuff recently.
    PerfectEffect PE PC-07 IDW upgrade Set

11. ziltama

News Credits:
    Yeah, this has been asked periodically. You are likely SOL at this point. PC-07 used to be the easiest kit to find, but the CW re-issue pretty much wiped out a lot of stores' remaining stock. I've seen those ridiculous eBay listings too. If you still really want PC-07 and willing to overpay, but not as much, then, yeah, that robotoybase listing is the last one I know of. The s&h may be killer and packages are getting stuck leaving HK atm (my last HK package from them has been stuck at the airport for almost a month now).

PC-06 was the desirable one but impossible to find online new. I may have grabbed one of the last (if not last) new kits from a Malaysian store that has since sold out over a year ago.

DNA DK-01 honestly wasn't as good as PC-06 + 7 (although was cheaper than that combo) and was one of their first kits. The DNA Mixmaster add-on in particular was complete trash. DNA already did a 2nd run of DK-01, and I highly doubt they'll do a 3rd. DNA has pretty much re-issued everything in their back catalog very recently except for any of their Titan class kits.

There are a bunch of scam sites out there that will have out of print items "in stock" and are usually easy to tell that they're not legit. Edit: One easy tell is that their social media links go to the sites' front page and not to any specific user page.

They're good. Posted this earlier: Grapple with Go Better fillers, Tim Heada articulated claw, and 3p "Energon" cube which is really a purple dice.
    [​IMG]

Edit #2:
    Some kits that I previously couldn't ID are Tim Heada's (thanks to unclebilly):

B-127
    s-l1600 (1).jpg

Starscream
    s-l1600.jpg

Dino
    image_998c86e0-c544-462d-8622-9bc025992a03_1024x1024.jpg

The TFSafari listing doesn't specifically mention the new car front, though. Unclebilly's listing does but is unpainted:
    6666_2.jpg

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  12. ziltama

News Credits:
    Next Shockwave Lab kits:
    SL-106 Core Starscream
    006BSuhtly1gr218yo7enj30u0190npd.jpg 006BSuhtly1gr21bau3edj30vl0u0kjl.jpg

The effects parts thankfully won't have their janky new tapered peg issues. One of the effects is actually for Core Megatron's blaster and has what looks like a metal peg. I've only tried one metal peg before and that was on the Tim Heada articulated Grapple claw (worked well but should not have been painted over...had to remove all the paint on that peg).

The gap fillers are again odd with the transparent parts and protruding bits. Did not like the recent Warpath and the thigh gap fillers of Core Megatron due to the clear parts and/or protruding bits. The large silver gap fillers on Core Megatron were good, though.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Powerbomb

Powerbomb Nearly done?

Someone needs to make Pretender armor for that guy.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Plaiskool1201

Plaiskool1201 Well-Known Member

Check robotoybase for the pe 07 kit and ask him personally if he can get you the x2toyskit he ordered one for me last month

• Like Like x 2
  15. ziltama

News Credits:
    Crypttoyz Golden Disk coins set
    Transformers Beast Wars Masterpiece Coin Vok & Voyager Golden Disk Set (custom) | eBay

Posted earlier about the Vok Golden Disk that was sold earlier. These are 2", relatively heavy and thick, gold plated brass coins that are custom made by the seller. These are meant for MP scale figures, although not all MP figures can hold these. Basically, you need a large figure with articulated hands and arm joints that can handle the weight.

The finish is significantly better than the ZX coins but also much more expensive.

The new listing re-issues the Vok coin and is now part of a set with the Voyager version of the disk (not Voyager class). Previous buyers of the Vok version can buy just the voyager disk at a discount.

Delta Magnus here is holding the Voyager coin.
    coins1.jpg

The first column is the Voyager coin, the middle column is the Vok coin, and the 3rd column is the ZX set.
    coins2.jpg

The Vok coin has raised patterns. The Voyager coin has raised details for the record side and laser etched details for the other. The ZX coins are all laser etched for their details.

Even if you don't have figures that can hold them well, they still make for good decorations in a display case.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope they makes those ramps in another colour sometime - red or yellow might be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cyberrabbits

Cyberrabbits Well-Known Member

Is there an upgrade kit for Super Megatron that has wrist swivels?

kinda like Nonnef did for TR Chromdome.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Just got my BDT mace/blaster kit for Primal off ebay
    Also got JRC's G2 Megs shoulder adapter and Cyclonus sword off their new site.

BDT's sculpt and paint are again phenomenal. Were it not for inside the chained and other select spots you'd never know the it was painted grey. Tolerances were a touch off, I did have to do the dance of the thickener fluid for a few ports, but it was quick job to get everything to hold together just right. BDT is right up there with Go Better for upgrades that feel premium.

JRC shipped quick and everything was wrapped up safely in paper cocoons as regular buyers would expect.
    I like the shoulder adapter. Obviously, it doesn't match his orange, but since all that is paint it kinda cheats into that fuzzy "paints never match plastics" headspace. It clicks into place SUPER strong, it's designed to not have to move and I'm confident it won't. At first I could go either way, but I really do like it his cannon up there.
    I got the sword on a whim. It's referential but also simplified enough to just be a sword he picked up. My only issue is the sword slides loosely on it's holder. IF there was a touch of ka-click when you store it it'd be perfect.

19. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Got the Inferno arm fillers from @wheeljackfan16 /JRCDesign and the tolerances are so much better than the Go better kit

• Like Like x 3
  20. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Just received the back adapter for Warpath from @wheeljackfan16 /JRCDesign. It does the job nicely and cleaning up the figure(I hated the arm shield). I bought 2 of the adapter and was very glad I did because as I expected it works perfectly for siege megatron for lowering the 5mm port on the back for mounting his sword/cannon to look like his G1 gun barrel.

Also got the G2 kit in from Larkin's Lair for G2 Megatron to give him a more accurate cannon and gun and boy am I glad I picked up that Megatron now because he looks perfect.
    PXL_20210602_030756745.jpg

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 13