General Upgrade Kits Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ziltama, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Kamen Ranger Bat

Kamen Ranger Bat Don’t hassle the Hoffimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Oh crap they even replaced the front bumper. I need better looks at this set.

2. ICEPnguin

ICEPnguin Constructicon

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Pinterest:
    Anyone see a new intake for sunstreaker? I got the spoiler that flips around to fill the forearms and the leg fillers.

3. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Ugh. eBay fucked around with their listing categories and now it's harder to just find Transformers upgrade kits without wading through a load of generalised action figure stuff. :S

• Like Like x 1
  4. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I just bookmark the more reliable sellers. eBay is otherwise a big cluster-F browsing for add-ons.

I usually browse these the most:

sweetmall-1:
    Items for sale by sweetmall-1 | eBay

6hk666666:
    Items for sale by 6hk666666 | eBay

wonderfullys:
    Items for sale by wonderfullys | eBay

Unclebilly has an eBay ID called cbyg3016, but it's better just to use their site for slightly cheaper prices.

• Like Like x 7
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Has anyone made a 5mm emp generator for Ratchet? Been rewatching animated and would love one to give ER Ratchet

• Like Like x 4
  6. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    It's not something I've ever seen available.

Would you want it to have the engine block styling of the one from Animated? Or are you just looking for something that evokes the idea of the EMP generator and plugs into Ratchet's 5mm forearm port?

There is a Mech Tech weapon from 2011's Dark of the Moon range that might work for you.

gun.jpg

This was available with Deluxe-class Autobot Skids as well as in a Toys R Us exclusive 3-pack Streetside Bot Brawl.

vehiclemode2.jpg
    images (75).jpeg

It's styled more like a gun than an engine block, but the two barrels that unfold out from under the cowling are reminiscent of the barrels that would unfold from the engine block on Animated Lockdown's arm.

images (76).jpeg

Not sure if this is any help, but I hope it does.

~L~

• Like Like x 5
  7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    That's not bad, though it looks a bit big. Doesn't necessarily need to look like an engine block for me, just needs to look good mounted on his arm

• Like Like x 4
  8. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Anyone know anything about when the ZX Studio Grimlock upgrade is coming out?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was gonna post a similar question, had mine on pre-order at tf safari for a while now.

Received about 3 different/separate orders from them since.

• Like Like x 3
  10. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you. They've had the same disclaimer on their page since March:

2021-3 Pre-order for 1st batch to be released in April. The production of the studio is very slow. Pls be patient and we appreciate your understanding.

But I'm kinda glad they haven't yet, as it comes with a screw peg and this just got annoynced earlier:
    FB_IMG_1621181443309.jpg

I'm not sure if the screw peg would impede installation of the clear yellow neck piece but I don't wanna risk it until I have this in-hand. Waiting for the preorder to show up, I haven't even taken Grimmy out of the box yet.

• Like Like x 6
  11. ziltama

News Credits:
    I can't see the link from desktop but strangely can from mobile. I don't see any installation issues...unless you installed 3p screw hole covers earlier (I wouldn't advise installing any hole covers until everyone has released their various kits). This doesn't look like the earlier clear neck piece kit that someone posted earlier.

I've made my own custom clear yellow neck pieces earlier. You have to undo 3 screws (2 head, 1 neck) in order to free the outer neck pieces.

I may still get this primarily for the hands.

Edit:
    The Ratchet listing by ? group restocked the regular version feet. SG version remains in stock too:
    NEW Foot Sole Upgrade Kit For Siege Earthrise Ratchet/Shattered Glass Ratchet | eBay

s-l1600.jpg

Their Dino listing was pretty much wiped out already. Just has the blades left.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ottertron

News Credits:
    Worryingly that Grimlock kit has disappeared from TFSafari's site now. :S

Where's the neck replacement kit from? I can't view Facebook as I don't have an account there anymore, but I've been waiting for a neck replacement set since Grimmy came out now!

***Ignore me, I found the neck kit, but I also spotted the ZX Grimlock kit up for sale on eBay already - 3D Sword Foot Soles&Hands Fill Holes Upgrade Kit For Studio Series SS86 Grimlock | eBay - so I wonder what's happening with TFSafari?

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  13. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If clear replacement parts are a thing now I really hope someone makes a clear faux roof (ideally slightly larger too, if transformation will allow for it) for Kingdom Tracks when he comes out.

14. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome! I absolutely love the Grapple set so this is clearly another winner and can't wait to get mine on the big red lad.

Cheers for the heads up, these look great. Ordered both.

• Like Like x 3
  15. ziltama

News Credits:
    TFSafari rarely gets new releases first. Granted, their prices are usually the lowest of various places, so depending on the kit, it may be worthwhile waiting. Plus, that particular ZX kit apparently took a long time to make enough stock.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ottertron

News Credits:
    I'd already preordered it at TF Safari, which is why I'm concerned it vanished. I tend not to bother getting the kits from them simply because they get most of them so late but nowhere else was offering it at the time. Grrrr.

• Like Like x 1
  17. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

@Ottertron ; @Optimus1138 ; @ziltama :
    The ebay pricing is about $40 while the TFsafari listing is only $25. That's a big difference to me do I won't mind waiting a bit for TFSafari to get their stock in.

I completely forgot I ordered the siege mirage turbines from TFSaf and ordered it again thru ebay. I got both sets in the mail within a week of each other, so it's not a huge deal to wait on.

Lastly, wherever the clear yellow neck and hands are coming from, the $15 difference will go a long way to funding that.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I've seen the same Ratchet tool set that you've probably seen - Matrix Workshop's M-21 - which has nods to G1, Animated, Prime, and Bayverse. I don't know what those square things are supposed to be.

And I've seen energon repair rays (the War for Cybertron video games) on Shapeways. Here's one by @Trentulas. Someone cooked up Animated electromagnets. Nothing helpful running a Lockdown search. So no dice. You could suggest it to one of the 3D designers around these parts, but they get flooded with so many....

+1 on the Animated love, though. I rewatched it on the Roku Channel and fell in love with it all over again.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    The square things are adapters to fit onto Ratchet's arms in place of his hands, so you can make it look like his hand has retracted and the tool of your choice is extending out of his wrist. :) 

I don't really use them much, as Ratchet can hold his tools very well, but I guess they're essential if you want him to have the battle scalpels seen in Transformers Prime.

~L~

• Like Like x 2
  20. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Can anyone confirm that the Grimlock head issues have been fixed? Thanks.