General Upgrade Kits Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ziltama, Nov 30, 2020.

1. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    This plus new accurate forearms guard armor and bigger wings are exactly what I want and were my problem with the figure (though I don’t hate the wires showing). New feet I’m fine without, new shoulder pads if at all possible to fit over the existing ones and the forearms for alt mode would be great also. Seems easy enough to made compared to other kits people have done

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

Forearms I can live with, to be honest - shins, wings, and pauldrons are the essentials for me. Not to say I wouldn't welcome other bits as well, of course!

• Like Like x 2
  3. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    I just love how the forearms of VP are done so I would like them to continue over plus just for some color breakup with gold on them (and make him different from Jihaxus) but if it doesn’t happen sadly I’ll live as long as we get new wings and panel for the sides of the legs. The wires I can live with but I’m sure a cover will happen and it should to help distinguish him from Jihaxus. I’ve grown to accept the shoulder pads but I’ll gladly take bigger ones.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Kaosu Reido

Kaosu Reido Well-Known Member

Any new "fit over" shoulder pads would break transformation, as the shoulders come together and touch beneath him in spaceship mode. They'd have to be removable. Also, I don't think you could just get shinguards that would snap over the wires, that area's too shallow for anything to clip in and hold in place flush. Best bet would be the hinges, yeah. For the arms, they'd also likely have to be removable, as while there's a little room between the forearms in spaceship mode, it's an exceedingly tiny amount.

Now, I could see making parts that alter his transformation. You'd have to leave the shoulder-mounts at a 45 degree angle instead of fully folding them under, and then rotate the forearms so that new parts could clip into the thighs where the old tab did. It'd be doable. As is, though, any thing that would be clipped onto the arms would either have to be removed or designed to transform differently.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

So I ended up buying TF Lab's shin-mounting parts for Legacy Menasor. I don't have an issue with them being mounted behind the legs, I just like to have options.

While they work nicely, sadly I have to confirm it's not 100% as-designed compatible with the DNA Design Menasor upgrade kit, as the bigger feet create obstruction with the cars. You can mitigate this by unsecuring the front-portions of Breakdown and Wildrider, but that's not a great look.

2024-06-21 14.08.54.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  6. Hydro

Hydro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's been like 3 or 4 week, when's DNA showing off the Nova and raiden kits.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I don't check Toyhax pricing all that often, but they're definitely climbing higher. Some of their sets have actual accessories. I've had some issues before with their Armory weapons, mainly due to their wonky peg style and some offset molding issues. Not sure if these new ones are better in quality. Unfortunately, they're not sold separately from the labels.

There's a lot of newer sets, but these ones have actual accessories:
    Box art pistol
    Pistol and Labels for Transformers MP C-01 Optimus Prime – Toyhax
    pistol-labels-for-mp-c-01-missing-link-optimus-prime.jpg

Katanas
    Labels & Katanas for SS-108 Wheeljack & SS-104 Nightbird - Toyhax
    labels-katanas-for-ss-108-wheeljack-ss-104-nightbird.jpg

I'm tempted to order more backdrops from them, but the largest ones get pricey at $40 each.

-------------------

TFLand is posting mainly more TFS stuff, which should spill over to the eBay sellers soon enough.

-------------------

Mandarake still has various Bayverse accessories for sale. May be worth adding onto an order or ordering multiple sets. Air mail small packets is cheapest option. I have all 4 of these.

These are for old Leader class / tall figures:

Bronze axe:
    https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1264305028

Silver Temenos sword:
    https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1264304729

Gold Temenos sword and Megatron sword axe combo:
    https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1264304664

This is for Voyager scale:

Quad barrel shotgun. Peg is able to rotate to 90 degree position.
    https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1264305002

Last edited: Jun 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  8. NextToNoMoney

NextToNoMoney Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love to see Autotrooper heads as well, I was planning on making an Animated Ironfist, but I can't seem to source a Troop builder pack here in Australia

• Like Like x 2
  9. NextToNoMoney

NextToNoMoney Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny that you mentioned that, they just posted a ton of new stuff

"Happy Friday!

If you purchased the United Autobot 5-pack for Hound alone, we've got a round of conversions for the other 4:

For Jazz, we've concocted a new character, FRACKOR, based on the 1979 Le Mans Winning Porsche 935 K3:
    Labels & Stickers for Frackor Conversion for LG UTD Jazz Converision - Toyhax

A part and stickers for Trailbreaker, turning him into JACKHAMMER, agent of Venom:
    Helmet and Labels for Transformers Legacy United Jackhammer (Conversion for LG/ER Trailbreaker) – Toyhax

Sunstreaker takes on a new life, as the international super spy known as CONDOR:
    Labels & Stickers for Condor Conversion for LG UTD Sunstreaker Converision - Toyhax

Environmentalist inspired by the Lancia Stratos Vodka Kick motif, Wheeljack is converted into BIOFUEL
    Labels & Stickers for LG UTD Biofuel - Toyhax

For Missing Link Prime, we've produced two extensive sets - one toy inspired, the other cartoon.

Toy inspired (comes with gun based on G1 Space Battle Box Art):
    Pistol and Labels for Transformers MP C-01 Optimus Prime – Toyhax

Cartoon inspired:
    Labels for MP C-01 Missing Link Optimus Prime (Cartoon Version) - Toyhax

Moving on...

Taking cues from IDW's The Gathering series, Magmatron is looking better than ever:
    Labels for LG Magmatron - Toyhax

Why is Optimus Prime a lunar vehicle? As part of a joint EDC - Autobot mission, obviously:
    Labels for -Transformers Collab JAXA Lunar Cruiser Optimus Prime – Toyhax

LG Silverbolt gets some of his feathers back:
    Labels & Stickers for LG BW Silverbolt - Toyhax

Katanas for Studio Series Nightbird and plenty of stickers for Wheeljack:
    Labels & Katanas for SS-108 Wheeljack & SS-104 Nightbird - Toyhax

Nothing is ever off the table. DX9 Gabriel finally gets his due:
    Labels & Sticker Upgrade Set for DX9 Gabriel - Toyhax- Reprolabels

Snake stripes, a revised microphone label, and more, for MOTU Origins Snake Mountain
    Labels for - MOTU Origins Snake Mountain - Toyhax

Lastly, we've added DOZENS of new reproductions for the original MOTU and Star Wars toy lines, in partnership with Toy Polloi:
    Toy Polloi"

• Like Like x 7
  10. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  11. prowl251

prowl251 Well-Known Member

Did anyone make a machine gun for the autobots united hound vehicle mode?

• Like Like x 3
  12. Hobart Paving

Hobart Paving I would prefer not to.

Are there any third-party shield mountings for HasLab Victory Saber? I hate the one it comes with. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Grahf

Grahf Well-Known Member

I was hoping for someone to make a GoBots Scratch set for the Autobots 5-pack Trailbreaker. Also a Geeper Creeper set for some version of Hound.

Just more GoBots in general. Rest-Q from some version of Ratchet. Slicks from Leadfoot or Dragstrip. Van Guard from Crosscut. Buggyman from Beachcomber. Fly Trap and Dumper from Trashmaster. Spay-C from Galaxy Shuttle. Sky-Jack from Maverick. Major Mo from Sideswipe. Sparky from Spin-Out. Stallion from Netflix Deepcover and so on.

I mean, we all most likely have a few extras of these around or can get more easily with the exception of Spin-Out and Galaxy Shuttle but at least Galaxy Shuttle is getting a reissue. And if Toy Hax was willing to put enough stickers on something to change the color outright like they did for Biofuel then that opens up even more conversion sets into other GoBots.

I also find it funny that Toyhax is saying that those conversion kits are ONLY for the 5-pack versions and not for any other versions. Uh...98% of people are replacing their Earthrise Sunstreaker with the new one or finally have a Sunstreaker at all. About 76% will be using that new Jazz over the older one too due to potential breakage issues. Around the same amount will be using the new Wheeljack over the older one due to the colors. So you'd think the sticker sets would've been made for the versions most likely to become obsolete.

• Like Like x 3
  14. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    Finished up Junkion Trashcan thanks to the Darkism head set including a chest piece and waist flaps which really helped make this as good as it is.

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-22 at 19.09.05_eb7ae9e9.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-22 at 19.10.37_2fbb3942.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  15. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Thats awesome, where do you buy his stuff ? from Japan ?

any problem transforming them ?

16. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    It’s a real shame Darkism’s Flamewar head was as ridiculously hard to get hold of as it was. That would’ve been a huge improvement to the Shattered Glass version.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 2
  18. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    DNA Design DK-48 Gear Master For ROTB Ultimate Class

This is a set for Takara's Awakening Optimus Primal figure. It is very important to note that this is NOT really an "upgrade" set for Optimus Primal. It's really a conversion kit to Apelinq. As for strict Primal upgrades, this kit would do rather poorly for the price. For Apelinq, then yeah, this is a great overall kit with some minor issues.

Set contents: Replacement Ape head, replacement Bot head, right shoulder armor, 2 shoulder pads, 2 forearm pads, 2 silver forearm blades, 1 accessory holder, 2 chains, extension neck piece for stock ape head, handle for Battle Master Optimus Primal, 2 sets of feet fillers, and a Transwarp Key.
    4801.jpg

The China exclusive extras are the 2 gold arm blades. The blades have 7mm pegs, so can't use on regular figures.

Go Better released a gap filler set, however, the color matching was freakishly awful. The DNA fillers fortunately are a spot-on match.
    4802.jpg

The neck extension is the only part exclusively used for the stock ape head. It allows the head to be rotated down for upright ape mode. However, the extension piece causes 2 issues: it juts out way too far in regular ape mode and does NOT store in the chest. The Apelinq ape head does not have these issues with a built-in re-designed hinge system.
    4803.jpg

The forearm blades may be rotated. Tim Heada hilariously did a kit with the blades attached backwards....
    4804.jpg

The China exclusive gold blades look great.
    4811.jpg

I didn't really care for the blaster handle to use Battle Master Optimus Primal. However, it works and doesn't interfere with anything else.
    4807.jpg

The chains technically work. Unfortunately, DNA chose the SS Optimus Primal style chains, which were janky with alternating right angle movements. A simple chain would've been much, much better.
    4810.jpg

The Transwarp Key is held loosely and is able to split into 2. The accessory holder is jank and don't bother using, mainly for one reason...
    4808.jpg

The peg is a hair oversized and will cause stress marks on the back port of Primal. It's also difficult to file down. Fixed our stress marks with a heat gun. Just avoid using the accessory storage piece.
    4809.jpg

Bot Mode:
    Overall, looks great with the new head. To remove the stock bot head, open the head up as if changing faces, rotate the head backwards, and then pull horizontally forward relative to the chest. The new head plugs in simply vertically. The right extra shoulder armor seems a bit odd but doesn't really interfere with anything to a significant degree.
    4805.jpg

Rear view.
    4806.jpg

Alt Mode:
    The neck extension piece for the stock head makes it stick out too much in regular ape mode on all fours.
    4819.jpg

This allows the ape head to be moved downward for upright ape mode but the stock head no longer stores in the chest with the extension piece. Highly not recommended to use. The replacement ape head does not use the extension piece.
    4820.jpg

The replacement Apelinq head looks a lot better. Also has a different hinged neck system that allows it to (barely) store in the chest.
    4814.jpg

The mouth is able to partially open when in upright ape mode.
    4815.jpg

The new hinged neck system in the Apelinq head allows the head to stay close to the torso when on all fours.
    4816.jpg

This is the mouth fully open. It's hard to see in this view the clear orange disc inside the mouth.
    4817.jpg

My camera had a hard time photographing the inner mouth details and the orange disc.
    4818.jpg

The gap fillers help the most for ape mode.
    4813.jpg

When transforming back, the instructions do not tell how to store the Apelinq ape head in bot mode. Arrange the neck hinge as shown and then fold head backwards.
    4812.jpg

Overall: This kit turned out quite well despite some minor issues...and if one is looking for an Apelinq conversion kit. This should not be treated or purchased to use as an Optimus Primal upgrade set. Looks great and most parts fit well too. There's 2 optional pieces that are trash and should not be used: the stock ape neck extension piece (breaks bot mode storage) and the accessories storage piece (stresses back port).

Extra:
    This is a simple LED mod. The Apelinq ape head has clear orange eyes and inner circle in mouth. The Apelinq bot head has opaque eyes. The bot head is also clear eyes but no good way to fit an LED inside.
    4821.jpg

Last edited: Jun 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 12
  19. Blackarachnia1996

Blackarachnia1996 The Red Queen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  20. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    Player land should be getting some.more stock in a few weeks (I asked when they first ran out of stock)

• Like Like x 2