General Upgrade Kits Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ziltama, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Chareos

Chareos needs new Omnibots

News Credits:
    A rainbow of fruit flavors! I just had a successful transaction with wonderfullys out of CA.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Phoebvs

Phoebvs Well-Known Member

I've purchased several items from wonderfullys. He works well and has access to the workshop producing the stuff.
    For example, those feet-only fillers for Siege Soundwave/Soundblaster (for those who have already purchased earlier versions of the set) appeared in store after I discussed with him such option and price.

mome874926 has access to the workshop as well, so you can thank me as well for green and violet fillers for ER G2 Megs :p 
    Speaking of which, I find that green is a better color match. I purchased both and ended up installing the green one.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    Thank you! I wasn't really looking forward to matching the green to paint my own.

I'll buy a set right now.

~L~

• Like Like x 1
  4. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I've seen those things and think they look lovely. If they were priced way cheaper I'd consider collecting the set because Grimlock having a rainbow of identical swords to pick from is stupid fun to me. I'm more annoyed the hand sets I've seen with the gripper (b/c I think it's actually an MP upgrade) are cheapest with yet another sword.

$41 USD? Ouch, I'm happy to preorder for TFSafari.

5. Ultra Reverb

Ultra Reverb Well-Known Astro-Creep

News Credits:
    Same - "Oh this looks pretty good, maybe I'll pick it up and - Oop! Nope!"

• Like Like x 1
  6. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Posted this over in the toy forum, but thought I'd do a rare repost and put this here to help people steer clear of this set. I got the Nonnef Grimlock set in today. I wanted this set primarily for the sword and the forearm gap covers. The color matching on the forearm flaps isn't as bad in person as I thought, maybe I got one of the lighter-colored ones. It still barely matches though. Functionally, the gap fillers work well enough, but I do feel like the way it's designed is going to put some stress on the screw because the screw is not long enough to go all the way in with the forearm covers installed. The sword is nice, though I couldn't get it to snap together completely flush and had to shave off some bits with an exacto to get it to fit together right. The teeth and the screw covers are far too dark to use. The crown doesn't work for me at all. The chest looks effective, but I like him how he is stock. From the set, I'll be using the forearm fillers and the sword...and that's it. Not worth the $20 shipped, but it'll do the trick until I get the ZX Studios set in. Slag will eventually inherit this sword when Grimlock gets the fancier ZX Studios sword, so it's not a total loss.
    Upgrade1Grimlock.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  7. wheeljackfan16

wheeljackfan16 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I just made a new kit! This one is a shoulder mounted missile launcher for Studio Series 86 Jazz.
    Shoulder Cannon For Jazz Studio Series 86 Transformers JRC DESIGN | eBay
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The kit consists of three parts: The shoulder adapter, the missile launcher, and the missile itself. All of the attachment points are 5mm, so the shoulder adapter can be used for other weapons, the missile can plug into any 5mm peg, and the launcher can be attached to any 5mm hole. Because of this, blast effects can be used as shown in the pictures. The shoulder adapter features a 5mm peg that can be used to store on the roof of the car in vehicle mode, and Jazz's existing blaster can be pegged into either side of the missile launcher. I've got this one at $4.99 right now.

• Like Like x 9
  8. RIDRuination

RIDRuination Well-Known Member

Anyone know of any POTP Abominus weapon sets? I’m actually rather fine with the base Abominus so I’m not interested in the TFDW or PE sets but a Rifle or some kind of gnarly melee weapon would really set it off.

9. wheeljackfan16

wheeljackfan16 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What kind of melee weapon did you have in mind? I've been wanting to make something for Abominus, and some kind of unique weapon might be pretty fun.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

I bought the Matrix Workshop rifle. It's a nice design, but the tolerances aren't great. The handle needs to be sanded down to fit the 5mm fist hole and the 5mm holes on the rifle need to be reamed out to accept other guns.

Matrix Workshop M08 M-08 Weapon Set for POTP Power of the Primes Abominus Combiner Upgrade Kit

11. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Next upcoming Go Better / GX kits:

Kingdom Inferno: Gap fillers set. Also adds a flip screen to his right arm.
    007n3N9sgy1gpihbene5zj30ku0p0wii.jpg 007n3N9sgy1gpihbeq90ej30ku0p00wo.jpg 007n3N9sgy1gpihbeqwhfj30ku0p0go5.jpg 007n3N9sgy1gpihbesyzaj30ku0p0afl.jpg 007n3N9sgy1gpihbetaifj30ku0p0wib.jpg 007n3N9sgy1gpihbey6hdj30ku0p0djm.jpg

Kingdom Beast Megatron gap fillers and accessories set:
    007n3N9sgy1gpih7jubtaj30ku0p0tim.jpg 007n3N9sgy1gpih7jygwxj30ku0p0k23.jpg 007n3N9sgy1gpih7jypahj30ku0p0qe5.jpg 007n3N9sgy1gpih7k0xtoj30ku0p0qe5.jpg 007n3N9sgy1gpih7k3jquj30ku0p0akd.jpg 007n3N9sgy1gpih7k5jzfj30ku0p0qd7.jpg 007n3N9sgy1gpih7k5yf4j30ku0p0guh.jpg 007n3N9sgy1gpih7k44hzj30ku0p0k0u.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  12. ZombehDino

ZombehDino Fast as a Sharkticon

These look great! Bit of a shame that the Megatron kit doesn't come with a duck because if it did, it would be the complete package. Still looks good though. Glad they're doing Inferno because I really liked their Grapple kit, and the flip-up arm panel is a nice touch. Gives me some hope that they might revisit their Wheeljack set for an Exhaust version, but then again I don't know if anyone other than me wants that lol

13. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    If only that Megatron gun could be stored.

14. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:

Couple years ago, Dr. Wu made AoE Grimlock's big hammer/mace thing in two colors: black/gray to match the studio series toy and a purple one I guess for kicks.

I grabbed the purple one specifically to give Abominus a big melee weapon because that made more sense for Abominus than a rifle.

Here's a link to one on ebay, just for reference. I dunno if the seller is legit or not:

New DR.WU DW-M16P Hammer Weapon Kits For Transform SS07 Grimlock Toy in stock | eBay

15. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Those look great

• Like Like x 2
  16. Insurgent

Insurgent The Amazing Tango Mysterio

I use the Corbot V Axe for my Abominus. Brawler like him should have a melee weapon.

That better go inferno kit looks just as good as their grapple kit. Which is good, I've been waiting on that to get released. The comm screen is a nice touch.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tally76

Tally76 Member

Sorry this is late to the party. I’ve recently got back into transformers due to my son(great excuse) and picked up CW devastator. I was wondering if anyone knows if perfect effects will be reissuing or making more of their upgrade kit with scavengers bucket and hook’s crane? Is this something that usually will happen eventually or is it one of those things when it’s gone it’s gone?

• Like Like x 2
  18. RIDRuination

RIDRuination Well-Known Member

Abominus has always struck me as more of a Club or Axe type Combiner than someone who primarily uses a Rifle, been trying to find something compatible for awhile haha.

Thanks I’ll look into that!

• Like Like x 1
  19. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Some Dr. Wu (especially early) movie based sets have handles that are not compatible with standard, closed 5mm hands, including this one. The long handle does split apart and some people have wedged the handle (rather tightly) into closed hands at the split point. One can try to file/sand lightly one segment above and below the split point for a more comfortable fit. The segments are concave, so the concave ends are what need to be sanded down for a better fit, not the middle of the segments (which are actually a little undersized). Not much material needs to come off either.

Assuming you mean PC-06 and not PC-07 (hands and weapons kit, still not that hard to find). Out of print for a while, and I haven't seen anything announced for a re-issue. The only re-issue planned atm is their Volcanicus set, which seems bizarre to do without changing it to at least color match the Takara Volcanicus set.

We got our PC-06 kit from a Malaysian store last year April after not finding any other site or eBay vendor. Took 6 weeks to get here thanks to pandemic and USPS losing the package. The package then magically appeared on our doorstep. Said site has since sold out.

Definitely a better set overall compared to the DNA Design kit.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  20. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

I was debating getting this for Abominus at one time since it seemed like a great fit theme wise, but I never ended up getting it.

Perfect Effect PE-10 KINGBAT | eBay