General Upgrade Kits Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ziltama, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I've been waiting on them to release a set for Pipes but I'll take this looks better than the foot upgrade I have now and probably isn't as flimsy

• Like Like x 1
  2. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

Just bought the Nonnef Sludge set, but that Go Better set looks great. Are they 3D printed? If so, how is their quality?

• Like Like x 3
  3. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

News Credits:
    Swan diving Sludge is funny to me, but that's a spiffy set regardless (the unfolding panels tucked into the feet are clever). I'll consider grabbing it.

Go Better basically sets the bar for finishing on painted 3D print parts AFAIK. I only have their Core Soundwave kit, but the coloured parts (while not 100% matched) are quite smooth.

• Like Like x 4
  4. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I'm not going to belabor Nonnef's issues to the ground. I'll just say any higher tier 3d printed maker will tend to have the better overall sets for the same figure.

Go Better used to be on top, but Shockwave Lab has taken that crown...at least for their non-gap fillers. Also like Go Better, they seem to have tiers in terms of surface finish. Their bigger parts tend to have the more buttery smooth finishes.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Go Better is good, but their kits tend to be significantly more expensive than Nonnef options that are also good

• Like Like x 2
  6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    But Go Better is easier to get

• Like Like x 4
  7. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    That is absolutely correct from a global standpoint.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The belly fix for Sludge supports his floppy neck root too which is a nice bonus feature to have.
    The forleg fillers are nice too, perhaps a little over fussy in the detail and maybe better suited for the shattered glass repaints. (they may one day make).

Looks Like Sludge oh mine is going to be wearing a wacky assortment of bits since this set doesn't come with screw hole covers.
    I wonder if it crossed anyone's mind that they could put a swing out hinge on the forearm fillers and put a weapon storage mouting point on it.
    Though one of those screw holes on his neck can also work for that on some accessories too.

I can see the belly filler being a must buy if Nonneff does well with their Paddles upgrade, having the belly covered would be ideal on Paddles.

You know what though = why didn't someone think to make a rifle that folds up and stores in that huge gap in his belly ? you can get a couple of cassettes in there it is such a big gap. so should be enough for a folding gun.

I also wonder why no one thought to copy the blaster's cassette that turns into his rifle a prior 3rd party toy had and give that to Kingdom Blaster.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Which is sad, because Nonnef really has some cool stuff. I got some through his UK seller at two occasions.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I tell my wife that every day, in so many words. :lol 

As for the Go Better Sludge set... I've never bought one of their sets before.. I usually stick to Nonnef... What to do what to do...

• Like Like x 6
  11. CyberDragon10K

CyberDragon10K Predacon Rising

News Credits:
    And I'm decidedly not American.
    That's also not even considering that I can't always think of $50 worth of stuff I want to grab in one go each time. At least JRC/wheeljackfan16 doesn't demand a minimum purchase amount, which is why I've actually ordered from him on a few occasions.

• Like Like x 1
  12. RoboW4rrior298

RoboW4rrior298 Maximum blast!

News Credits:
    I’d actually quite like a 3D printed blanket/shawl the kids made for him that can attach to 5mm ports or even just his sword. It’d be a nice extra wholesome accessory.

13. Boss Borot

Boss Borot A Pile of Scrap

Wow, those look good. I'm not too interested in upgrade for the other dinobots (besides the front teeth I got for Grimlock), but Sludge's big hollow belly NEEDS a set like this. The other fillers aren't too important to me, but they look good. I wish there was an option for just the feet.

14. Echowarrior

Echowarrior Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  15. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is beautiful. Nonnef's kit definitely looks good, I like its neck fillers and the gun it has, but I can't deny this set's approach to the feet is far better looking to me.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ziltama

News Credits:
    I placed a pre-order for the Go Better Sludge set, so we'll see how that goes.

koaoao, who only ships from US, has been adding various sets, including the Shockwave Lab SG Ultra Magnus fillers, the SXS sets for TFP figures, ZX Cosmos set, Go Better Ransack set, setc...
    Items for sale by koaoao | eBay

s-l500.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy The other black repaint

News Credits:
    Where’d you find it? eBay?

18. ziltama

News Credits:
    Pre-sale! Filler Replacement Foot Mask Upgrade Kit For SS86 Sludge - GO BETTER | eBay
    GO BETTER Filler Replacement Foot Mask Upgrade Kit For SS86 Sludge Pre-sale! | eBay

Sweetmall and sugargirl are the same. Sweetmall has a 6% off promotion with a 3 item purchase whereas sugargirl has a discount with 2 purchases atm.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804710641245.html

That's an Aliexpress listing but they don't have free shipping. Also, Aliexpress shipping is insanely slow (3-4 weeks...and longer) compared to eBay Orangeconnex (2-3 weeks). My last Ali package arrived in 5 weeks.

19. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn, $35 for that Sludge set but I do like how it works better than the Nonnef set. I'll have to add that to my list.

ZX Cosmos set and GoBetter Hauler set installed today.

That Cosmos set is very nerve-wracking with how the arm covers have to install with it being a VERY thin piece of plastic, but looks excellent once it's all set up. This is the best set available for Cosmos IMO.

20221029_114405.jpg

The GoBetter Hauler set is EXCELLENT. Color matching is damn near perfect, and everything fits nicely where it's supposed to. Highly recommend.

20221029_130118.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  20. Odysseyuwrf

Odysseyuwrf Well-Known Member

Go Better Studio seems to have some great upgrade kits. Whats a good place to purchase them from?

• Like Like x 2