General Upgrade Kits Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ziltama, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Matthew Haskett

Matthew Haskett Well-Known Member

For something so logical and simple to do, it’s a mystery why it hasn’t (to my knowledge) been done. Maybe there are some plans now as I’m replaying to a somewhat older post by you but I agree nonetheless.

Personally, I keep the thing in storage. Not only that, I sort of like the Netflix WFC version of the siege Megatron’s more so I’d really like to see a reason to put him away and leave out the Earthrise one.

I think this is a cool idea but it strikes me as unlikely. It seems somewhat niche and probably resource heavy.

I wonder if it’s the type of thing we might see from Hasbro, though. It’s just as unlikely for plenty of reasons but there are some thematic reasons why a Cyberverse Quintesson (known for the multiverse travel) might be seen as a marketable selects release.

Especially when you can do a Starscream version as well.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Doubledealer kit by 115 Utopia. Includes gap fillers, leg extenders, and peg repositioning adapter for the back part of the missile cannon.

For the extenders, it looks like the mushroom peg part of the knee joint is replaced by a sliding joint. No pin removal is needed. There are 3 screws holding the leg assemblies in place. When taken apart, then you can swap the knee joints.

One place has in stock so far: 115 Studio YYW-11 Upgrade DIY kit for earthrise Doubledealer | eBay
    No shipping at the moment due to Chinese New Year's, though.
    Edit: Now TFSafari

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

TFSafari added the latest various Shockwave Lab kits (new purple LED blast effect, gap fillers).

They also added on the Titans Return / Legends weapons kits from 115 Utopia for Twin Twist and Top-Spin.

• Like Like x 11
  3. Beauman

Beauman Banned

@lordcryotek
    I just got ninja'd.

This looks so much better. I'm getting that kit as soon as CNY is over.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sorry if this is a common question, but which sunstreaker spoiler set would you guys recommend? There are just so many options. I’m leaning towards the go better one tho. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  5. lordcryotek

lordcryotek M'Hael

Thanks for thinking of me! I already ordered it...
    I love Doubledealer, but lord does he need the help.

• Like Like x 3
  6. SomethingJ

SomethingJ Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I just put mine on last night. Highly recommend. The only thing is I'm not a painterly type, so I wish there was a little more color detail on the back of the car. Better fitment and clearance than the other leg flap kit available. Love the hideaway spoiler engineering too. High quality prints, lines up well, clean paint.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yoshimon7

Yoshimon7 Potion Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a good set to me. Where did you order yours if you don’t mind me asking?

• Like Like x 1
  8. SomethingJ

Instagram:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    would seriously love some new heads for the quints. even if it was just two new heads for each quint. And going with Alpha Q and the Cyberverse one makes all kinds of sense

DID ANYONE ever make gap fillers for Cyberverse RACK N RUIN ? I would really like an upgrade set done for him

10. ziltama

News Credits:
    Another Optimus Primal kit. Seen other BDT stuff on eBay and other sites. Although silver handles look better, that's not the best design choice for 3d printed parts as the paint will scuff off. However, as his hands open up, it may not be that bad, though.
    BDT Studio BDT-09 upgrade kit for Kingdom Optimus Primal,in stock

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  11. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Are the Toyhax weapons generally considered to be good for the money, or are they not worth it? I like the styling a lot more than I like a lot of the Nonnef or Matrix Workshop weapons for certain figures, like the Datsun rifles.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    I've heard they're pretty fragile overall, especially at the handles since the handles are just glued on

• Like Like x 3
  13. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    The only problem with Kingdom Primal is that there's no classic BW storage for his swords in beast mode, they look really off on top of his gorilla form. I wish someone made swords that can be hidden in beast mode.

14. ziltama

News Credits:
    See my posts above. Handles are a problem. Not just the end to end glued connection, but their overall handle system. Pegs are tapered, so it won't fit right in most proper hands (can't plug in flush). Since the pegs can be glued onto multiple positions, the bottom of the blasters are not as clean as they should be.

There's also the issue with warping. There's nothing wrong with using silicone molds (which is what I use), but there's definitely some silicone related warping issues you can't get with injection molding (diagonal or skewed warping). The two blasters we got have clear warping issues in one side of the molding causing odd looking skewed warps.

It's not all negatives. On the positive side, they do look fine without being 3d printed, although a bit on the simplistic side.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SomethingJ

Instagram:
    Just saw this on the Gram.

Screenshot_20210217-210436_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210217-210525_Instagram.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  16. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like that

17. NickKnack13

NickKnack13 Robo-Zoo Keeper

News Credits:
    Saw that earlier too, was hoping one of you guys would end up posting the link to buy here lol. Best version of the idea so far imo, and you can make the tail gun too.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Beauman

Beauman Banned

I'd like a gap filler for his gorilla head and some way to attach the back to his butt in gorilla mode.

19. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 5
  20. DarthDavlo

DarthDavlo Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    is it late to add to this thread? I literally just made an account today on tf forum so I can disucss with you guys about the possibility of an upgrade kit/add on for Earthrise Starscream that emulates the one done for Universe Starscream, you know, the cape, the crown and the shoulder armor, but also, what would you guys think of an add on that gives the Jetmode the classic missile/null ray things that he had on the cartoon? I really wish someone made a full kit with those add ons as I think it would help to sement a complete g1 chug voyager scale Starscream. Also it can have the Leader 1 head as well if that´s something people actually liked lol, would be cool to see that aplied to the Earthrise mold. And just to end my suggestion, mayve also a new head? I mean it´s kind of anoying how the toy´s head can easily chip off the paint due to it being casted in blue plastic, maybe a third party add on can give it the same head but with black plastic and a more dark face like it´s supposed to? nothing against the silver face, but it´s kinda sad that they didn´t go for the cartoon accurate gun metal grey face as Universe did.