General Upgrade Kits Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ziltama, Nov 30, 2020.

1. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:
    agabyss is a great site. i've been using these exact dry rubs for a while now and they're great. half the sheet is clear backed and half is white backed.

2. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That axe might look nice sporting a CarbotV style WFC Videogame deco comeplete with circuit lines.
    I can imagine that is the sort of weapon of which other uses will present themselves long term - but I bet it would suit Shattered Glass Optimus a treat.

-------
    I had a thought about Maketoys Meteor - and will use this image I found of one on ebay as a basis for the point which is.

He already is shown here with wing fillers - but did anyone make fillers for the other gaps I have highlighted with Ovals too ?
    (or any gaps elsewhere) ?

Has anyone tried making their own filler for this toy for these gaps ?
    make-toys-rear-view-cropped.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

The ZX kit for Galvatron is excellent! It really harmonizes with my modified version. 924AA25D-C85F-4975-A350-58BBCB26ED95.jpeg

Honestly, I didn’t have a problem with Galvatron’s stock feet, but the minute I saw this kit I couldn’t stand the sight of the original hoof-foot shape. And IMO, the add-on feet make a huge difference.

The new feet not only confer a better overall shape, but the added length really finishes the lower leg. This figure’s legs are really thick, with minimal taper. The stock feet accentuated that issue. These new, larger feet are better proportioned to Galvatron’s big thick boots, and really improve his overall silhouette by “grounding” the figure. I also like how the new foot spans the entire base of the foot, unifying the look and giving the impression of a black “sole”. I painted the new feet (and the stock “toes”) the same flat black, to unify them and match the figure’s color palette.

The added height is nice, too, especially when combined with the increased height of the new spire. The end result is a subtle lengthening out of a figure whose stock appearance was almost excessively bulky, verging on stocky.

The matrix chain is a nice little bonus. I couldn’t care less about the rifle, stickers, or peg-holes.

• Like Like x 17
  4. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    The Corbot V axe looks a lot better but is very difficult to come by these days. Even a year ago, one could still get it in various colors. Now all I see is the orange one on a3up's site.

[​IMG]

5. CactusReporter

CactusReporter Semi-Recognizable Leaker

News Credits:
    Wow, you've gotta tell me everything you did for your Galvatron, he looks perfect.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Kickass, dude. Thank you!

7. Tigatron01

Tigatron01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those hands on ebay are not the shockwave lab printed hands. They are lower quality hands with alot of QC issues.
    The better printed hands are no longer made, you can try posting them in a wantlist here to get a second hand pair.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Good to know. Speaking of hands, I picked up a pair of the Fanstyle PH-02 articulated hands for MP Prowl for my Siege Ultra Magnus but I had forgotten I have the OSKO of Siege Ultra Magnus.

Does anyone know of hands like those but just a bit bigger? The mushroom pegs are just too small to not fall out.

9. Thundercracker Blue

Thundercracker Blue Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 4
  10. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Just when I got my figure and the upgrade kit, they make a better looking one :lol  Ordered and I hope it's really better...

For SG Starscream Upgrade Kit YYW-16 Armor Weapon Accessories New Pre-sale! | eBay
    $_57.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg

Btw.: I really should use ebay.com looking for these upgrades. On my local eBay I couldn't find the tail spoilers for SG Starscream, on eBay.com I can, but only bundled with the upgrade kit I already have :/

• Like Like x 5
  11. Beauman

Beauman Banned

I hope the simple version will come back in stock. 30 bucks is steep price for an upgrade kit and he already comes with swords that I hope are compatible with this kit.

12. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I like the swords here better, more like on Cybertron Starscream

• Like Like x 1
  13. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    those weibo links never work for me, too bad as I have been really wanting to see this one

• Like Like x 3
  14. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    I'm still kicking myself over not getting more of the Combiner Wars hand/foot upgrade kits; now they're out of production and have all been snapped up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    If any third party upgrade kit makers are reading this, please, Mr. Bucket or Dr. Wu - MPM-12 Optimus weapons kit like Tactics Waistcoat Prime! My MPM-12 came with the foldable ion blaster missing, and its apparently been reported by a few others. It would be great to correct HasTak's mistake and provide a robust weapons set for this figure!

• Like Like x 2
  16. John TL

John TL Well-Known Member

I NEED that Galvatron SS86 color! It looks so much better than the Kingdom deco IMO.

• Like Like x 3
  17. optimusbee

optimusbee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone think they'll repaint the ZX Galvatron into Generations Selects colors?

18. John TL

John TL Well-Known Member

I hope so. I passed on Kingdom Galvatron for that reason.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I would guess no. ZX rarely does them. Outside of the Datsun kits, they've announced a Nemesis Primal kit which has yet to see light of day.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm wondering what the deal is with the SS Shockwave kit from DNA. It was solicited before the Scorponok stuff, and all three of those are out or coming out shortly.

• Like Like x 1