General Upgrade Kits Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ziltama, Nov 30, 2020.

1. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did anyone here get the Transform Dream Wave upgrade kit for the Takara Version of Volcanicus and if so can the new hands hold the Takara swords?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A quick add to the 115 Ultra Magnus kit, my experience is much the same as Seeaich's, in that I can flip the white Magnus's head out like normal, and a small tool will easily remove the matrix piece, in fact with mine, it's not that the matrix bit has a grip onto the blue translucent piece, I only need to use a tool to knock it loose as it's awkward to try and get my fingers in there to pull it out.

I never remove that piece anyway, I just like that it adds window detail, but this discussion made me curious as to what mine was like. I installed it nearly 2 months ago, I think, and never tried to remove it before, but have transformed the figure between all modes frequently and never had an issue flipping the head out or away.

I think a lot of these kits are a YMMV due to the nature of the fact they are 3D printed.

On another note, I finally got a chance to install the Go Better Wreck Gar kit, and I love it! the colour match of the orange is not 100% but it's close enough that when on a shelf it doesn't stand out. My little purple tv box thing fits decently in the pouch and doesn't want to fall out. The only piece I may remove are the gap fillers on the back of his arms, those gaps were never an issue for me and the fillers don't match the colours of the parts it's filling (grey instead of the parts red/brown)

• Like Like x 2
  3. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Well, there seems to be a disconnect somewhere.

A click in this situation should never happen. Doesn't matter why. It shouldn't happen.

If an add-on piece requires the use of a tool in order to allow for transformation, that's really messed up. Also, shouldn't happen.

Regardless of the port tolerances, there's not proper clearance for the head panel, period. The design should not take into account partially removing the matrix panel in order to allow the head to transform.

People reporting varying experiences is not a bad thing, but i'm not going to accept or defend bad design nor pretend it's ok doing extra things to make up for that. It's not.

I've seen and wasted so much money on various kits over the years. The matrix holder is one of the worse ones in recent memory.

• Like Like x 2
  4. wingsaber86

wingsaber86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    115 Utopia is gonna release a new upgrade kit for Generation Selects Star Convoy, featuring treads and toy-accurate rifle:

微博

0060Q1xQgy1gw4745zartj30u0140n3a.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  5. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Add something to keep that damn star in place on his chest and we're talking...

• Like Like x 4
  6. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    It (my copy) doesn't need to be removed for transformation, just for installation or removal of the Matrix, I was merely demonstrating that I do not need to bend it to remove it as you asserted.
    My standards are not as exacting for what I consider a display, rather than a play option. In fact I like the piece more for helping to better hide the head in truck cab mode to be honest, and am not likely to use it's Matrix capacity so often, if at all.
    We're now at a count of two positive results to your negative (which could, of course, easily shift the other way again if more people report their experiences), and as implied before I agree to disagree with you, you really don't have to keep reiterating your point I understand it but have a different direct experience and opinion myself from the copy I have in hand, no doubt due in some capacity to a happenstance of good luck on the QC/figure compatibility front.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

I still don't know which Star Convoy I want for my collection. I've been buying upgrades for the Selects one incase I go with it, but it feels too small. Star Convoy was a big bot. MMC Stellarus Prominon is bigger, but doesn't have a Super Megatron in the same scale like the Selects.

8. Jazzer995

Jazzer995 Member

Where did you get those arms fillers from?

9. HAL237

HAL237 Star Saber Backer #1

News Credits:
    Those seem to be the JRC Design fillers from @wheeljackfan16… I highly recommend them!

10. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    All of them.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  11. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All I have so far is the Jazz rifle, but I really like it too. Not being 3D-printed, it feels much less 'fan-made' than the Matrix Workshop kits I have, and if I didn't know better I'd probably assume it was an official accessory (at least aside from the translucent handle). I'm hoping they add back the Springer and Blurr rifles soon.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Murasame

Murasame

News Credits:
    Today I did the shoulder repair, removed the tampos using 91% alcohol soaked qtips, gave him a repro label, painted his chin and belly button with gundam markers und installed the ZX Upgrade kit. Now he looks cool. Just needs a better head and maybe better fists. And maybe complete replacement for his feet instead of shoes. I might paint the feet in matte black as well.
    IMG_20211106_165835.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  13. Robots78

Robots78 Robotanist

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

Don't tempt me

• Like Like x 1
  15. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    JRC swords were just what he needed PXL_20211106_215755105.jpg

• Like Like x 11
  16. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

NOW I'm finally sold on this guy!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. C16

C16 Space Nomad

Throw in some inserts to create a more classic looking chest with the angled windows and he'll be finished.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 3
  19. C16

C16 Space Nomad

20. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    So... I was talking about Magic Square's new Legends Prime with a friend, and he was comparing it to MP-44, and it got me thinking about how Earthrise Prime has the gas tanks for his alt mode inside his thighs, but not the little rectangle ones on his robot mode.

[​IMG]

There's plenty of deep-cut greebles on ER Prime where the tanks should be. Maybe someone (@wheeljackfan16 *nudge nudge*) could whip something up?

• Like Like x 1