General Upgrade Kits Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ziltama, Nov 30, 2020.

1. John TL

John TL Well-Known Member

Nice! I’ll get the 115 Workshop YYW-13 Kingdom UM kit from there since it’s a $1 difference compared to TFSafari, and with shipping, it all breaks even.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hm, I might be interested in these, specifically the heel support things on Godbomber.

I have the head/thigh covers/powermaster kit and bought a second hand PE Ginrai but it was missing the chest piece annoyingly, would like a print of that somehow to use the aforementioned powermaster figure. Doubt this kit would come for a piece for that purpose unless they did their own powermaster partner.

I didn't get the third PE kit as it was hard to find and I didn't like the wing upgrades but would appreciate the heel pieces from ZX kit.

I hope this opens the door for more older figures to get upgrades.

• Like Like x 3
  3. John TL

If you don’t mind me asking, how did you get Ironhide feet upgrade so flush to the roof in the alt mode? Every picture I’ve seen the gap is slightly larger on the side views than what your picture shows.

• Like Like x 3
  4. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    QC lottery with Ironhide. I did however rubber band our figure for a while to improve the alignment. This was well before we got the new feet.

• Like Like x 4
  5. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This arrived today. I'm quite impressed by it.

I'm also kinda impressed by the quality of the KOs, too - very much not the plastic I was expecting. Both the new pieces and the old pieces seem to me to be of better quality, and give a more satisfactory toy, than the actual Hasbro product, Selects Ricochet, that arrived at the same time. Oddest damned thing.

Thanks again for the link :) 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah I have the kit, used it with the netflix decepticon mirage to make a custom character. Each piece simply has a 5mm hole and they give you the 5mm tube piping for securing it which works fine. I have a pile of 5mm pegs from nonnef so I used those for a cleaner look 157174889_10157459973605672_1903248054377747037_n.jpg 156761878_10157459965040672_984798400903611464_n.jpg 157653474_10157459965110672_2178220506651703530_n.jpg 159083890_10157471551870672_3097734900296426741_n.jpg

• Like Like x 18
  7. Racer_J

Racer_J Permanently logged out . . .

I finally ordered the new Nonnef 5 mm adapters (4 of the mixed set and 1 of the 6 piece that converts a 5 mm port to dual 5 mm ports). I thin I only need 2 of the mixed sets but, I wanted to play it safe.

I also finally ordered the Siege/Earthrise Megatron feet upgrade kit. You can apparently still use the factory Earthrise gap filler (shield, WTF ever it is lol) with the feet upgrade kit if you don't mind a bit of foot kibble at the back (some tanks have junk in the trunk so imagine the heel spurs are vents and the feet are an armored engine bay). I think said kibble looks better than the Siege foot position (the toy pictures via one of sweetmall's eBay listings):

siege.jpg s-l1600.jpg external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg the-tank-museum.jpg p3Q8CN.jpg

While I was there (eBay), lol, I grabbed the Tim Hadea painted Siege Soundblaster gap filler kit since I broke down and ordered Siege Soundblaster off of Pulse last night along with a Wingfinger. I also grabbed the Shockwave Lab SL-76 upgrade kit (the one that allows the shoulder's mushroom pegs to slide back for a tape deck mode) from wonderfullys since they had US stock available.

The last Soundwave toy I bought was the original deluxe FoC version (I skipped the Siege version because I just wasn't feeling it and I didn't know about the Netflix/Walmart one) so I needed something. I'm good with Soundblaster looking completely different because, the entire "hey let's kill Soundwave then paint it black then give it a a deck that can hold two cassettes stacked against each other (which isn't even remotely how dual cassettes work) and change the name" was absurd AF. As a matter of fact, I find it so absurd that is my first Soundblaster ever. "Wait, you literally just said that you bought the adapter kit so it could turn into a tape deck." That kit also works on Siege Soundwave which I unfortunately expect to be the only mold that gets a reissue to go along with Kingdom Blaster and, that kit allows me to do things with Siege Soundblaster's arms that I wouldn't be able to until then. I'm hoping that the Decepticon cassettes get a redo in Legacy since Rumble and Frenzy look like trash compared to Eject (unfortunately Eject is translucent plastic *sigh*) because I am definitely not paying $30+ for the Frenzy (#RIBFIR) & Ratbat 2 pack . . .

• Like Like x 6
  8. Hooper_X

Hooper_X i buy characters not collectibles

Oh hey, that booster engine set looks cool as hell on Netflix Mirage.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall Whiskey Powered Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

A $15 gun makes all the difference.

20211029_212518.jpg

I got the DNA design gun for Fort Max and the DK-21 set for Skorponok's legs and bonus visor.
    *no pics of that yet*

• Like Like x 5
  10. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, who's going to make a filler kit for this?
    Dragstrip.png

Maybe it tabs in on the other side of that armature, maybe it doesn't. If it doesn't, I'd imagine that with time this part of the leg will begin to sag with too much manipulation/use. A simple, removable, filler panel would alleviate that. I'd imagine one of the makers has already assessed this issue. lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. SomethingJ

SomethingJ Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I also prefer the foot solution to factory Earthrise. I don't mind it all on Siege, but if we're emulating an Earth tank, the feet pointing off the back bugs me.

If I remember correctly, the ankles look different on this figure depending on what officially released image you're viewing, so this might be a wait and see on this one.

12. Racer_J

Racer_J Permanently logged out . . .

If you're talking about the small rectangular port (which you're probably not), it does indeed tab in to the other leg for the alt mode. If you're talking about the that large gap/notch in the engine block and the recessed groove in the piece that connects the knee to the lower leg (which is almost certainly the case), it's a mirror image on both legs:

F3020_PROD_TRA_DLX_DRAGSTRIP_0003_Online_2000SQ_2000x_web.png

It's had to believe those are anything other than a cost saving decision since there is no knee swivel which means they can only face to the front in a sumo squat while raising to the front/back while rotating on the thigh swivels and or using the hips' front/back lateral raise. No one is going to know for sure though until we finally see Menasor.

The ankles (as well as the entire lower leg) are consistent between the render, the stream, and the official stock images. They rock side to side (for articulation) and swing front to back (for transformation). The right (your left if face to face) foot/spoiler can look different than the other foot/spoiler in some pictures due to the angle but, they all have space under the ankle rocker for the tab/clip on the other foot/spoiler to connect to and that's also true for the port/tab on the inside of the lower legs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ziltama

News Credits:
    More various stuff.

Shockwave Lab Metroplex Eye
    The magnet is relatively strong.
    metroeye1.jpg

Starscream Studio Punch / Counterpunch Set
    Very disappointed in this, especially due to the price and having a 2 month turnaround time. The print quality is meh. The yellow blaster ended up worse than the black rifle. Numerous print support nubs left and multiple divots where other print supports were removed. The yellow doesn't match. The glossy paint finish really makes the print lines stand out, especially on the black rifle. The nozzles were warped and I needed to use a heat gun to fix. The pegs were oversized and had leftover extra bits of material on them. Had to file off quite a bit of plastic in order for the pegs to fit. The design is overall simplistic and seemed like they weren't designed for this figure. There's no regard for how the hands actually hold the weapons.

Seems OK in a pic like this, but...
    sss1.jpg

It's like it wasn't even designed for the figure...and the glossy finish makes the print job look much worse.
    sss2.jpg

Feite TR / LG Headmaster Cockpit Adapter for Dia-Nauts
    This is not universal and only works in some figures.

Reminds me of Professor X's chair. Dia-Naut not included. The print quality is the best I've seen since high tier Go Better stuff. No lines, no support nubs. It has the tab on the bottom to plug into cockpits, which matches the tab on the back of the Titan Master feet. However, it does not have ports like the ones on the back of the Titan Master calves.
    feite3.jpg

Some cabs also don't have enough clearance for the Dia-Naut head, unless you awkwardly lean the Dia-Naut forward and lower the head. Here, the Dia-Naut has enough clearance in Roadfire. Twin Twist did not unless the Dia-Naut was contorted. Did not fit at all in Targetmaster Hot Rod or LG Hero G2 Megatron.
    feite1.jpg

The adapter worked fine in LG Overlord and Sky Shadow, although didn't plug in for a secure connection. Same with SS Thundercracker. However, I think it ended up looking best in that figure.
    feite2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Nyarlahotep

Nyarlahotep Radicon Scourge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 7
  15. SomethingJ

SomethingJ Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I could be mistaken

16. John TL

• Like Like x 1
  17. ziltama

News Credits:
    ZX posted pics of an upcoming LG-EX Dai Atlas set: gun, shield, and sword.
    008gWHDXly1gvxqpqosmkj30zm256kif.jpg 008gWHDXly1gvxqprwrx5j32560zm1kx.jpg 008gWHDXly1gvxqpshlqyj317c0k0diu.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  18. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

Aww man, it's his IDW sword not his Z-Sword from the OVA. Between not being able to get the Shockwave Lab one anywhere and it not being very good, a new one from ZX would have been nice.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RED342

RED342 stoner sunshine

• Like Like x 2
  20. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

what is going on here in this pic? did you polish that out or is that a recast. i am asking because i don't remember the stock ones being that shiny.