General Upgrade Kits Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ziltama, Nov 30, 2020.

1. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

I got it. The fit is a bit loose but you can easilly thicken the soft connector tubes. Nice upgrade for alt mode. Not as awesome in bot mode but I still enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too bad the decals aren't pre-cut.

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    X-Acto should handle that nicely. That said, yeah, that sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hail Galvatron

News Credits:
    Okay, I like the new "boots" for Galvatron, and the spire on his back really enchances the silhouette. I already loved this figure, but little touches like that go a long way in improving him.

That said, the "boots" impede the transformation. I am not sure if there's something I'm missing, if I should be taking them off, or what I should be doing with the, here.

5. Racer_J

Racer_J Permanently logged out . . .

Did anyone ever make a rigid and better looking lightning rod for Gigawatt? I'm really not feeling the rubbery bloated/roundish one that came with it.

6. John TL

John TL Well-Known Member

Cool! Thicken? What do mean by that? How do thicken the connector tube?

7. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I was under the impression that they must be removed for transformation. Makes him a partsformer, which I don't like, but man does it work wonders for his robot mode. Those hooves he calls feet are a joke.

8. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Seems late to the LGEX God Ginrai party, but ZX is releasing a kit for him. I think I'm gonna pass since we already have the various Perfect Effect kits.

These are likely unpainted, proto pics.
    008gWHDXly1gvvaayss9bj32560zm13u.jpg 008gWHDXly1gvvab5ij67j32560zmgzh.jpg 008gWHDXly1gvvaauls3tj30zm256aoo.jpg 008gWHDXly1gvvab8qxo9j30zm256ncv.jpg 008gWHDXly1gvvab9i07nj32560zmk73.jpg 008gWHDXly1gvvab9u9yhj30nw0haq6p.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  9. Racer_J

Why would you need to remove them? They aren't in the way of anything *edit* other than the heel spurs */edit*. The only drawback is that they won't allow the kickstand to touch the ground because of the increased height since they peg onto the bottom of the feet.

photos via an eBay listing:

wuwBACyBuywyxtxwuBEDAzAyEADyCAEFwEFvPVMR.jpg mkmrqsorkomonjnmkrutqpqourtvsmpssmulFLCi.jpg

The kickstand not touching the ground is a non-issue for me because, I don't use it anyway. I don't swing the legs out of the shin/calf "shell/armor", I keep them in place to match the animation and deal with not having a visible kickstand (the toy doesn't need one to balance/pose/aim).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  10. ziltama

News Credits:
    koaoao on eBay added some more upgrade sets, including the ZX Galvatron set. They ship from US. Stuff is more expensive in general but of course you get it much faster.
    Items for sale by koaoao | eBay

• Like Like x 3
  11. Racer_J

I'm tempted to get the ZX Kingdom Galvatron set but, my brain keeps saying "compare the ZX and Go Better Studio kits for Earthrise Sunstreaker" and I can't do anything other than wait and see if Go Better Studio will do anything more refined/complex . . .

• Like Like x 3
  12. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:

looks interesting, but I already have the PE sets so I won't be getting these. I still hope that the next haslab transformers offering is a better God Ginrai

13. ziltama

News Credits:
    Scourge holding the Shockwave Lab Metroplex Eye.
    scourgeeye1.jpg

Another stand example: Kotobukiya Chara Stand. These are not meant for large or heavy figures, although one can get creative depending on the center of balance. The pegs are proper 3mm in size.

Stock picture:
    1f93a8d71358154961c43e412389fefad0da00ff.jpg

Stand holding Shattered Glass Goldbug.
    goldbugstand1.jpg

Again, not really meant for bigger figures, but in certain cases, it will hold up. Shattered Glass Starscream with add-ons.
    sgss1stand.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  14. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

I got it. The fit is a bit loose but you can easilly thicken the soft connector tubes. Nice upgrade for alt mode. Not as awesome in bot mode but I still enjoy it.
    A few coats of furniture polish, I'd imagine. That, or getting a dowel rod from home depot and cutting it to be length and then sanding it down. What can I say? I'm old-school.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I had no idea, now I do.

Just ordered my second time with them. Really nice seller, excellent communication.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Racer_J

It's unfortunate that they block the heel spurs but a cutout section would have made the black foot pieces really thin near where the plug in and, it probably would have put excess pressure on the heel spur since they are designed to work with almost the entire perimeter of the foot (other than the notch for the heel spur's "tab") being on the ground at the same time and a cutout would have been a pretty significant amount of the inside edge of the foot unable to do so.

Folding heel spurs built into the black feet pieces (which would have a hard stop against the silver plastic of the foot would have circumvented that but, they would have exacerbated the increased distance between the kickstand and the ground in the alt mode and the entire foot wouldn't be on the ground since that would require the heel spur to be as long as the foot (which would look ridiculous).

The only other option would be to sell a new front foot piece to replace the factory one. It would be a really easy swap because the entire hinged section that swings out of the shin/calf "shell/armor" and the foot are only held together by three Phillips head screws. You would be able to reuse the existing kickstand, rear part of the foot, the heel spur, and the swing out hinge assembly.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Echowarrior

Echowarrior Well-Known Member

Forgive a stupid question, but I'm wondering about something. Could the JRC gap fillers for Kingdom Shadow Panther also be used with Covert Agent Ravage? I'd assume so, given the legs are identical between the two different uses of the mold, but I'd like to confirm it with someone else.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Hail Galvatron

News Credits:
    I ended up just not using the robot mode heels. With his bigger boots, he doesn't need the heels for that extra stability. Solved all my issues. I already loved this toy, now I love it even more.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    they work on Ravage just fine, installed mine a few days ago

• Like Like x 6
  20. John TL

John TL Well-Known Member

Nice! I’ll get the 115 Workshop YYW-13 Kingdom UM kit from there since it’s a $1 difference compared to TFSafari, and with shipping, it all breaks even.

• Like Like x 1