General Upgrade Kits Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ziltama, Nov 30, 2020.

1. shunquan

shunquan ACID STORMER

News Credits:
    Thanks for the recommendation, waiting for a quote from ZenMarket now.

2. wheeljackfan16

wheeljackfan16 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well, I was able to get that done way sooner than I thought I would, so it's up on the site right now. I also got the wing swords done, so those are up right now as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Well damn, just put my order in this morning for some fillers once I saw the Shadow Panther fillers were up hahahahaha

4. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    jon-flex-tape.gif

• Like Like x 5
  5. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, sorry about that, and after I made that long post about not knowing when stuff was going to be ready too. I honestly had no idea I would have stuff ready so soon. I just randomly got the wing swords to work consistently tonight, and the Impactor claw basically worked first try. That's one of the reasons I'm hesitant to announce stuff, I literally have no idea when I'll get something working, it could be within an hour of posting something, or even a few weeks. You could always cancel your initial order and place a new one, I should have plenty of stock so they hopefully won't sell out. Combining shipping between orders doesn't really work on the main site yet, and it's gotten to the point where unless I have an automated system like I have on eBay, I can't really do it at all due to all of the orders I would have to look through.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    No worries, like you said, you didn't really have any idea when the swords would be ready, and that Impactor hook is something he's needed since the figure came out, so definitely worth it to get those

7. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    The lowering of the bar of quality should be a concern to everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  8. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

I mean this whole thread has been a money pit for me. I'm actually happy with 90% of what I got, and thanks to other people's reviews I can tell which sets are worth it and which ones to avoid.

At the end of the day, there's no argument for taste. Some folks are happy with hollow stock figures. Others won't be happy until they get just one more upgrade that'll turn an ok figure into perfection, even if the sum of all the kits is twice that of the original itself.

That's ok because I'm somewhere in the middle and SS Grimlock's looking great now and I can still pay the rent and I can stop whenever I want because don't tell me how to live my life and you're just jealous...:confused: 

:lolol 

I'm still waiting for someone to come up with an upgrade kit that'll give Armada Megs proper knees. Fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Were you making a G2 weapon pack add-on for Earthrise Optimus' black trailer?

10. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Someone needs to make G2 Ramjet upgrade parts. Make a (fake) noise box and the weird ass missiles he and Starscream had. Easy repaints if they make a G2 Starscream!

• Like Like x 4
  11. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yep, it's taking way longer than I thought it would. I released the Nemesis Roller with the cannon adapters a bit ago, but the actual trailer kit is quite a few more parts than I'm used to, so with how orders started picking up, it been hard to test new revisions of parts for it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think Larkin made one, it's something I would like to make as well, but Larkin had one ready to rock pretty quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    I'm still interested in that Roller but I was wondering if you could make one in SG colors.

14. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    How has no one made a bag full of minifigures on the cheap yet? Release them by season and faction for like $20 a bag.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hit dogs holler

And what, exactly, do you propose we do about this? Other than bitch on the internet, obviously.

Hasbro dances to the retailers' tune. If Walmart wants to sell a Deluxe for $20-ish, then Hasbro is probably locked in at what, $15-18 in costs, tops?

Once again, here's the article about how Walmart will gladly force its suppliers to lose money in order to maintain competitive pricing: The Wal-Mart You Don’t Know

16. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    I propose that we don't let Hasbro think, for any reason at all, that forcing regular size characters without a regular size toy already out into the novelty Core/Legends class is okay with us. They did it with Rung and if they think the lowest risk option of getting an obscure character they're not sure would sell is a good idea, they're going to take it. I prefer that doesn't happen, even to such a minor character like Kranix.

17. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Isn't Rung's alt mode a stick or something in the comics? I don't see much of an issue with testing the market with smaller figures, and in Rung's case especially, I thought having him be a Weaponizer was a neat way for them to get something out for him. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get some IDW stuff in Legacy, and I don't think Rung as a Weaponizer really hurts our chances or getting a proper Deluxe, if anything it might help his chances.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't Kranix supposed to be pretty small though? Or was he just downsized for the Pit of Judgement set to make it cheaper?

• Like Like x 3
  19. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    That one. There are scenes of him taking to Kup and Hot Rod in the movie. The perspective is at a high angle, but he looks to be maybe around chest-high to them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    This thread should get back on topic and discuss mini figures elsewhere.

• Like Like x 5