General Upgrade Kits Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ziltama, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    @wheeljackfan16 Would you ever consider doing something like an LSTOW accurate harpoon hand for Impactor?

Something like this
    unknown (20).png

• Like Like x 3
  2. wheeljackfan16

wheeljackfan16 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh yeah, shoot, sorry about that, I saw your message a while ago, completely slipped my mind to get back to you. I'll add it to my list!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    So, I know you've said you've got a back log of orders currently, any idea when the next batch of releases will go up? Trying to plan out my budget for upgrades and you've got several I'm aiming to get, but want to maximize my orders as best I can :p 

4. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Thats no problem man! Just keep up the great work!

5. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I hope so. It was still showing in stock when I placed my order, but then was sold out when they sent me the invoice.

6. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

That picture makes me think Kranix could have been a nifty Targetmaster figure. Maybe we can get him as a core (spaceship?) figure in Legacy somewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pcsolyar

News Credits:
    I'd buy a core class Kranix if he transformed into his alt mode they cut from the movie/used for the comic. They would have an easy retool or recolor into Arblus, too.
    The_PlanetEater_arlbus_dies_kranix_transforms.jpg efd4b22b-9b4c-4e7e-84f2-167075ff7c4d.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  8. wheeljackfan16

wheeljackfan16 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I just got caught up on orders with the main site, and eBay orders are slowing down a bit, so I should be able to catch up on those pretty soon as well. I just put the Datsun tires up on eBay, and I have the Shadow Panther fillers on both eBay and the main site now as well, I'm trying to get the Scorponok headmaster readout finalized, I had to go back and change a few things on it. Kind of wondering if it is even worth proceeding with the Waspinator blaster tip, Larkin's seems to be good for a lot of people already, and it's cheap enough that I probably wouldn't be able to go much lower than him. The Fangry leg stiffeners are giving me some trouble tolerance-wise, so I don't know when those will be done, I also have a blaster for him I'm working on as well, but the Mad Props one is already pretty cheap, and looks really good, so that might get scrapped as well. I've got to get the Nemesis Prime cannon adapters up on their own as well pretty soon, and I have to find paint for the Ark fillers, I was basically told that getting a custom color made for them would have a pretty long lead time, since they are also having supply issues like everyone else at the moment, and that they couldn't guarantee that the color would even be close, and that I would have to pay up front for 20 spools of it, which is already like $560 before tax. I would do it if I knew for sure the color would match, but it seems like that's not going to work out. I'm also having trouble with the BW Skywarp blades, I might have to do those in resin too, my problem is with the surface finish. If I'm going to be able to do more resin and paint stuff for the kits, I also have to get something set up by winter, we have a garage, but it doesn't have heat, so I'm going to need to take some time and get that connected to our furnace, as well as get electricity run and insulation up. It gets pretty cold here in Wisconsin, and resin really doesn't like cold temperatures. I'm hoping with Pulsecon happening this weekend, sales will slow down a bit on account of people buying stuff on Pulse, so I might be able to get started on that at least. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a better handle on my production process once I get moved out into the garage, I'm working in a pretty small room right now, and I'm all but out of space for more printers or storage for kits. Basically, everything is up in the air, and if you want something like the Datsun wheels, you might want to try and get them sooner than later, because there is a chance I won't be able to make any more come wintertime. I'm also actually pretty nervous about the new Legacy line, I struggled a lot to make stuff for the Beast Wars figures because of their different aesthetic and more "natural" shapes, and I'm worried about how I'm going to adapt with Legacy doing different stuff within the same wave. If you look at a lot of my kits compared to others, mine are always a bit more bland, I like to think I'm better at actually designing kits to work within the limits of 3D printing while still being relatively durable and cheap, but I'm more of an engineer than an artist, and detail is always something I've struggled with. TLDR, Everything is kind of up in the air about when it will release, and I've got lots to do to get ready for winter

• Like Like x 8
  9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Glad to hear things are getting to a more manageable pace. For Legacy, I wouldn't be too concerned, least not till they show some stuff off. Based on a lot of the rumors most of the stuff is going to be in the more G1 aesthetic than their original source designs. Also, definitely good luck getting your garage set up, my Grandparents used to live in upstate NY so I definitely know how cold it gets up north.

10. Pcsolyar

News Credits:
    Supposedly AK11055 paint is a 99% color match for the yellow on the Ark at the section the fillers go if you need to go the paint route.
    AK11055.jpg AK11055.png EQUIVALENCES-55.jpg

11. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:

Why are people so obsessed with stuffing characters into tiny size classes they don't belong in?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pcsolyar

News Credits:
    Why are people so obsessed with what other people buy?

• Like Like x 8
  13. Beauman

Beauman Banned

wHy mY sHouLdeRs HuRT?

• Like Like x 3
  14. Boss Borot

Boss Borot A Pile of Scrap

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is anyone making microfigures like the ones with the Ark and reformatting Galvatron? I'd love to have a full crew for the Ark, and looks like Galvatron only comes with movie characters that wouldn't really fit thematically.
    (would figures that tiny even work on a filament printer? Feels like the details would be too fine)

15. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just a note to say that the Past tense of Cast is also 'Cast' ; Not 'Casted'. (in polite conversation terms at least - don't look that up on Urban Dictionary)

Also the obvious reason someone would want anyone in the smaller size is to use them with the citybots usually - but in the case of Arblus and Kranix the idea would be I am guessing one involving feeding them to Unicron or The Sharkticons at some point. Though yeah the scale would be a bit weird. There is a few left over Impossible Toys one if you are lucky - I have those and they work nicely enough as a position filler and the teeny tiny figures from the Pit of Judgement are a thing too I suppose.

---

So is Studio Series Thrust's after market guns movie accurate or just made up ones ?

16. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    You can e-mail Mandarake and ask. The only place I still see in stock is Moon Base, which I believe you would need a proxy buyer.

17. Phoebvs

Phoebvs Well-Known Member

Because it goes towards or against selfish biases?
    Sorry, if your question was rhetorical.

But back on the topic: really liking the Go Better SS'86 Wreck-Gar kit (except the sticker part).
    IMG_20211020_004318.jpg
    Really wish they did Cordon & Spin-Out.

Also, installation instructions, most notably the chest part:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  18. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  19. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes I can agree with that - My Wreck Gar is sporting the same - along with a new Exhaust Pipe and rifle - the colour match and fit is really pretty good. I guess some might like the other upper leg filers - but they are fine for my purposes.

20. Pcsolyar

News Credits:
    I found a purchasing agent for a reasonable price this afternoon. Buying through ZenMarket it's $34.74 after discount. From Mandarake it would have been $38.50. ZenMarket gives a ¥300 discount for your first purchase.

I used the shipping calculator for the ZenMarket cost, so it may be a bit off from what they actually end up charging me. I got an invoice from Mandarake for the Dark-ism Lockdown head with the actual shipping cost from them so that number should be accurate.