General Upgrade Kits Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ziltama, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    s-l400 (3).jpg

They sure did!

Link to eBay here.

~L~

• Like Like x 2
  2. Phoebvs

Phoebvs Well-Known Member

Can confirm, works great.
    NB: They are painted/made from the same mold, thus each have an unused piece or two due to Ratchet and Ironhide molds difference.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    How is the quality of more recent Matrix Workshop sets? I swore off them a while ago after getting multiple kits with fitting issues and the subpar print quality. The last one I tried was the Roller Jetpack for ER OP, which didn't work at all out the box due to oversized peg and undersized ports.

Talked to Sweetmall after getting some bad QC sets with the clear Grimlock pieces and the 2 left feet from the Tim Heada Core Soundwave set. Getting a discount coupon. Didn't even ask for a new pair of feet and getting a new set.

Also asked about the Go Better Nemesis Primal set and due for release in about a week.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  4. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

I'm very interested in this. Any chance it will get some more detail though? Looks a bit bland as is right now.

5. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    Yep, the set I installed onto my Ratchet is perfect.

I'm a little bit confused about which pieces you say are unused. All 11 pieces fit onto my Ratchet.

~L~

6. wheeljackfan16

wheeljackfan16 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh yeah, definitely. This is just a functional prototype at the moment, I've not added any details just yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lockdown91

Lockdown91 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got the new Galvatron rifle this week, and fully expected to have to modify the handle to fit his hand but thought I'd test first and to my surprise it fit no issues, about as well as any other 5mm peg should. There's also an option in cannon mode to plug the top of the rifle underneath into Galvatron's chest, though doing this loses the pegging in ability of the Matrix chain as it uses the same port. No biggie for me though.

I also got the Matrix Workshop Bruticus back cannons and had to mod the handles on those, though I believe they are an older model?

I got Tim Heada's TR Blitzwing sword and gun and had to sand down the gun handle to fit into Blitzwing's hand but looks very nice afterwards, attempted to plug in the sword but would have had to take off all the paint to make use of it, I bought it for the gun though as I use the T30's Sword for my TR Blitzwing.

• Like Like x 3
  8. autobot prowl

autobot prowl Well-Known Member

Great! I'm definitely in on this!

9. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will you be making a full G2 Megatron accessory kit for this, then? Because he needs the cannon, the sight attachment (I think that's what that thing is) and his blaster rifle. Don't get me wrong, your shoulder piece works wonders and I love it, but he doesn't feel very G2 to me out of the box. (HASBRO! *shakes fist*)

10. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

so to recap we now have
    1. tim heada
    2. dr. wu
    3. dna designs

all redoing the arms for MPM 12. option 1 is 3d printed i think. i assume 2 and 3 will be molded plastic. option 3 also includes a head upgrade too.

11. ziltama

News Credits:
    Just 2. Tim Heada and Dr. Wu is a collab.

• Like Like x 1
  12. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, search light is going to be a thing for sure, and I'm planning on a blaster as well. I just want to get everything functional before I start adding stuff. That's also why the cannon has no detail yet, is because I want to get the missile storage working before I go too crazy.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mardroid

Mardroid Well-Known Member

Yeah, I bought mine a short while ago, not realising they were doing a black version. I actually removed the jet pack, partly due to the colour clash, although I’m not keen on the partsforming aspect of that either. I figured his fold up flap (that sounds wrong!) was good enough.

Being a smaller piece connected to his grey chest (rather than beng surrounded by black like the jet pack) I find the grey chest filler fine….but I think the black one might suit him better. Not enough to double dip though.

14. ziltama

News Credits:
    There's always hobby spray paint.

I ordered a set for Nemesis Primal.

Edit:
    @wheeljackfan16 Do you have Fangry? He has looser knees compared to Grotusque due to having thinner thighs that don't touch the inner sides of the pink lower leg pieces. I had an idea that thigh gap fillers would fix that problem if they create friction.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  15. wheeljackfan16

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    No, not quite yet, but I do have a Twinferno, so I would at least be able to get a sort of start on something before I can get one. I just wonder what's taking so long for this stuff to show up online already. You can pick it up in store, but the nearest one that had a set is almost an hour away from me. I basically only got Origins Bee because I was in town for a Dr's appointment and checked the target nearby, and just got lucky.

16. ziltama

News Credits:
    Ah, ok. Grotusque and Inferno have the same leg assemblies. The inner thighs touch the lower leg assemblies. Fangry's only difference is having new thighs, which also have a very different hollowed out pattern and the inner thighs do not touch the lower legs.

17. hedcase1

hedcase1 Well-Known Member

@wheeljackfan16 any plans on printing some of those cliff jumper spoiler/wings or are they only available as a file? I have an order built but wanted to ask before I check out :) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dremen_Solo

Dremen_Solo Well-Known Member

Well the thing with the folding up flap has sculpted detail for a jetpack underneath it so it was definitely intended to represent his Prime Jets.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I'm still holding out hope for Go Better to take a swing at 'em.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Kilowog

Kilowog ORA ORA ORA

Ebay:
    What do you think the odds are of anyone making a repro of the Matrix bandolier for the the wfc megatron mold that came with the spoiler kit

• Like Like x 2