General Rant Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Capirus, Oct 27, 2019.

1. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette RIKO CHAN LASER BEAMMMMM!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    All of the social media talk here kinda reminds me of my stance on things such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc....... while they could be useful, I don't see the need to needing to post everything in your life and how "awesome your life is on social media every single time.

The only thing that I'm really doing with my Instagram is just posts some random stuffs about my very boring Univrsity student life when I'm in the mood, and even then, I don't see the point of posting everything that's going on my life like how I'm finally acquired Siege Jetfire or whatever new toys that I have bought on social media as there's greater things going on with my life like my university assignments or cooking dinner for my family; I just simply don't have any more time to waste on getting "Likes" on FB or Instagram when those "Likes" didn't really matter IRL.

• Like Like x 3
  2. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO **WHiNiNG.FOOLS.BE.GONE.!.!!!**

@YellowCorvette What's funny to me is when Ppl post on Social Media they're on Vacation and when they get back from Vacation their house has been ransacked and they wonder "Oh how did this happen.!?" LOL.
    This generation cracks me up.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    It's also annoying when people start airing their "dirty laundry" on social media. It's just stupid. The world doesn't need to know about whatever personal drama is going down with you and a family member or friend or whatever. I can understand posting something short and tactful as a rant when shit's going south, but out and out calling others out on social media or name dropping your boss and place of employment and then wondering why they fired you for talking shit about them on whatever social platform you're on is stupid.

• Like Like x 4
  4. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette RIKO CHAN LASER BEAMMMMM!!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Yeah, for some reason some people just wants to post everything that's going on in their life mundane or not on social media without think twice of wherever if they really need to post it. It's like those rich kids that always posting about themselves with their Lamborghinis or Ferraris for literally every single day without any self-awareness, as if they're bragging about how awesome tiehr life was and yours aren't.

I get it that your life is awesome and you're rich, but you don't need to reminding everyone about that everyday on social media. It's just stupid.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    It's basically narcissism and the seeking of validation from others. It's like I mentioned in my previous post. Instead of just living life, people seek that instant gratification and/or validation from totally random strangers and friends on social media. To these folks, it gives them a false sense of purpose (but a purpose none-the-less). It's addicting, and there's been psychological studies about it. I broke away from social media years ago. I found life much more enjoyable and productive ever since, and I haven't looked back.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    This is exactly why I never delved any further into that quicksand than dealing with people I know irl and family. And even than my interaction with anyone on Facebook is very very limited. That and this website is about the only social stuff I do online.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Sixwing

Sixwing Another mug in a red jumpsuit

People like that bug the crap out of me. Yet another reason why I avoid social media.

• Like Like x 3
  8. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

^^^This post makes me wonder if the world would be better off without websites like Facebook, Twitter, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sylent

Sylent Haslab Unicron: 8,000+ backers - 0 days remaining

I never understood that mentality, personally- just regurgitate every singular thought on your mind on social media. Some things just need to be kept private, like Hospital visits. It might just be me, but I would never "check into" a Hospital. It's almost like begging for sympathy likes.

I have friends who post daily about everything little incident that's going on in their lives, big or small. At some point, people probably tune out... and liking your own posts is a cardinal sin.

• Like Like x 4
  10. FiVE1ZERO

Speaking of that I knew this one girl who posted on Social media her cousins funeral which in a way really upset me. I let her know "Yo do you have no F'N respect for your cousin.??" Her reply:"it's a way to express to the world what I'm feeling/goin thru." She actually posted a series of "Glamor Shots" of her in the Church and a couple of her with her head on the coffin and shit. IMHO she did it for Likes as she's hella thirsty for attention and shit. I think that was the day Social Media started to get under my skin.

• Like Like x 3
  11. GoLion

GoLion 誰がおならをした

News Credits:
    I wasn't ever that bad, but I was definitely one of those guys that did the 'check in' thing. What was it called 4 square? Super cringe.

12. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Look a doggo! How c00t! He thinks he's an avatar!

News Credits:

HRES A VIDEO CALLING THIS SUBREDDIT OUT ON ITS BS!!! no mister cue this story is not that much of an exaggeration, if anything it's to f**king nice!

• Like Like x 3
  13. sideswipe3

sideswipe3 Well-Known Member

Maybe it is one of those Florida deals but sometimes I come across these grown women that act like highschoolers. I know grown men can act highschoolers to. But I have mostly had encounters with women of this type. I have never liked them lucky for me these are only rare encounters. For those curious, the reason I don't like ladies that act like this is that I find it creepy one woman I knew was 40 but acted like she was a 17 cheerleader or something always hanging around young girls or boys and even making fun of people younger than her. Overall her behavior was just strange to me I have met others who act like her.

Also not trying to be sexist or anything with this post these are just women who I have come across in the world I know all women don't act this and these are only rare encounters most women I know are normal acting. Again I do live in Florida so maybe that is why

• Like Like x 2
  14. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    As a fellow Floridian I can assure you that we just have weird people in this state and the weirdness type seems to shift depending on your region here in Florida.

• Like Like x 4
  15. FiVE1ZERO

@Laser_Optimus Stupid question but isn't that where most Americans go to retire?? I remember always hearing that in my Teens.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    There is actually a large retirement community here in certain regions. It's also a huge vacation and snowbird destination. Then you have a huge LGBTQ community down in South Beach and Miami probably has the largest Spanish community in Florida and there's a huge southern population (ie: not exactly rednecks just downhome southern types) in more rural areas like Lutz and in the major cities you have a lot of your college educated individuals with regular jobs and of course the Seminol Tribe has a huge plot of land too... lots of different types of folk depending on what part of Florida you're in.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Honorbound

Honorbound The Working Hermit

Yep. The Villages in Central Florida is one of the largest, if not the largest, retirement community in the world.

• Like Like x 4
  18. galvatran

galvatran Well-Known Member

Where are the loose women?

• Like Like x 3
  19. FiVE1ZERO

Does this pretty much sum up Florida's retirement community.???

Hahahah

• Like Like x 1
  20. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    ...everywhere...

• Like Like x 4