General Rant Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Capirus, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    Take it from me (and pretty much everyone else here) that diploma is meaningless. Its just a piece of paper. Physically having it won't change anything. I've been out of school for 11 years and I can't even tell you where my diploma is. Because not one single potential employer has ever asked to see it.

Receiving your diploma won't make this any better. Take comfort in the fact you actually graduated, because that's as good as graduating gets.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Darn it, all the rain is probably drowning the remaining seeds I planted...and I'm feeling too lazy today to get to setting up my indoor greenhouse to sprout more. Hope the tomato and cauliflower buddies have sufficient drainage, too.

--Moony

• Like Like x 1
  3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I am morbidly curious to find out why...

• Like Like x 1
  4. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me! Studio Trigger for Transformers!

To those members who think high school graduation experience is the “end all” of your school life and that your life will be horrid if denied the experience, I have one thing to say.

Grow. Up.

Just because you don’t walk down the aisle to get your diploma doesn’t mean you are going to have a horrid life. All it is is a ceremony that is thrown for kids so they can feel like they have an achievement. It’s more for the benefit of the adults than the graduating class.

I went through my own high school graduation ceremony. I personally hated it. It was outdoors in hot weather with temps in excess of 90 degrees with high humidity. Most of us were wearing hot gowns and were sweating like pigs. I think most of the graduates were miserable actually.

So yeah, personally, with the high schools closed with this virus going around, virtually holding the ceremony for graduation is the best way to go about it, and another benefit: no stuffy gowns on a hot sweltering day.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My sophomore year started 2 months late because of a hurricane so some of my highschool time was taken off, then during my 2nd semester we had to go to trailers because the school is old and they wanted to rebuild it so we went to trailer with no auditorium no gym no track no field small ass cafeteria very crowded, i felt like i was in a private smart school
    My friend got killed around that time so that was depressing at the time but thats just life i guess
    Worst part about the trailers is that the school is going to be finished right after i graduate, really spent my last years of school in trailers lol
    Then my friend got arrested for buying a mic for a headset and he was holding someones pills, so he abandoned me until the next school year he was the only friend i had in a few classes, the funny thing that happened that year was when
    Also side rant, im Hispanic and speak spanish very fluently but how the fuck did my nonhispanic spanish teacher fucking fail me? Punkass teacher made me stress alot at the end of my junior year
    Anyways on my junior year they changed the time of the school so i got out of school later now it messed my whole schedule but nothing really happened on my junior year
    Each year they robbed our lunch schedule, on my freshman year we had 1 hour lunch and everyone from each grade level had lunch, sophomore was 45 minutes and now was 2 lunch i didnt have classes with my friends so lunch was when i met but i couldnt meet up with some because he had 2 lunches, junior was 40 and senior they changed to 30 minutes, everyone got soo mad they wanted to walkout and protest and the principal changed the schedule to give us 5 extra minutes
    And well we already know why senior year was ruined it, i was supposed to get an offperiod but they didnt want to so they just extended one of my classes, its so fucking stupid
    Offtopic i just remembered that there was a walkout for a guy that was getting deported but every media was reporting that he was getting deported for being bullied but what actually happened was that he knocked out a girl infront of school, shows how trustworthy the media really is

• Like Like x 2
  6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:

Okay, so you had adverse years in high school. Either that, or my definition of "robbed" is totally wrong. When a kid from the school near ours went to prison for shooting a police officer, I'd say HIS high school years got stolen, but only by his own stupidity. I can't really think of any situation short of a foreign kidnapping that could truly "rob" someone of their high school years. ESPECIALLY since a GED is a thing.

• Like Like x 4
  7. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

I don't want to grow up. I wanna be a Toys 'R' Us k-
    ...oh...
    ...right...
    :cry 

Back to thread: I didn't really care much of the ceremony. I didn't have friends in my graduation class so there wasn't much applause from them when my name was called but I did hear the invited lower classmates chanting my name so I did The Rock pose. Those are real friends.

So now I know my mom is trying, and failing, to play mind games with me. I've haven't spoken with her since May 1st until yesterday after my dad asked to speak to her for his sake. I told him only for you.

She starts speaking like she's an angelic mother of the fucking year asking how I am?
    (Monotone) Fine.
    She asks what am I doing?
    (Monotone) watching a movie.
    What movie?
    (Monotone) Pirates of the Caribbean.
    That sounds stupid but whatever.
    CLICK on my part.

She's such a terrible fucking liar. She has the first 3 movies on Blu-ray that she bought herself.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  8. YellowCorvette

YellowCorvette Average Core Gundam enjoyer

News Credits:
    Not really sure if this is really a rant or not, but for someone who's really into hobby, toys and collectibles this was one of the most bizarre (or baffling, depending on what you think) experiences I've ever had as a customer.

I'm really into Gundam model kits, and for some reason I really want to look for High Grade kits from less popular sentries like Gundam AGE. There's this one time where I visited a Gunpla hobby store during an study field-trip, and despite the location isn't really known for having massive, hobby stores like in KL there are quite a selection of various kits and figures, from vintage 1990s Gundam Wing kits, P-Bandai, High Grades, to massive 1/60 Perfect Grades and 1/48 Mega Size kits; When I initially went into the store to find if there's anything that I'll be interested in, the store owner actually didn't mind me and even greeted me with a "Welcome", letting me looking for whatever I'll be interested in..... this is until I founded something I'm interested with.

At there, I managed to find myself a HG AGE kit that has never be reissued for a long time already (This one right here) that I have some slight interest of getting. As soon as I wanted to take the kit for payment and the owner realize what I'm interested with, the owner acts very bizarrely suddenly. The owner asked me "Are you sure this is what you want?" or "Want to look for something else?" a few times repeatedly, all of which I answered "Yes"; The owner still keeps on questioning me, to the point of even I was getting a bit nervous; I was getting so nervous that I decided to put the HG Farsia back, get myself a HGUC Guntank instead, pay the money as soon as possible, get the F*** out and never look back again. I still has a bit of fun building my HGUC Guntank, but looking back right now I'm not sure if this is the best decision I could've done.

Looking back, it's like the owner think my taste is just bizarre and unexpected. Wherever or not if that's what the owner was actually thinking, this is still one of the more memorable moments I've ever had collecting Gunpla; For better or worse.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I suspect he might have been trying to get you to go for a bigger more expensive kit.

• Like Like x 3
  10. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    If that's actually the case, that'll be probably one of the better reasons that I could think; Of course I would like to support local independent Gunpla stores, but as I'm still a student in the middle of a study field-trip and my money is limited at that time, buying something bigger like a USD 100 Perfect grade won't be a wise option. Plus, the HG Farsia that I encountered then wasn't exactly that cheap, it's something like around USD 20-25 for a 1/144 scale kit.

If the owner is just thinking that I have weird taste for picking a HG AGE kit of all things, I can't completely blame him as Gundam AGE wasn't exactly that well regarded as a series. :eek: 

11. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    If I recall, the Farsia was that pink MS with the flower funnel weapons so it's possible he thought it was a girly MS (which only shows he never saw AGE S1 given what happens with that MS) and you're a dude and, well, it explains itself doesn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  12. YellowCorvette

News Credits:
    Consider how unpopular AGE was as a series, I wont be suprised if that's the case. You also has a point of the more feminine pink look of the kit will makes anyone who want to buy it looks weird. :p 

I never see another HG Farsia in-person after that however, and maybe I should've just went "Screw It" and buy it when I have the chance.

13. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Just when I get my life turned around this damn pandemic screwed everything up. I’ve been on temporary layoff since the end of March, and today I just found out that I’m being permanently laid off. I knew my now former employer wasn’t doing well financially because they expanded too much too quickly, but I still expected to have a job since I worked in our most stable office in North America. Everything was going right for me before all of this shit. I had my own apartment in a nice small town. I was within short driving distance of my hometown and several major cities like New York and Philadelphia. I have a newer car. It is convenient that I can at least move back in with my parents, but I loved being on my own (especially since there is no cell service at my parents‘ house and the Internet is slow too). I hate being on unemployment too. It feels like mooching. With the way things are going in Pennsylvania and a lot of other states due to the length of these lockdowns, I have no idea when I’ll get another job. A friend of mine just graduated college, and he had a job that he was about to start that also ended up being terminated.

14. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I know from (indirect, adjacent) experience that that can actually be quite the motivation. Although it's fortunately never been something that's affected me, it did affect my dad. When I was a teenager (early 90's) he was made redundant. He hated the idea of claiming from the state (he was very much of the "earn your keep" mindset). Although he did claim what was appropriate for the career level he was at, he took on short term jobs he didn't like just so he wasn't claiming for too long. Fortunately, he did find another job he was happy in which ultimately led to another career he enjoyed until retirement.

I'm aware this is only second-hand experience, under different circumstances, but hopefully there's enough in there to offer some level of positivity.

15. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Dumb rant
    I didnt get the gamestop overwatch 4 pack because they only accept card now, Damn i was looking forward all week oh well who even shops at gamestop anymore so theyll probably have still

16. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Not only do I have chronic pain in my pelvis and right leg, now I got a pain in my neck. I can't turn it. It's like having a neck brace without the neck brace.

Mentally I'm feeling better than a few days ago.

17. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I'm honestly sick and tired of my local Gamestop, they never have sh*t anymore. Other GameStops from what I heard on Reddit have clearanced out the Batman vs TMNT sets to 15 but ours still wants 50 for each. Their memorial sale was a joke, couldn't find any Funkos worth buying and there was only one Hasbro product I wanted so I couldn't do the buy one get one 50% off.

Meanwhile my rant... f*ck this heat. I work at Walmart and it is mandatory we wear masks, no big deal right? I mean besides the fact that they irritate my skin so I have to wear a bandanna which is the only mask like thing I can wear comfortably. But I mean this heat just makes EVERYTHING so much worse. Part of my job is unloading the trucks that come in, that backroom is always nearing 90 degrees and we have to keep wearing these masks. I can't not wear it I've already gotten written up by my supervisor for it and if they catch me again I get coached and if I get coached one more time I'm fired... at least till June. I'm tired thanks to the heat draining me from all the heavy lifting I have to do and the constant moving I have to do to stock the shelves. I feel nauseas, today alone I went through six bottles of water alone. I've gone to them so many times trying to find some way of making this all work out but they refuse to do anything or try to find some way of making this work. I'm tired of the hot weather and I'm tired of always being sweaty. I wish it was spring all year round, a nice cool breeze could do right about now. The only time I can cool off is when I get home and take an ice cold shower.

18. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Do you have to wear an actual mask? I haven't worked retail since 2017 so I don't know what the requirements are, but the three times I've been out of the house in the past two months, I just wore a pirate bandanna done up "Old West Bank Robber Style".

19. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    We can wear a bandanna, that's what I've been wearing. Sadly the heat leaves me sweating so badly its hard to keep it on my face and so I'm left in uncomfortable pain by putting my neck and back in a way that keeps it on.

20. Autobot Burnout

News Credits:
    Tie it tight and use a clothespin to hold it taught.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.