General Rant Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Capirus, Oct 27, 2019.

1. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

I didn't got to my Junior prom and couldn't find a date to my Senior one so my sister hooked me up with a girl from church named Dusti. Dusti Rhoades. I will never forget that. Gotta love small town America...

• Like Like x 1
  2. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Nah, the best and most underutilized scholarship out there is available to anyone who wants to try and earn it - the G.I. Bill. Don't want to go to college? No worries, you can use it for other stuff too.

But, unless you go to a tech school, you are going to need some type of education to do anything other than an entry level job for the rest of your life. Tech school, college, military. Something.

• Like Like x 1
  3. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Yeah, the tribalism is severe. Most schools also don't have uniforms, which leads to more individuality, but also makes it easier for students to separate themselves along class lines. Not sure if it's changed since I was in school, but nobody wanted to hang out with the poor kids, like my entire personal worth was dictated by whether or not there was a triangle on my asscheek that said "Guess" or whatever was the hot ticket clothing was.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Shakespearean Saurian

Shakespearean Saurian Momentary Maximal

Neighbors and loud music. Enough said ....

• Like Like x 4
  5. Eric

Eric Dreadnought of Floof

News Credits:
    I'm pissed off that the Max & Erma's that's five minutes away from me has closed down permanently, no doubt due to the Coronavirus. :cry  I really liked their burgers.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Reading this is giving me flashbacks of a shitty apartment i lived in
    The place was full of loud people they played music 24/7 on their shitty speakers and the place had paper thin walls, there was times where these little fucking punks threw pinecones and rocks at our windows and broke them, another time the next door neighbor shot through the wall and my dad was on the other side of the wall and almost hit him then my dad talked to them and they have the nerve to say that it was a fucking firework and the management sided with them, i also hated the fucking punk kids they always hanged out in our front porch and be fucking loud and play soccer and every single fucking day they would hit the windows with the goddamn soccer ball its was soo loud i would be sleeping and that fucking sound would wake me up multiple damn times they even destroyed a local parks grass because they would play soccer on it daily, some nights i would hear gunshots from the parking lot and would wake me up but i cant guarantee one thing and thats the neighbors are fucking bums, they would go to the parking lot and party and leave their bottles in them cracked and uncracked it was so bad that management had to put a sign that they would be fined if they didnt pick up after themselves and guess what? They still didnt fucking pick up after themselves because theyre fucking bums they would leave condoms on the floor and would literally shit on the floor and leave bottles of piss

7. Minibots

Minibots The New Order.

I honestly think having one island in Animal Crossing per Switch is incredibly fucking stupid. I understand that two profiles can both play on the same island but the second person has extreme limits to what they can do and it being somewhat doable still isn’t a valid excuse. The decision to only being able to have one island per Switch can’t be in any way justified. Not only would someone have to buy another copy of the game... they would have to buy another fucking Switch! The restriction is so unnecessary it’s baffling. The second person can’t even fully experience the game and trying to have an island with two people who want to fully experience the game is a very tiresome and annoying thing to do. It’s a very daunting process. Never in my life have I played a game from Nintendo where only one save file for a game exists per system.

8. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

STOP!....TO MUCH PAIN....AND ANGER....

• Like Like x 2
  9. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO COOL.FLEX.BRO....

That's the worst when it's a Mom & Pops shop that closes down for whatever. Around my area 4 M&P's restaurants closed down and there's no other restaurant that can replace their food and charm. Also really sucks when you dont know and go and see it's closed down.

• Like Like x 2
  10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    That's starting to cover more jobs than people think. Tuition at my university is almost triple what it was when I went. And jobs, well, entry level software jobs, if you can find them, actually pay _less_ now. Of course, most of the "development" jobs now are configuring (as in "install this and go to the settings screen") very expensive Indian shovelware to kindof sortof almost approximate what you want to do and then regularly clean up the garbled data.

My rant is that I just had to listen to upper management wring their hands, again, over not knowing how something works or how to find out. It's like every meeting with those clowns is nothing but another chorus of the screenshot below. Layers upon layers of people with fancy IT titles that wouldn't know how to power on their PCs if their secretary called in sick.
    ccle328l1iq21.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Shakespearean Saurian

My neighbors are seriously the most inconsiderate, self absorbed, oblivious people I’ve had the displeasure to know, plus they lack ANY common sense

• Like Like x 2
  12. Scarlet knight

My neighbors have been worse then that.

• Like Like x 2
  13. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Join communist pack?

News Credits:
    Care to tell?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shakespearean Saurian

I can only imagine. I want to move to the middle of nowhere, where there’s no people .

• Like Like x 2
  15. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

As long as they are playing some metal, I wouldn't mind.

16. Prime77

Prime77 My sanity has social distanced itself. TFW2005 Supporter

I’d like that too, but my wife won’t let me. I hate living in a big city area.

• Like Like x 1
  17. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO COOL.FLEX.BRO....

Im so blessed to have two obnoxious neighbors across the street from me. From the new neighbor who moved across the street that always throws parties and leave red cups around afterwards to the very toxic family that lives 4 houses away from that neighbor who always argues out loud @ each other. The teenages are a mess too as the dipshit always speeds in his POS Mustang and also argues out loud disregarding the time which happens @ 3am before.
    Yes Cops have paid these 2 neighbors a couple of visits and seems like they can't do anything. So Blessed;) 

18. Scarlet knight

Remind me in the morning.

• Like Like x 1
  19. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Join communist pack?

News Credits:
    Sure thing comrade.

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    As far as shitty neighbors go... I've got a real couple of nut jobs that live across the hall. They let their poor dog run loose without a leash all the time... which I don't blame the dog for since he's a sweetheart. The crazy chick is constantly on her phone outside yelling at people on the other end over shit... recently I heard her talking about being pissed because this other company wouldn't hire her because she apparently punched out her former boss at another job. Then she and her husband are constantly getting into huge arguments and slamming doors and yelling at the top of their lungs... and over dumb shit. Like their dog, their kids (more on them in a minute), her being a psychopath, etc. The husband is currently in jail because he got in an argument with the upstairs neighbor and decided that taking his baseball bat to the other guy's car and smashing his windows and blowing out his tires with a knife was a great way to handle shit... upstairs neighbor got it all on his phone and now the guy's in jail for the next couple of months from what I've heard.

The kids... holy crap the kids... I feel bad for them because it's obvious that their parents don't care about them any more than their dog. The youngest is very autistic, but they don't keep an eye on him and let him do whatever he wants. Just two days ago when my wife and I brought our groceries in from the car... kid walks right in our house while we were going back and forth to the car. The mom didn't even realize he was missing and acted like it wasn't a big deal that he had just walked right in our house. I know the kid doesn't know any better because he's autistic, but it's insane that his mom doesn't keep a closer eye on him. And apparently we're not the only people in the apartment building that this has happened to. Then there's the other son that's my daughter's age who goes to school with her... and he constantly bangs on the front door or windows to get attention. He'll bang on the front door until someone opens it and when we tell him that my daughter can't come out to play (one I don't like him because he's a little trouble maker and two right now it's just not happening with what's going on), then he'll bang on our windows trying to get at our cats... one time I actually had to call the cops and the complex because he swung a big ass branch at our window and broke the window trying to get the cat (thankfully the cat wasn't hurt). Cops actually dealt with him and his psycho mom and the complex apparently charged them for the window after reading the police report (originally they tried to charge us) so now we're public enemy number one to them because we called the police on their precious and "made up stories" about him and cost them money they couldn't afford, blah blah. Then there's the oldest daughter who is basically a giant bully to the rest of the kids in the complex and is made because my son won't have anything to do with her. She tried to bully him at school when she found out he was ftm trans, but that backfired on her because nobody likes her and my son has a lot of friends there. Go figure. I feel bad for the kids honestly, but I've tried to be nice and what not and they're not receptive to anyone helping them while they're in their current situation

Given that the husband is in jail and the crazy lady is out of work we probably won't have to deal with them much longer. Also, child services recently were around asking questions about the kids and how they're treated so the kids might get taken away from those nuts too. Which could possibly be the best thing for them I think.

• Like Like x 9