General Rant Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Capirus, Oct 27, 2019.

1. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

On topic to the thread:

I've been taking my meds for my mental health for 10 years now combined with meditation and for the most part it's been making life happy.

But once this year started, I've been feeling miserable. Not just from the pandemic but from my mom and sister being complete assholes to me and my dad and myself being concerned about my dad's health.

It just causes me so much mental pain that hurts my body and even worse pain in my pelvic bone area and my right leg. My head gives off a burning sensation like the fires of hell were cursed on me.

I sometimes wish that someone or something just make it all end but I can't give that pain to my dad and I got my 3 nephews and my youngest sister to worry about and my grandma. She has lost her youngest son and 2 grandsons. I don't want to be the 3rd grandson.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

Such as...?

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot *º*Hockey mom and coach*º*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Sad man, don't off yourself. You don't get another chance. It's hard to ignore the dumb people when you live with them. Just go in your room put your headphones on, do your thing.

I also came here to give an unhappy ending to my bike saga, remember May 11th when I ordered the bike from amazon? It was the last one in stock, $20. It went to the warehouse in CA. And never moved. It might be lost or gone, or stolen now. I bet they don't hide what's in the box. I never been to redlands, CA. But, I googled and can't find any reason the package would be delayed this much. No one else seems to have that problem. I'm still holding out hope it will show up. Daughter's birthday is in 2 weeks, so hope it shows.

4. MetalRyde

I live with my dad. My mom has her own house that my sister lives with and my youngest sister and her sons live further away. When my mom and sister come over, they cause nothing but trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Droppin' Space Colonies

A restraining order, perhaps?

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot *º*Hockey mom and coach*º*

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You aren't a little shrimp, I've seen pics of you here on the forum, don't let them push you around or make fun of you. Ignore them, don't respond to them, put your headphones on, go to your room, lock your door. If they don't live with you I don't see why you need to interact with them. They try to get smart with you, laugh at them and remove yourself from the situation. Just walk away, don't let them feel powerful by knowing they can hurt you. You have to take that power away from them.

• Like Like x 4
  7. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I get pretty decent insurance at work but I'm fortunate enough to rarely have to use it.

But also, my job fucking sucks and I would rather I had NOT dropped out of college and gotten a degree instead.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Update on my prom
    Not attending it and watching family guy
    They were livestreaming it on youtube but they got hit with a copyright strike
    They disabled chat and my friend sent me the reason why they did
    Capture+_2020-05-22-22-11-44.png

• Like Like x 1
  9. MetalRyde

Sometimes a job you dislike is better than no job at all.

What the fuuuu?

10. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi why do we have to fight all the time?

News Credits:
    Are high schools in the US really that awful? Sucks to hear that dude.

11. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

I didn't got to my Junior prom and couldn't find a date to my Senior one so my sister hooked me up with a girl from church named Dusti. Dusti Rhoades. I will never forget that. Gotta love small town America...

• Like Like x 1
  12. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Nah, the best and most underutilized scholarship out there is available to anyone who wants to try and earn it - the G.I. Bill. Don't want to go to college? No worries, you can use it for other stuff too.

But, unless you go to a tech school, you are going to need some type of education to do anything other than an entry level job for the rest of your life. Tech school, college, military. Something.

• Like Like x 1
  13. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Yeah, the tribalism is severe. Most schools also don't have uniforms, which leads to more individuality, but also makes it easier for students to separate themselves along class lines. Not sure if it's changed since I was in school, but nobody wanted to hang out with the poor kids, like my entire personal worth was dictated by whether or not there was a triangle on my asscheek that said "Guess" or whatever was the hot ticket clothing was.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Shakespearean Saurian

Shakespearean Saurian Momentary Maximal

Neighbors and loud music. Enough said ....

• Like Like x 4
  15. Eric

Eric Dreadnought of Floof

News Credits:
    I'm pissed off that the Max & Erma's that's five minutes away from me has closed down permanently, no doubt due to the Coronavirus. :cry  I really liked their burgers.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Reading this is giving me flashbacks of a shitty apartment i lived in
    The place was full of loud people they played music 24/7 on their shitty speakers and the place had paper thin walls, there was times where these little fucking punks threw pinecones and rocks at our windows and broke them, another time the next door neighbor shot through the wall and my dad was on the other side of the wall and almost hit him then my dad talked to them and they have the nerve to say that it was a fucking firework and the management sided with them, i also hated the fucking punk kids they always hanged out in our front porch and be fucking loud and play soccer and every single fucking day they would hit the windows with the goddamn soccer ball its was soo loud i would be sleeping and that fucking sound would wake me up multiple damn times they even destroyed a local parks grass because they would play soccer on it daily, some nights i would hear gunshots from the parking lot and would wake me up but i cant guarantee one thing and thats the neighbors are fucking bums, they would go to the parking lot and party and leave their bottles in them cracked and uncracked it was so bad that management had to put a sign that they would be fined if they didnt pick up after themselves and guess what? They still didnt fucking pick up after themselves because theyre fucking bums they would leave condoms on the floor and would literally shit on the floor and leave bottles of piss

17. Minibots

Minibots The New Order.

I honestly think having one island in Animal Crossing per Switch is incredibly fucking stupid. I understand that two profiles can both play on the same island but the second person has extreme limits to what they can do and it being somewhat doable still isn’t a valid excuse. The decision to only being able to have one island per Switch can’t be in any way justified. Not only would someone have to buy another copy of the game... they would have to buy another fucking Switch! The restriction is so unnecessary it’s baffling. The second person can’t even fully experience the game and trying to have an island with two people who want to fully experience the game is a very tiresome and annoying thing to do. It’s a very daunting process. Never in my life have I played a game from Nintendo where only one save file for a game exists per system.

18. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

News Credits:
    STOP!....TO MUCH PAIN....AND ANGER....

• Like Like x 2
  19. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO YF-21 Enthusiast.!

That's the worst when it's a Mom & Pops shop that closes down for whatever. Around my area 4 M&P's restaurants closed down and there's no other restaurant that can replace their food and charm. Also really sucks when you dont know and go and see it's closed down.

• Like Like x 2
  20. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    That's starting to cover more jobs than people think. Tuition at my university is almost triple what it was when I went. And jobs, well, entry level software jobs, if you can find them, actually pay _less_ now. Of course, most of the "development" jobs now are configuring (as in "install this and go to the settings screen") very expensive Indian shovelware to kindof sortof almost approximate what you want to do and then regularly clean up the garbled data.

My rant is that I just had to listen to upper management wring their hands, again, over not knowing how something works or how to find out. It's like every meeting with those clowns is nothing but another chorus of the screenshot below. Layers upon layers of people with fancy IT titles that wouldn't know how to power on their PCs if their secretary called in sick.
    ccle328l1iq21.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1