General Rant Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Capirus, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    GODDDAMN IT :mad: :mad: :mad: 
    20200809_224952.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

"Let's update" like that makes it sound like it's a group activity they're trying to push on some kids TV show. "OK, kids... let's update!", possibly accompanied by some whacky dance move, sound effect and flashing coloured background :) 

• Like Like x 3
  3. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    3.33% rarity rate. Mr. Mime, I honestly wish, after about 30 tries since yesterday, I could say these two words to you when I get you:

Fuck you :")
    Screenshot (443).png

Update: So I switched to another recipe because the one above was digging too deeply into my stockpile of Honey. The percentage rate is still the same. 3.33 percent, the Special-type Mulligan stew. It's got a bigger variety of Pokemon than just Psychic types.

Along the way I found 2 Ghastlys, 2 Tangelas, 2 Magmars, a Snorlax, a Tauros, and a Dratini, but still no fucking Mr. Mime!

Update #2: Fucking yes!
    Screenshot_20200812-183129_Pokmon Quest.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Slaskia

Slaskia Well-Known Member

Dad, I know you are likely doing this out of concern/desire to help me with my cat tree project...but please...don't come outside when I'm working on in unless I specifically ask for help!

Lately it's like he has a 'sixth sense': I barely get started and he is out there with me (well, we do have a camera system that covers the house, so it's more likely saw me out there on the monitor, but still....). He's hard of hearing, right in the tone range my voice is in, so getting him to understand what I am saying is a chore in a normal situation...let alone when I'm working with power tools.

• Like Like x 2
  5. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Anyone who micromanaged. At all. Like the above, I'd like to finish a task without the person who set me on the task swooping in to take over or screw up my pattern/rhythm/process. Doubly so for people not even involved in or affected by the project.

• Like Like x 4
  6. loof

loof hungry AND thirsty for plastic

Do you really need to bomb a product with bad reviews just because it isn't available to you yet?

• Like Like x 7
  7. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Along those same lines, people that rate stuff before it is available to purchase (that shit is real bad with video games) and people who give bad ratings to products based off shipping issues ..man EFF those people!

• Like Like x 8
  8. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Shopping sites shouldn't let you review stuff unless your posting it from an account that has at a bare minimum actually purchased it and had it shipped.

Steam has pretty much the only user rating system that is worth a shit for games because not only does it do that, but it tells you how long they played it for, indicates if opinion has changed over time with changes to the title and warns when something is being review bombed.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    People have done that with Godzilla vs Kong. WHYYYYY?!?!?

• Like Like x 3
  10. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

I rather detest how much nerd/fandom culture has exploded into the mainstream. There seems to be so much basing of one’s entire identity on the things they’re a fan of nowadays. I think we should put a little less weight on the importance of things we like.

CB8E8B3F-BB5C-48BA-8BB4-E40D868EA75A.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  11. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Along these lines. . .

I like to cook. So sometimes I'll browse the cooking sites for recipes or at least ideas to base my own recipes on. The reviews on those sites make me want to punch babies in the throat.

Look, moron, recipes exist for people that aren't capable of making creative kitchen decisions. Clearly, you aren't capable, so follow that shit to the letter and try again.

Seriously? You can't substitute olive oil for eggs ya dip-shit.

*THROWS COMPUTER ACROSS ROOM*

• Like Like x 7
  12. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    MEME2020-08-02-02-10-32.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  13. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

So, I have this guy at the job.

He came several months after me. I helped him, showed him around, covered for him when he did his bs at the start.

And all he did was trying to outshine me. I dont give a fuck about these things. I dont need to compensate for anything, and I dont work
    to build a career. I work because I want to have enough disposable income to cover my necessities and hobbies.
    At first I even laughed at the guy. So up he goes and when I make a mistake, he goes to the boss and starts shoveling dirt. The likes of: 'Pilot is not good at the job, he always is anxious etc etc'.....

OFC I learned about that, but I let it slide, because I am not an @sshole and I dont care, after all my job shows.

So today...or rather 5 days ago: He starts a project and I had to finish it today.

Upon implementing the finisher, I find-out that certain actions that had to be done prior to the projects start were not done.
    I spent 4 hours trying to find out what the heck he did or did not and to patch things up (hopefully). In the end IDK if the patch up will hold, because it was a matter of timing. The entire teams face might be compromised if my fix doesnt work.

So when the supervisor came to call why the project was delaying all I said was

-"There has been an oversight and I needed to iron it out so, so and so"
    -"Who started the project"
    -"No idea whose shift it was (lie on my part I knew exactly who it was"
    -"Ok I know it was x" Hangs the phone"

So technically, I DIDNT say anything to the supervisor. Yet I feel like shit. Even though I know the other guy is an @sshole....
    I could have said that the project was delayed due to work pilling up. BUT if that was the way I rolled, in the case the fix didnt hold up, the team wouldnt have known anything when the client came storming in....

I am really confused...

• Like Like x 5
  14. BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751

BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751 Well-Known Member

The outrageous price or seige omega supreme on amazon it has doubled and tripled the price on its site vs. HAS-BLOW MSRP PRICE! This virus pandemic BS is screwed us all

• Like Like x 2
  15. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I LOVE how Ebay always manages to send me a 5% cashback offer a day or two after I have made several large dollar purchases :rolleyes: :mad: 

• Like Like x 5
  16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    When it comes to holding up the rest of the team on a project, simply trying to protect the guy doesn't help anyone. It's basically workplace natural selection, honestly.

• Like Like x 5
  17. WEEGEE

WEEGEE Cringe memer

News Credits:
    Yeah I'd let him fry, for your sake and the companies sake.

• Like Like x 4
  18. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

Well in the end I didnt.

I guess its some unfounded belief in the good core of humanity, that I know that doesnt exist, that makes me think of these things....

19. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

There's truth there. People shouldn't be afraid to have a wide variety of interests and skills. Personally, I'm interested in things outside of fandom. I like carpentry, metalworking, fishing, and boating, among other things. This quote sums it up nicely, I think: IMG_7223.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  20. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

It means that the dude's act already failed since your boss knew who's responsible. Don't feel bad about it, he brought it upon himself. It also means that you can blanket ignore the guy... All he's doing is making it look as if he was covering up his own deficiency.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.