General Rant Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Capirus, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    My company, in their infinite wisdom, has decided that instead of using one of the many people working on a project, whose job should have been updating the documentation because they actually understand the program in full...is to drag me off of what I usually do (Quality Assurance) and have me do the documentation.

Even though I don't know jack shit about the project.

I feel like its wasting more time with me having to ask people on the team to explain what is and isn't still relevant to the project, then it would by simply having these guys do the documentation themselves and not have somebody from outside doing it for them because they already have all the answers.

Like, fuck, they completely changed the naming convention of all the key parts and DIDN'T update the documentation right then and there.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I second that statement. When my wife and I moved, we purchased a bunch of furniture, several dressers, cabinets, entertainment center, etc. and their moving company pulled the same stunt, the difference being there was no pandemic at the time. They were just inept and grossly negligent. As a result, we cancelled the entire order and demanded a refund. Those bastards FORCED us to go back into the store to get refunded "because of the amount charged." We were told that since it was over $1000, they couldn't do it over the phone. I was livid! The IKEA was not close to our home, so we had to drive 30 miles AND pay a bridge toll to get there, which they did not reimburse. When we got there, they gave us a hard time because there was a computer error on their part, so the refund they tried to give us was incorrect. Even worse, the lady was incredibly rude and acted like the refund was coming out of her pocket. Bitch.

Fuck IKEA's customer service and the horse they rode here on from Germany.

My other rant for the day is about Amazon. Without any authorization by me, they started charging my credit card account for "Prime" out of the blue. I had to call and sit on hold with a rep while they investigated. In April, someone, probably someone at Amazon, made a change to my account so that I receive Prime, but I hadn't made an Amazon purchase in over 6 months. April is 3 months ago. I asked the rep how this could happen, but he was clueless and had to launch an investigation. The rep said that "someone probably got a hold of your account to make this change," but it makes ZERO sense for "someone" to sign me up for Prime when they're getting no benefit from it. Ultimately, I will get my credit refunded for the last 4 months of $14 charges, but the fact that I had to waste time doing this really ticks me off... and who the hell would do something like this?!?

Also, Hulu. Every now and then, they will log me out of my account, which is incredibly annoying, because I will have to log back in. I have Roku, so it's a pain in the ass to log in using that damn remote, but this time, I was somehow locked out of my account. I called customer service and was told that my email address was changed. WTF? How?!? My email and passwords are incredibly unique, so someone had to go to a great deal of trouble to do this. I had to straighten this out for another 40 minute phone session. At least the rep was really nice.

• Like Like x 3
  3. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Tumblr:
    IKEA came from Sweden.

• Like Like x 3
  4. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

I think you guys/gals will be even more pissed off when your Ikea Furniture starts falling apart. Last year it was my Bed frame and this year it's my Dresser as "Railing/Track mechanism" gave out and pulled out a nice chunk of the High Quality Particle board/Ply wood;) 

5. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Which ironically, was one of the few countries in Europe not to be occupied by Germany during WWII.

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    The only thing worth buying from Ikea is detolfs.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

So you know what really pisses me off?

I'm kind of obsessive compulsive. Got a bit of a germophobe thing going and I'm definitely on the spectrum. I get it's a problem and it's not healthy and it's something I'm working on.
    Naturally living in a house with four other people and several pets that just kind go wherever and do whatever they want, there are a lot of things that kind of set me off sometimes. I'd like it if my family at least tried to be a little considerate, but they're not - if something sets me off and I freak out about it, you know what response I get? "Get over it." "You need to stop." "Calm down." Over and over again, and they act like that helps. NEWS FLASH, IT DOESN'T! I just - I just hate feeling like my problems aren't taken seriously. The worst part is, when I need to vent, you know what I'm told?

"I don't care."

Three goddamn words that piss me off so much, that just instantly tell me, my problems don't matter. The things that set me off don't matter. I shouldn't have these problems and should just shut up and stop having these problems. They act like I don't have this conversation with myself everyday, that of anyone I'm the most critical of my actions and the way I respond to things.

But no. They don't need to consider my issues. They don't care. I just need to stop having these problems and stop inconveniencing them with my mental issues.

And then they wonder why I blow up the way I do.

Couldn't have anything to do with bottling everything up because I don't expect to be taken seriously, so I have a lot repressed frustration that kind of bubbles up when something really sets me off. Nope, definitely not. Couldn't be the reason at all.

• Like Like x 3
  8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Our July shutdown was extended to two week, with the second week classified as a temporary lay off which entitled us to unemployment for said week. I went through the process and filed only to find out that Unemployment apparently coded it as a regularly scheduled shutdown, denying everyone from our plant benefits. They're working the problem but there's a real possibility that I may lose an entire week of income over someone either misunderstanding the situation or willfully trying to screw people over to save a few bucks.

• Like Like x 3
  9. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi woke among sussy soyjak

News Credits:
    School has been a fucking disaster. It's currenty around 2 PM where I live. I've spent an hour waiting for my homeroom teacher to grant access for a Flipgrid project that's due today for 4 PM. Graded or not? I'm not sure since my teacher always sounds totally clueless in every Zoom meeting we have. But he seems to talk like it's compulsory so I'll just have to do it somehow. It doesn’t work if I don’t record my video in-app.

10. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Oh boy, turns out that a combo between too much caffeine, forgetting to take your pills and maybe a bit of dehydration (it's so hot outside) gives you a pretty funky feeling! I'm very unfocused and jittery. Just had a big glass of water finally took my pills I was supposed to take this morning like 8 hours ago. Currently using this weirdly energized state to clean my room for the first time since moving into this apartment about a month ago. It's gotten pretty chaotic in here, but I've been working almost every day of the week lately. Finally had a few days off in a row though, so I've got time and motivation

• Like Like x 3
  11. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    Uhhhh, I've got a lot of stressors I just need to vent about, this may help me cope:
    • Turning 16 - My 16th birthday is the 28th and it has been getting to me for may reasons. Ignoring existentialism, which believes me, I cry myself to sleep thinking about sometimes (I've had this problem since 3rd grade), I also have an insane amount of pressure my parents are putting on for me to pass my NY road test. The problem with that is I have had almost no time to study for it this month because of...
    • Schoolwork - So I decided to take a College class over the summer, that has actually been very peaceful and I'm doing well. The problem comes in when I still have a little over a month to read The House of 7 Gables and The Hobbit, and I still have 3 more weeks of college. It isn't me trying to procrastinate, its that for my college class alone has about 250 pages of reading to do, along with assignments and quizzes to do. I also could barely get a head start because the fireworks tent I help run for the two weeks of summer (Normally quite till the last few days; how I get a good chunk of toy money) was an udder shitshow this year and not worth the $300 I got for all the shit my friend's asshole Grandma put me through. I told her I'm never working for her again.
    • Running - Running is a sport I love and I train for XC year-round while doing the other running seasons. Not only did I get my Freshmen Outdoor season yanked away from me, but It also looks like I'll be getting a bastardization of my favorite sports season, XC. I have been training the last 3 years to get my 5K down to a sub 20, and my mile time to a 6 flat. Before I couldn't see anyone (pre-COVID), I had a mile time of 6:18, and a 5k time of 22:01. Now Imagine my mental state doing a hard 5k at home (i never stopped training during COVID) and I do a 30 minute 5k, Something I haven't done in 2 years. I have this hell of a mental block that I've spent all summer breaking down to the point of a 27:21. That is a FUCKING JOKE in competitive high school and has really beat me down mentally.
    • Isolation - Unlike most people my generation, I am very extroverted and thrive on face to face human interactions. I'll give you 3 guesses on what COVID has been doing to me. I've been trying to get and hang out with my school group of friends for interaction, but then I realized something, I can't stand my friends. One of them was a mistake, I made friends with him between a mutual friend (who left my school and I haven't talked to in months). After I mutually broke up with my first girlfriend (sat next to each other in math) he was an absolute creep towards her which pissed me off because my ex (We were and still are on good terms) hated his approaches, I almost beat the shit out of him before my ex told him off. We are loose "friends". Another male friend is depressed and has MPI. He is a basket case but actually the most tolerable. One of my female friends has anger issues (which causes her to lash out at people) and can either be your best friend or a bitch. My finale female friend I've had to watch go from a competent, brilliant young woman with a black belt to an anxiety-ridden shell of a human who looks sickly and can't even catch a stray punch in a mock fight against someone with no training (Being me, all I have is sharp reflexes) all over her wanting to sleep with another girl who is dating a guy. My only true friend, We both consider each other our best friend is hard to contact sometimes and doesn't go to the same school as me. TL;DR, An Extrovert with no one to talk to.
    • Politics - I know Rule 3 so I'm not going into detail, only why it stresses me. Two things; 1. The current state of the world is an utter mess and has me really depressed. 2. I (Center-right) am constantly shit talked behind my back by my two female friends for my beliefs despite the fact I have always treated their Communist opinions with courtesy and respect while they try to actively get people to have a lesser opinion of me. That's why I don't use social media outside of TFW.
    • Toys - I don't know why, but I feel a bit of a bummer. I think it was a really botched Siege megs custom that I'm Rethinking a lot. No getting out of the game, but since I am getting into a few other lines, I'm gonna start cutting down my TF collection ALOT in the very near future.
    I think I'm having this mental and emotional slump because I usually keep to my self about my emotions and I definitely try to help other people get up a lot more than I may help myself with my own demons, I just hope they don't consume me.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I know it's hard man. Me as an introvert, I'm kinda ok with everything, but I understand venting helps. I'd reach out to ya, but I can't PM ya :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  13. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    Haha! Venting does help a lot:D 

14. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Oh yes it does. I've had conversations with folks...and it's been...kinda enlightening how people out there are starting to "change." And I'll leave it at that. If you want to vent in more specifics, just drop me a line. I'd be willing to hear ya out.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    I think I got it all out, but thanks anyway, man! I may take you up on that officer another time.

• Like Like x 2
  16. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

A thousand thoughts are racing through my brain.

I've helped my dad from his doctor's appointment last week, explaining to his doc what my father feels everyday where my sister failed to do.

Everything was ok but apparently my sister decided this morning to insult me on how I'm a stupid loser for having no friends, no job, don't have my own place and no girlfriend. My dad told her to shut the fuck up. She knows my life hasn't been good since my mental breakdown almost 20 years ago but her words echoed in my head. My dad told me she is just upset of her own failers but it got me thinking. I hid my emotions so my dad would think I'm ok. But I'm been feeling angry and depressed, so much so that I self-harmed myself by smashing my hand repeatedly on the brick wall outside my house. I don't think anything is broken. I'm trying not to seem like the stereotypical "forever alone" shtick that people joke about on the interwebs. But what else can I do? This is how I feel. It's real shitty emotion I'm feeling through with voices in my head are telling me to suck it up, seek help, loser, tell your dad, fat crybaby bitch.

I don't want to tell any of this because he has his own problems.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Emergency Food Connoisseur

News Credits:
    Personally, I would tell him.

• Like Like x 5
  18. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me! Studio Trigger for Transformers!

Okay, I will just repeat what I have said before. Let your emotions towards your older sister flow and snap back at her. Show how much she has hurt you and just don’t hold back. And when you are done, just tell her if she insults you ONE MORE TIME the next time she comes over, she is NOT going to stay and that she will just be shown the door and expected to leave.

Tell your dad how you feel as well as well. It isn’t good to keep it inside, and personally, the whole “You are a man, suck it up because men don’t cry” shtick is stupid and does more harm to men than good, smashing your hand on a brick wall over and over again being a good example.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Bottling it up won't help and despite your dad's problems, it sounds like he's firmly on your side. Honestly, I'd say tell him - it sounds like he himself is about done with your sister's bullshit and she seems to only be going after you simply because you're an easy target (not your fault). Worst case scenario is I'd suggest getting a restraining order which would legally ensure your sister can not come anywhere near you without facing trouble she most likely does not want to deal with. Best case scenario is your dad makes it a living hell whenever she's over that she ultimately fucks off and cuts all communication. Sounds like you wouldn't be losing anything of worth if she just cut you out of her life.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

Venting is good. If you need someone to talk too, I'd be happy to fill in. You're not alone.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.