General Rant Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Capirus, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Street sweeping.

Hate. I just hate.

• Like Like x 1
  2. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO **[email protected]!!**

Another week,Another eBay rant:
    I have a set of Funko Pops for sale and I keep getting morons asking "Hey can you Separate/Break up the set as I only want 1 character.?" and mind you they only want 1 particular one as its going for top dollar @ the moment. I said "Sorry no,Sold as a set only." Then he makes me an offer thinking I'll bite ($40:D ) and I just totally ignore his ass.
    Fast forward today,same moron but "OH LORD!" He now offers me $50 and it ain't even close to what I've been seeing this Pop sell for. He even tried to give me some sad story lol. So I message him back (shouldn't have) "Look! There are other Sellers that selling this Pop by itself,why don't you ask them.!?" And he replies back "Screw you Scalper,Go F'yourself.!"

My last reply back was "Sorry we couldn't work out a deal bc you're a F'N moron! Maybe I'll put this item up for $50 but block you;) "

(And NO,I'm not lowering the price but I'm living rent free in his head:D )

• Like Like x 2
  3. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Got whiskey down the wrong pipe. Quite possibly the second worst thing I've ever felt, behind the time I got seven warts chemically burned off my foot

• Like Like x 1
  4. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

Sip the whiskey.

When I first started drinking whiskey, I took it slow. Now I drink straight out the bottle.

I've seen it in too many TV and movies how you drink a shot quickly and I've seen too many unable to take it and choke.

What brand of whiskey was it?

5. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

Anyone who has read my posts know how much I care and love my dad and the last 3 years medically has been absolute hell.

He is 82 years old, he has been doing hard labor since he was 14 years old, he has been sliced and shot in the spine by some jealous asshole because my dad was dating the most beautiful girl in the city. He is not paralyzed but for 66 years, the bullet has been lodged in his vertebrae. No doctor will touch it.

Navy veteran and was in Vietnam for 2 years, shot at, nearly blown to bits and left with hearing lost in his right ear.

Moved to Oklahoma in 1980, met and married my mom (who claims he ruined her life), assaulted by a bitch who was jealous of my mom so she stuck my dad's hand in the gears of machineries of a hotel's laundry room. He has suffered an insane amount of injuries in the last 35 years and has had 33 intense surgeries, one of which he was dead for 6 minutes but came back on his own.

He and I nearly died in a car crash, he had broken ribs, a few small cuts on his hands and a fracture on his cranium that thankful didn't leak blood on to his brain, a pancreatic cancer scare, the death of our dog Mojo that my dad would say is his grandson, a massive stroke and a more milder stroke 3 months later, diagnosed with Osteoarthritis EVERYWHERE!

so many doctor visits, he would tell my sister to translate what he feels on his body but she doesn't tell everything he said to the doc so he doesn't get the right medication. In January he finally told a different doctor himself of what his symptoms are. For a year the other doctor prescribed him 60 pills that he takes 1 every 8 hours but were not strong enough and too little given because it was enough for 20 days and could not get more until a total of 30 days has passed. THAT is how he got his stroke! The fucking pain he goes through everything day and night. He barely gets 4 hours of sleep at night.

Since January, he was giving 120 pills to take 1 every 6 hours. The increased quantity helps a bit but the dosage is still weak for him and my sister is still not explaining to the doc what my dad feels. She says she knows best for him which I say bullshit because when she comes over to "spend time and help my dad" does shit, she just sits her fat ass on a chair that is about to break cause of her weight, stuffing herself with a large little ceaser pizza and complaints about her weight and knee pain. Yells at my dad to shut up when he wants to chat with her because she is oh so busy texting on Twitter and can not concentrate. Both her and my mom continue to tell my dad that I'm lazy and don't do anything to help. That is when my dad blew his top yelling at both of them of their stupidity and selfishness and how I drop anything I'm doing to help him in anything. I cook his food, I ready his meds, he can dress his shirt and pants on but I help with his shoes. I place my shower chair for him to use in the shower.

I take out the trash, he instructs me on what to do to tune up the car. I unfortunately can't mow the lawn because on my leg injury but a good friend of my dad mows for us and my dad will advise him if it is too hot outside to mow and come back another day.

I love spending time with my dad everyday. Watching movies, watching a TV court show on Telemundo called Caso Cerrado (Case Closed), his favorite games to play are Duckhunt, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles and Shadow of the Colossus. I love listening to events he experienced in his life and since he is 82; Ancient Wisdom.

He has a doctor's appointment this Friday and he insists I go with him to explain the doc what I witness everyday, no matter how much my sister bitchiest and moans.

I do have my youngest sister but he has a family of her own so my dad doesn't bother her too much but she insists to ask for anything after work and she'll bring her 3 sons over.

• Like Like x 2
  6. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

The NES mini meltdown was one of the funniest things I've seen on here in recent years. So many people who apparently didn't care enough about NES games to have acquired and played them again at any point during the previous 30 years, yet were suddenly so desperate for them that they felt the need to martyr themselves on the internet as if Nintendo had ruined their entire lives.

Special credit to the people that were personally affronted at them apparently prioritising Switch production instead, because it would totally make sense for them to cater to people that wanted to give them $80 for a low margin product and never come back at the expense of turning their core business around and paying their bills for the next 10 years.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TF rocks

TF rocks Try and stop me!

I am going to say this flat out: good on your dad for losing his temper with your one sister and mother. And if you go with to the doctor, it may knock said sister off her high horse even more since she is probably endangering your father medically by not telling the doctor everything he is going through. I hope the doctor gives her such a reaming she is humbled.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Scarlet knight

Scarlet knight Leader of the Scarlet empire

News Credits:
    You definitely should go and tell him everything.

9. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

It was Crater Lake whiskey, a local brand. They also make some great vodkas with unique flavors, like hatch chili or northwest berries. I was sipping actually, was at a tasting room. Unfortunately it somehow went horribly wrong. Fun experience overall though, ended up buying a bottle of my favorite of the things I sampled, the Rock and Rye. Great for sipping, smooth a bit sweet but not too sweet. I'd recommend giving it a try!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
  10. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Comes out day after Thanksgiving, I think.

11. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    I meant the movie. Sorry for not clarifying.

12. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

This is comparatively a minor gripe, but I'm kinda narked waiting for stuff from Japan, which seems to currently be my lot in life.. It had allegedly left Japan on the 2nd of July, but nothing has happened since.. Damnit!

13. Smokeyoreo18

Smokeyoreo18 Drank two juice boxes today

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    My cat loves getting pet on his back and occasionally on his head but hates it when I pet him on his stomach but then mid way while we’re playing he turns around and lies on his back 675BFB82-C887-4827-9670-191A5ED1C152.jpeg and expects me to pet him on his back

• Like Like x 4
  14. Dachande

Dachande Pleasure Toast Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I usually don't rant, but Hyundai Finance has me miffed.
    I sent a check to pay off my car on 6/25, then got paranoid about the possibility of the monthly payment being late and sent that as well (online).

Got a call today seeking a payment because I was supposedly two months behind! I've been building my credit up after some serious mishaps after my divorce, and all of a sudden they say I'm late!

Needless to say, an angry call to customer service that was transfered to claims solved the issue. They admitted a system issue, said they had the payoff amount applied and actually mailed the balance to me two days ago.
    That's a relief.

The major downside to being able to pay off my car and house is that now my credit dropped 60-some points! Do great and still get kicked in the nethers. Apparently I now don't have enough diversification in my credit due to having no monthly debt payments, so my near excellent rating is back down to just good.
    Gads I hate finances.

• Like Like x 4
  15. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry.

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    It definitely stings but it'll bounce back. I also recently paid off my vehicle and had to watch my score drop.

• Like Like x 1
  16. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Cultist of Unicron.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The guy who murdered my grandmother and thousands of other people by giving out diluted prescription drugs that contained only 15% of what was prescribed for treating stuff like cancer, aids and other severe life threatening illnesses. Is being released from prison early.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Scarlet knight

News Credits:
    :banghead: 

18. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Cultist of Unicron.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus I can do this all day! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Wow. My condolences. It's sad they took so long to actually catch him at it. A shame that he's being released early and they aren't going to make him rot there.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    If only he'd done something like copy a CD that the law takes seriously. Sorry that you have to go through seeing this monster set free.

• Like Like x 1