General Haslab Discussion (non-Transformers)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by PloverNutter, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Seems like a moot point to put all that thought into it though?

2. Grun Gast

Grun Gast Well-Known Member

Hmph. You know, after playing that Marvel's Midnight Suns game, I do feel that had the game not been delayed it really could've helped the Engine of Vengeance campaign.

The price would've still been the biggest hurdle, but I kind of like Robbie in this game. Admittedly, this is the first time I've actually seen Robbie as a character, but it's not a bad first impression. In comparison, I hate the likes of Iron Heart, America Chavez and current "body positive" Squirrel Girl (as opposed to her original characterisation) because my first exposure to them was that Avengers Academy mobile game that really did them no favours.

Even in terms of tiers, there's an older Johnny Blaze in this game who appears in the very first cinematic who could've been done as a tier. Maybe older Johnny as a tier and his bike as another. That way, even if he didn't get his bike he could still ride shotgun in the Hell Ride.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Not gonna lie, if Hasbro released ML versions of the Avengers Academy designs, I'd buy them.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Grun Gast

Grun Gast Well-Known Member

Hahah. Give them the swappable parts so you can have the various levels, and you got a deal. E.g. Spider-Man first just being Peter Parker, then wearing a half-mask, then his full costume or War Machine just being Rhodey wearing the armour's gloves, boots and chest piece, then the full armour, then a War Machine-themed Hulkbuster.

Okay, maybe the War Machine one isn't feasible.

But you're right, some of the designs were pretty interesting reimaginings. And, man, I was such a Janet (Wasp)/Tony (Iron Man) shipper in that game. Plus, how awkward Spider-Man and Spider-Gwen were when they finally met and had to work through how they weren't able to save their own Gwen and Peter.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I felt the same way about the Rancor. Like as soon as it ended they brought in the Rancor for the Book of Boba Fett. Given how close it was to funding, maybe if they threw in a tier that tied into BoBF, it may have been enough to cross the line.

In hindsight I think it would be better to time these to start together to compound the excitement. Movies, shows, games get delayed all the time. They could technically drop the HasLab whenever they wanted, but once it drops they can only extend a deadline so far.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

Agreed but given the Rancor and Razor Crest timing,I think those are issues of the Mouse House guarding the plot points. I think timing would have helped the Rancor immensely.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

Why haven't we gotten a HasLab Ecto-1 yet with tiers for Ecto-1A and Ecto-1 Afterlife to go with our Plasma Collection figures? I mean come on! Who wouldn't want a scale Ecto-1 in the house? Am I right?

• Like Like x 3
  8. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    I feel like Ghostbusters is currently too small a brand toy wise to really risk another HasLab so soon. Plus it is entirely possible an Ecto-1 could go retail because unlike the EoV or even the HISS Tank it has a much wider appeal to general customers.

• Like Like x 2
  9. TranslucentBag

TranslucentBag Definitively "Graph Guy"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I might also suggest that the really diehard GB fans (so those willing to splurge on big ticket items) are more invested in memorabilia and cosplay than toys. At least the 3 folks I know are. They barely got excited by the Ecto-1 X-over figure but loved the proton pack.
    That is of course very anecdotal.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I can add that all my hardcore GB friends are the same. Prop replicas and similar items are what catch their attention. Most of them aren't toy collectors so they see those and say "neat" but aren't really interested personally.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

I think an Ecto-1 is perfect for HasLab if it gets the same love and attention to detail the HISS did, especially considering how massive it would be when considering physical retail space.
    Just for reference, it would be 21 inches long at 1/12 scale so it would probably be slightly larger to match 6-inch scale.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

I can see ECTO-1 as a Haslab right about when the next movie hits the Theaters.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Legate

I can see also see an argument for ASAP so it’s theoretically available around the time of the movie.
    That said though, running the campaign while the movie hype is at its peak is a smart move.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Wyldmaxx

We might also see a 1:1 scale Ghost Trap and PKE meter.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Be prepared for a high price point for that. Not sure about the car licensing (how is GM licensing?), but GB IP licensing will probably put it around EoV pricing.

• Like Like x 2
  16. geekatron prime

geekatron prime The Grammar Police must be on strike.

News Credits:
    Just got the email for the GI Joe Sky Striker jet to make sure your address is correct. Will be shipping mid January.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  17. Wyldmaxx

I'm glad we don't have to wait until spring to get the Skystriker.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Legate

Those would go really well with that proton pack. I think the only downside would be that some collectors would pass due to not having said proton pack in the belief that the three pieces form a set.

IMO at the same price point an Ecto-1 with lights, sounds, movable rubber tires, and good details presents the value the EoV failed to.
    Tbh, I would get one to go with my Mezco Ghostbusters.

• Like Like x 2
  19. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Since TF fans and GI joe fans have shown up for Haslabs,….lemme throw this out there:

Scale down the HISS tank to the 3inch scale

make it a transformable G2 dreadwing and smokejumper that can fit a JOE pilot

Could they do this?

20. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Why would they do that? They've already made a transformable Hiss at the 3.75" scale (like it or hate it) at retail and the alt mode doesn't suit Dreadwing and Smokejumper.

• Like Like x 4