1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

Customs: Gee Wun ROTF Sideswipe opinions needed.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by BigBadBoombox, Mar 6, 2009.

1. BigBadBoombox

BigBadBoombox Boombox Cakes superior!

Okay,

I've decided on what my next project is, it's going to be a custom g1 accurate ( also drawing from the classics 2.0) Rotf Sideswipe. I'm working on a digibash now, but I'm coming to a mental block on how to deal with his sword/sideskirts. do i go solid red alt mode and sacrifice the sword detail or do like a lower silver trim?....

I'm working on the digibashes now, but feel free to sound off.

Also I'd like some idea's you guys might have for colors/brands of paint.

Update:

Here is a mock up i did using Gogdog's photo review seen here http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/221175-rotf-deluxe-sideswipe.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    silver thats the best part of the movie fig line all the metallic colors. i just realized sideswipes head would make for a cool scourge head:inquisiti 

3. BigBadBoombox

BigBadBoombox Boombox Cakes superior!

well at this time i'm thinking a very vibrant aluminium color where the white is. most likely blackwashed and silver thin brushed with a little antiquing in the deep recessed points. Frankly i need to have the figure here before i start....i hate the waiting game!