Minor/Repaint: GDO Voyager Megatron FEET (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by jametron, Oct 28, 2012.

1. jametron

jametron Halfway to Heaven, under horsepower of my own…

News Credits:
    For starters, when I say WIP, I cannot be anymore literal... This came to me only an hour ago and I've done nothing more than remove the feet and a portion of the legs from Generations Warpath and tie them to HFtD Banzaitron's legs. Why Banzaitron? Because he was nearby and already in bot-mode :lol , but Megatron isn't far...

As seen in the first pic, Banzaitron's feet are left untransformed, against the back of his legs. Warpath's parts are loosely tied on (via a TF in-package tie-down through WP's c-clip bar) and fit nicely around Banzaitron's leg... on three sides! I have no problem with Megatron's "claw" feet, BUT I challenged myself to see this through, once I saw the possibility laying on my workbench (WP's loose legs). Not sure how I'll continue at the moment... I may cut the treads off the bottom, though they are a nice bonus considering the alt-mode, they're certainly not out of place. But maybe I'll go with just the block feet above them, I don't know. Will I paint the attachments black or purple... maybe a dark gray? I don't know. Most importantly, how do I attach them more effectively? I do know that I don't want/need them to be permanantly attached... they don't need to be intergrated into the alt-mode... I just need a way to attach them in bot mode.

Anyway, any C&C is greatly welcome!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• WTF.jpg
      WTF.jpg
      File size:
      228.9 KB
      Views:
  2. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it! But it kinda looks like he's wearing rubber boots

3. minsok

minsok Well-Known Member

You can dremel out holes in Megatron's shins and embed rare earth magnets in the boots and shins. That's my preferred method, but you can also cover the legs with cling wrap, fill the boots with Aves apoxie and mash them against the legs to create a mold so they will hold on with tension when it cures.

4. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Makes a nice set of boots for Bludgeon/Banzaitron. Now, if they can be further modded such that he can transform without removing them... that'd be fantastic!

5. jametron

News Credits:
    Despite using Banzaitron at the moment, my intention is for use with Megatron!

6. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    This works! Now to find a warpath to butcher.

7. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The idea you started with is fantastic! I really like where it's going, and the fact that the new feet have the treads just adds to the overall aesthetic.

Look at the figure in alt mode to see if the new feet could possibly be integrated into the transformation. Even if cutting is necessary, I (personally) would find it better than being a parts-former or (ick) action-master.
    If not, well, I think it'd still look fantastic and add some needed bulk to the legs.

8. jametron

News Credits:
    Thanks for the ideas, I will keep them in mind!

I'm fairly certain I'd never be able to make that happen! He'll be a parts-former at worst, but certainly not an Action Master! I have exactly one TF that I customized to the point of not being able to transform anymore (TF07 Voyager Blackout). He looks great for displaying in bot mode, but I do miss being able to display him in alt-mode too, so I don't wanna do that again.

9. jametron

News Credits:
    Where are my manners? Truly meant to say thanks for the positive feedback so far... THANKS!

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Lookin' good! Now fix those bony arms! :D 

zmog

11. jametron

News Credits:
    Thanks! And I'm OK with the arms actually... Truth be told I don't even have a huge problem with the feet. Mostly I was trying to offer a possible solution to those who said they really wanted GDO Megatron, but that the feet "killed it for them". But, I've challenged myself to see this through, so ill eventually have some updates and will gladly use them on my Megatron at times I'm sure.

12. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 In it for the engineering

News Credits:
    Awesome!