GDO Megatron's Knee

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RamenJunkie, Nov 13, 2012.

1. RamenJunkie

RamenJunkie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So i was kind of excited to get GDO Megatron yesterday, I opened him up today, wet to transform him, and....

His right knee is on backwards. The little white piece with the connector peg. This becomes a problem because the vehicle transformation doesn't line up right on one side.

Not sure if this is a widespread issue or has been a problem on any of the previous versions of this mold.

I don't get a chance to go to TRU too often so I'll probably just end up stuck with him and his bum knee. It mostly works for robot mode anyway at least. I tried to flip it but there are several pins holding the lower leg together which prevent the piece from easily being removed and flipped.

Here are some pics.

Bad joint:
    [​IMG]

Good joint on the other side:
    [​IMG]

How the bad side looks transformed:
    [​IMG]

2. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    I bet there's someone around here who can give you tips on how to remove the pins if that's what is holding the part in place.

3. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Any chance someone might be able to circle what's wrong, exactly? I'm having trouble seeing the knee error itself.

4. RamenJunkie

RamenJunkie Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Basically, at the end of the "bones" in his upper leg, there is a white piece that makes tge hinge for the lower leg. It is not a symmertrical piece and is flupped over on one side. The result is that the lower leg/side ends up sitting too low.

The problem pin is not visible as it is behind (inside) the green side panel (flipped at an angle in this photo).

[​IMG][/IMG]