GDO "Dead End"

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by cosmos3, Nov 8, 2012.

?

Vote to change GDO Scout Dead End's name to Wildrider

1. Dead End

9 vote(s)
    17.0%
  2. Wildrider

44 vote(s)
    83.0%
  1. cosmos3

cosmos3 Banned

I vote to officially change the name of this recently released scout to Wildrider. And for obvious reasons. The color scheme and tech specs are Wildriders and the only reason it is called Dead End is just because they chose that name. Why, I have no clue.

So, lets vote to end this madness!! :) 

Just as a side note, is anyone else burned that Hasbro could have used the Windcharger mold in the GDO releases to give us Tailgate?? OR, even more ridicious is the fact they could have gave us the Rumble and Frenzy they ripped us off of for the RTS line. And at the bare minimum we should have got Bodyblock rather than trying to scout size Brawl. Or the black Hubcap repaint. Agree??

2. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Yeah, they should've released Rumble/Frenzy. It's absurd they didn't... no one was clamoring for Sandstorm, that's for sure (Brawl gets a pass, despite being a terrible repaint, for being an awesome toy that's only had one deco. Sandstorm's mold isn't as good and has had SO many releases).

Oh, and weirdly enough, GDO Dead End even has Wildrider's tech specs. So... yeah. He's Wildrider, as far as I'm concerned.

3. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

If i were still that annoyed about it eighteen months later, i think i'd just cough up the extra $50 or so for the Takara version and get on with it.

Anybody who had a fair understanding of how Hasbro deal with the brand these last few years would be aware they were probably never going to be evenly distributed at multiple retailers anyway.

4. cosmos3

cosmos3 Banned

Yes, but they could have now. I wasn't annoyed for 18 months about it. It actually hit me randomly yesterday when I was driving home. I thought "why int he hell didn't Hasbro use the GDO line as an opportunity to release Bodyblock, the black Hubcap repaint (name, anyone?), Tailgate, Rumble, or Frenzy?? Hasbro, if you are listening, we want a Wave 2 of GDO! And here are five scouts ready to bolster the ranks. Its easy money!! And while you are at it give us a Trailbreaker and Hoist from the Kup mold, a calssics g1 Soundwave from Perceptor, and a Skids from the Jazz mold. Hell, you could use the old Astrotrain mold to give us a Blastoff too! Many possibilites left for what you have! You could do a Buzzsaw from the Laserbeak mold too. Free ideas!! Come one guys!!

I have question for you all too. I don't like the GDO Brawl as Brawl. Anyone else with me? How about adding autobot symbols to him, renaming him "Goliath" and partnering him with Deep Dive. It could work!!! What do you think??

5. cosmos3

cosmos3 Banned

Wow, so far its a landslide. It looks like "Dead End" might be officially known as Wildrider! Mark it down Hasbro!! :) 

6. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Now that's not entirely fair. I had written off Rumble since I thought Hasbro was done with Scouts, plain and simple.

Then Hasbro went and reopened that wound with the GDOs. Now, don't get me wrong, I appreciate the GDOs, but really, we didn't need a new version of mold we got as Sandstorm, or even Laserbeak awkwardly repainted from a figure that was already mostly black. And Brawl... was just bad. I like the mold, and it's great they're getting it out there, but... it's an awful, awful Brawl.

7. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    :lol  Much love bro, but your threads are killing me! You do realize you can call Dead End anything you want right? You can call him Chimp-Nipples for all Hasbro cares, they're not gonna change a thing!

BTW, I mean no harm... I just don't get too crazy serious about these things friend :)  but I hope you don't take my dry sense of humor as an attack... All in good fun :) 

8. Wolfdawg

Wolfdawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yea, using Breacher's mold for Brawl was pretty weird. Hasbro would have been better off repainting PCC Heavytread and calling it Brawl.

9. Hothouse Prime

Hothouse Prime Not old... Just older.

Was Chimp-Nipples an option on the poll?!?! Damn, shoulda gone with that...

10. cosmos3

cosmos3 Banned

LOL, no you actually made me laugh! I thought that too. Not chimp nipples, but I thought I can call him whatever! But, it this case an actual injustice has been done. You can't call a GEN Dead End that when his paint scheme is clearly Wildriders. And I think we, as fans of the CHUG line, deserve a say. Especially when the support is overwhemingly in the favor for poor Wildrider. I mean, what if someone started calling themselves Jametron, yet looked and acted different than you. You'd be pissed, right? Well, lets change history. I'm for it!! :) 

11. cosmos3

cosmos3 Banned

So what about my Goliath idea??? You like??

12. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    True the figure should've been named Wildrider. But, I find myself more worried about the how this figures naming affects a potential Jazz re-deco as Dead End. Will this be our only option for a Habro released CHUG Dead End?

13. cosmos3

cosmos3 Banned

I wouldn't worry too much. Hasbro has re-done a few figures they have released. If not, Im sure a Wildrider named Jazz repaint with Dead End paint schemes will be released soon..then we will have another vote!

A good point to make is why did they use Jazz for Wheelie. Using Universe Legends Wheelie is perfect in a CHUG collection. The new Wheelie is kind of stupid looking. And yet another lost opportunity. He could have been Dead End. Or Wildrider...... :)  And what about a Motormaster from either the Classics Prime mold or even using the Inferno mold???

14. Starfire22

Starfire22 :D

News Credits:
    Brawl=Roughstuff/Bodyblock.

Dead end=Wildrider.

Nuff said.

15. cosmos3

cosmos3 Banned

Alright, who is the SOB who voted Dead End? :) 

Seriously, I am really interested as to why one would disagree with renaming him. Maybe you can add a new insight?

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Dukeup Nukhead

News Credits:
    It's likely the figure was named Dead End simply so Hasbro can keep the trademark on the name. I can't recall the last Wildrider Hasbro released, so it's possible they lost the trademark to that, so they went with a name they've used multiple times in the past.

That, and a simple poll on a website is not going to "officially" change the name of the figure printed on a package. For example, because Hasbro can no longer use Slingshot as a name, they used "Airrazor" instead for the character in the ROTF Superion set. Outside of refering to the entire set, I have NEVER called that specific figure Airrazor, he is Slingshot pure and simple. Do I think Airrazor is a stupid choice as a replacement name? Yes. Do I think Hasbro should go to the trouble to change it? No. Everybody who would know the real identity of that figure would just call it by it's real name instead of what Hasbro says.

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Yes I call GDO Dead End Wildrider.

I couldn't care less about RtS Rumble and Frenzy. The Takara versions aren't scarce but they look like ass and I have the PE versions and will be getting the MP versions so they're completely obsolete IMO.

18. cosmos3

cosmos3 Banned

I don't care what Hasbro wants to call something officially. It would be nice if they would pay attention to the details, but whatever. I do, however, care what you all think because you are the fans. Those people only care about raking in the cash. You guys actually care about the characters. So, I do not value their opinion whatsoeverbecause they don't care enough to notice, and the naming of this figure is proof.

Keep voting guys, when the polls close later today i feel we will have corrected this error! It is all about perception and majority rules!! :) 

19. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    I totally get where you're coming from, I do. The thing is, historically, when they change a name like that its because they couldn't get it Trademarked, or the trademark they had ran out. So I'm assuming that's why they did that. But this case is unique in that they didn't alter the name like they normally would (Trailbreaker became Trailcutter for example) but instead gave him the name of another Stunticon. That is indeed strange!

20. cosmos3

cosmos3 Banned

I agree, that could be the reason. But hell, they could have called him Wildrunner or something similar. Just calling it Dead End send a message that they don't care much. Maybe Im wrong. All I know is that thing they put out is not Dead End! :) 

I still cannot forgive thier passiveness with the scout assortment. Rumble, Frenzy, and Tailgate makes more sense.