GCreation Fuuma (IDW Sixshot)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 21, 2016.

1. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Thank you. I bought Hexatron so I'm looking forward to playing with him and seeing how he fares. However, I also recently got a Carnifex and Hexatron just doesn't scale with him. Some people say that's normal for Overlord to be taller, but since both are Phase Sixers, I almost feel like Fuuma scales better with Carnifex. I know normally GCreations is more of a MP scale and MMC Reformatted is more of a CHUG scale, but do you think Fuuma might scale alright with MMC bots? I'm not planning to start a new MP IDW collection haha.

2. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

He is big enough to look like a phase sixer in any collection all the way to MP imo. Whatever looks and feels right with you, just go for it.
    I personally like variety and don't want all my figures to be super clean "toon" styled, so fuuma works great for me and I do not think of him as IDW. Just as Sixshot. He fits into CHUG just fine as well because, as you said, phase sixer. He can be bigger than megs and I have no problem with it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I am doing just that!

4. malcontentman

malcontentman Cybertronian James Cagney

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think he scales with MMC figures well even though some might say he is too big. I like the way they look together. I display Hexatron with my CHUG figures and Fuuma with Carnifex and other MMC figures.

5. bakerjin

bakerjin Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your recommendations. Just got this beast of a figure and I absolutely love him. I would say at first glance I don't think he scales well with my IDW CHUG (MMC Reformatted with T30 Springer and CW UM), but then I see him next to Carnifex and he's just fine. I guess if we want to think of these Phase Sixers as "larger than life" he works well haha. He definitely looks better than Hexatron at this point!

What's the final verdict on the chest piece? Is it as easy to break as I've been led to believe? I've read some people say to just ignore it during transformations, but some of the video reviews I've seen (BSF, Ben) seem to transform them just fine. Should I ignore it or did others break theirs due to mistransformation?

• Like Like x 1
  6. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Grab it by the base near the joint to avoid damage.

Fuuma was intended to be a IDW MP like Gcreation's Prowl and Optimus before him.

7. Gaius Freeman

Gaius Freeman Well-Known Member

I recently picked this boy up. It is definitely fiddly in the legs for balance and positioning; the hands have tolerance issues (sword cannot be held by his left hand, thumbs rattling all over the shop); and the ab-crunch give him all the mobility of a herniated disc; however, he can do this:
    IMG_20200513_150342.jpg IMG_20200513_154105.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Fuuma is the most articulated of the Sixshots right now. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  10. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    I keep the guns on my figure in the same way!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Is there another way? I just did what I saw in the instructions, lol. Seems like he has a good number of options so asking honestly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  12. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    If I remember correctly, you can put the weapons on other places using the adaptors that come with him.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Yea I think the adapters work for everything besides the blasters as I'm not seeing any female pegs on them but even with one spot to place them in bot mode they chose a good one because it really beefs him out even more.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sandman73

Sandman73 New Member

Just got this guy out of the box for the first time and after an hour of trying to get him to stand in the most basic of A stances got tired and put him back. Anybody else have this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

None of the ratchets in either hip will support the weight of the leg, and the hinges that support his heavy (I’m assuming metal) feet are loose as h*ck also, to the point where he just slides into splits or just falls over. This is a MiSB figure, got him from Toy Dojo just a week ago.

I’ve got to say this has been the most disappointing purchase I’ve made since restarting my 3rd party collection and if this is the quality I can expect from G creation it has me seriously reconsidering my Shuraking preorder (and I love me some Dinobots!). Definitely a bummer, because he’s a great looking Sixshot otherwise

15. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    He is definitely “unwieldy,” but that usually is the case with bigger bots such as him.

As for doing the splits and not being able to stand; you may have gotten a bad copy. As you can see above from Kuma’s screen shots, he should be able to stand and pose fine.

Make sure the feet look like Kuma’s above. But that’s about the only advice I can give. Other than that, I would contact ToyDojo for a replacement.

16. Sandman73

Sandman73 New Member

Unfortunately it looks like I received their last one. I suppose I can contact Gcreation but I don’t know if they’ll do anything about it. Most I can do is show them when he was purchased as MiSB and hope for the best.

As far as being unwieldy, a certain amount of that is to be expected for sure, but when you’ve got giant non-combiner figures out there like Planet X Genesis (mine being from 2013 and still rock solid) there really isn’t an excuse for a $210 figure to come out of the box like this ‍♂️ apologies, I’m just a bit salty atm

I’ve seen pictures of him on various stands in the alt modes, can anyone recommend a good one? I’ve plenty of Gundam model stands but I don’t imagine they’d hold his weight at all

17. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    @Sandman73 -

Maybe @Kuma Style can take a look at your posts above and suggest something better than I have. I haven’t touched mine in like a year and a half so.

18. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair, @Kuma Style could manage to pose and photograph a dead donkey and make it look like an MP Sixshot.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Thank you.

-------------------

I honestly took those couple of shouts and shelved it but I don't remember it having any problems with plain standing and the like especially to the extent that this guy is saying so I don't think I can really help.

20. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime Subjectively Objective

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have Fuuma. He's a bit top heavy, but that's an issue of character design. Like any stylized figure, it takes a minute to get everything balanced, but the caveat is that when you're used to toys that don't automagically balance it's not that hard. Fuuma balances well for an action figure, but 7/10 times a Transformer has more stability thanks to giant clunky feet/lower center of gravity.

In other words, I think he's trickier than your average MP to balance, but definitely isn't like trying to stand up Figma Zero Suit Samus and her Zero Surface Area wedge heels.

• Like Like x 1