GCreation Fuuma (IDW Sixshot)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Oct 21, 2016.

1. RMStunticon

RMStunticon Dan Kuroto Fan

Glad to hear it. Hope Prowl is another step up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Naroki

Naroki Well-Known Member

Some more pic
    Sorry for phone camera quality

I've remember someone request pair up with Rendoza?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    OK, I need Black shadow now.

[​IMG]
    Pair with MMC overlord.
    To be honest, I think MMC overlord is more well build.
    If I score , MMC Carnifex is 9-9.5 score range, while Fuuma around 8-8.5
    My carn have loose hips while Fuuma have too tight arms ratchet while I think it need to be more smooth than this.
    And weapon connector should be better. this is 1 step different which need more polish. but that only on my copy.
    Carn plastic feel better but thickness feel thin and hollow. Fuuma plastic feel OK but very thick.
    Transformation on Fuuma is better. Carn is too pain in shoulder / shield section.
    But overall I think it a good pair.
    I need Wei jiang to KO up scale Titan return Sky shadow now.

[​IMG]
    With MMC Hexatron.
    Fuuma plastic is better.
    Overall everything on Fuuma is better IMO.
    But with the size and weight, I know some may choose Hexatron, cause size and weight is hard to handle.

[​IMG]
    With their Op.
    I think Fuuma is a lot better than their Prime.
    Plastic is better. Still feel elastic in it not a hard plastic as newer maketoys products of Fantoys but overall above average.
    I think better than Hexatron, better than KFC stuff,better than MMC gloss plastic, same level as Galaxy meteor, same level as Thunder Erebus, bot good as Mateor, Not good as MMC turmoil, not good as Carnifex. IMO.
    Price , I got Fuuma less than their Op.
    It have better "Toy" element. big problem so far I see is chest wing transformation which I will ignore it while transforming.
    Other is I think they need more polish is weapon lock slot. which easy fix by change design to use Maktoys weapon lock slot design.
    Overall it a lot better. and I hope their Prowl will be more step up.

[​IMG]
    With other stuff.
    Knight gundam is more expensive than Fuuma due to "P-Bandai web exclusive Japanese only blah blah blah.."

[​IMG]
    Bad guy team.
    I don't need GARATRON Thunder wing......
    Dam it, I need to buy it !!
    And someone please make MP scale Nova prime!!!

[​IMG]
    Some IDW stuff. as much I can place on table.
    I use this opportunity to clean a dust.
    I already forgot I have Hasbro springer and sanstorm. those guy are already DATED.
    Now I'm waiting Aero alpha and Power baser. I know power baser is not IDW but Mp Victory saber / God Ginrai/ Six shot / Overlord will be a cool set.

[​IMG]
    I want to talk more but.... awe.... fu*k.
    I just clean a dust. by a Tamiya model cleaning brush.
    There is criminal among us.
    I doubt Getaway is behind this.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 9
  3. edgecrusher

edgecrusher "She wanted nothin', and I delivered." TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Your materials comparisons are spot-on, imho. I would rate it pretty much exactly the same. Cheers.

4. johnnysamson

johnnysamson Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not a bad figure overall, but it looked better in the reviews. I got this for Christmas and opened it, It didn't have that...WOW factor that I thought it would have.

That said, well made figure, poses okay, guns look great, Just MEH!

5. gaseous clay

gaseous clay Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Heh, haven't forgotten about this! Borrowed original Sixshot from my friend last night, unfortunately she got it way back when it first came out when she was a kid, so Sixshot's missing his accessories:

sixshots2.jpg

Interesting that its bigger than TR Sixshot, but its also funny how the original toy was kinda a brick.

• Like Like x 1
  6. borgified

borgified You're going to get speared to death!

News Credits:
    Thanks for doing the comparisons. Fuuma is more of a IDW comic stylized G1 Masterpiece MP (to me) as it might have inspired the GCreation's R&D to look at the G1 toy version and make it more MP like. I'm not bashing either DX9's or FT's styles as they have made it more of an animated MP look and I give them both an appreciation in doing so.

I wonder if GCreations would make improvements (or upgrade kits) in regards to the "L" hinge/wing assembly if they make a second run. Still interested in Fuuma even though it's now in my back list for now.

• Like Like x 2
  7. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I would also agree. I love the figure but I think it is important, LIKE ANY FIGURE, to handle it with care. This isn't BSF's Tigertrack that you can throw around and just do whatever you want. Transformation is really not that complicated to all modes but it does take time. It is very much about being exact for fit. I agree that you should leave the chest wing arms alone. Its just not worth trying to force them around other things. I wish the chest wings had notches to connect together over the chest. The tank tread issue is that one is automatically split so they included replacements with a lower durometer that won't split.

For me this will be a durable figure that checks all of my boxes for an MP Sixshot. There are definitely some things that I wished were better toleranced but people keep forgetting this transforms into seven different things. I think it wins on that account. For me he is also an exact match to Carnifex and both figures are perhaps the best looking MPs I have ever seen.

• Like Like x 2
  8. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    is there any way to successfully mod a ball socket joint onto the sides of his chest for the chest wings and L-frame chest parts to be mounted to? modding wise????

9. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    anyone know what kind of plastic fuuma is made of ?

what sort of epoxy glue should i work with ?

fuumas legs folded up on themselves as would be for car mode

knee guards extended down all the way
    mid upper legs(black part and internal slide scale tab locked parts inside are slightly folded internally for some minor additional mid body flexibility to work with for beast mode ) entire legs essentially form the wolves rear body and upper legs while knee guards form lower ahlf of rear wolf legs and the paws as well

additional parts salvaged from terminus hexatron(robot /wolf beast feet)

as simple as can be really

flat bottom of front half of terminus hexatrons robot feet are simple to epoxy glue onto the front knee guards of fuuma so thatfuuma's robot leg knee guards itself would form the hind legs for wolf beast mode

Attached Files:

10. Chaotic91

Chaotic91 Rest in peace Akira Toriyama

Despite the QC issues I've noticed with this figure I still love it. I haven't even bothered transforming it because I've been having too much fun posing it. I'm especially impressed with the hand articulation and how well it can hold smaller figures. My only complaint about about the hands is the ball joints on the thumbs are a bit loose. I also like how big this version of Sixshot is, so big he almost scales well with figmas... not quite but knowing how he scaled with Daniel in G1 it kinda works or at least for me going by that scale.

6D38EAFF-4D51-4110-AD81-823EBAA1B986 resize.jpg 9BBB36A2-4B7C-4F9D-B0CD-9FC7A0B835F3 resize.jpg 7BD340D6-0A0A-4A56-B899-285E889761E1 resize.jpg DABE1EEE-0BD7-411E-9B44-20BD44042A21 resize.jpg B5FC74E5-C086-48CB-9EA8-62C098933FB1 resize.jpg B61831DE-9195-4F8C-97F7-BF10D0146285 resize.jpg D5444A65-EAC7-4535-98E3-591F296396D3 resize.jpg DE0F9936-807A-4C36-86A4-06B22752B4B0 resize.jpg F6C4C495-15F5-43D3-A155-0C56087DBCA6 resize.jpg 89FF7DFF-AC26-4005-A984-BDA896F400F6 resize.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  11. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Wow! Sixshot has a girlfriend! What kind of QC issues do you have with Fuuma? Is it only the thumb?

12. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    upload_2018-1-15_16-55-35.png

upload_2018-1-15_16-55-55.png

[​IMG]
    the first photo up top shows a differnat way i came up wiht to transform fuuma into a better wolf mode that actually provides the wolf with a proper set of hind legs (robot mode legs fold up on themselves as they would in car mode but wiht internal parts folded up such that the lower legs can be properly repositioned as the top set of legs without the fold out panle parts of the outer lower legs splitting open during transformation to form the upper leg parts for the wolfs hind legs through the hips and upper hind legs while the modified knee guards would serve as the bottom half of the wolves hind legs and paws as well

for those who are curiouse the parts beneath fuumas knee guards were salvaged from terminus hexatroon(the black part being the front halfof fuumas foot which i will epoxy glue to the front of fuumas knee guards, the front foot of fuuma being modified such that the wolf oaws dual rotating ankle joints can rotate properly in both directions folks, while the second black part by the wolf paw is terminus hexatrons rear foot

the parts from hexatrons feet have been modified such that when fully assembled properly wiht epoxy glue bonding ,the rear part of terminus hexatrons foot would serve as claw guard of sorts (think brass knuckles in a certain sense folks) but at the same time they would double as infrared vision sensors for battle car modewith the wolf paw parts serving asa armored bumper cow catcher sort of battering ram,

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  13. redwolfbear

redwolfbear Banned

Facebook:
    this be a simple mock up of how i intend the parts to fit together when fully assembled and permanently bonded together with epoxy glue folks

but over all i believe my minor modification to fuuma's knee guards will actualy positively enhance the wolf mode in it having a more so proper set of hind legs while being only a rather minimal amount of modification to the knee guards themselves, this modification would in no way interfere with fuuma when i would og ot transform him through his various alt modes

Attached Files:

14. transgeek2345

transgeek2345 Well-Known Member

Man, if only he scaled well with Masterpiece Figures, was looking to pick him up to compliment my MP Soundblaster.

15. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

Man this guy is a beast! I got him over the weekend and I knew he was a big figure but I wasn't expecting him to be that big. As someone who is a museum pose shelf presence collector I couldn't be happier with this figure, he just screams cool. My only complaint would be the feet and ankle joints being a little weak and maybe having problems down the line because of the figures size and weight but only time will tell. I also got Gcreations Prowl yesterday and he's equally as awesome but a little undersized, I wish he was one or two inches taller as his shelf presence is kind of low compared to Gcreations Optimus and Sixshot. Still GC is knocking it out of the park and I can't wait for Drift, considering he's just a few months away has GC shown any proto's for the figures after Drift?

• Like Like x 2
  16. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    o_O 

• Like Like x 1
  17. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Prowl is a carbot, so he is "fine" scale wise, Drift is going to be of a similar height.

18. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    I hope my two copies are not like that... But Honesty said something similar...I am a bit worried... I hate friction joints on those places!

• Like Like x 3
  19. jnmx2000

jnmx2000 classics

It's not a huge deal right now, I don't fiddle with my figures once I get them in a pose I like, I just hope over time it doesn't become a problem because of the weight of the figure. As is right now he seems to be able to hold a good pose. I also really like the Gundam like detail in the legs, he could probably use a few more paint apps but it seems they didn't want to get to far away from the color of the show character which I suppose is ok.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    If you don't mess with it too often you don't need to worry!