GCI - 03 GULPER-LSOTW Guzzle (in-scale with voyager figures but not a voyager itself)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Jan 4, 2016.

1. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    I wanted to let you know that GCI is having some server maintenance issues. It has nothing to do with anyone running off with anyone's money. If you need to contact GCI I suggest you PM them via their facebook page. I spoke with Dr. K this morning and when he is free he will pop in here and get an update to you.

2. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't realize Chicken Little was a member of the boards here. That's cool.

@the_oaf - you might not have the temperament for ordering third-party products from new companies.

3. Grievlocke

Grievlocke Omni Armory

News Credits:
    Wow now, I can't help but feel like there's a lot of negative energy being directed at members that don't deserve it, they are just concerned about their money and that is legitimet. No one wants to feel cheated.

Realistically, it's not the customers fault, it's the seller's in this instance. Regardless of what's going on in your personal life, and believe me I can sympathize having four kids of my own, if you are in the midst of a business transaction, you need to be up front and up to date.

This company has rarely kept up to date it seems, they need to have been more forthcoming and posted in a place that was easy to find and easily accessed. If many customers can't find the updates, then it wasn't posted well enough.

Not to mention that they've been migrating servers for some time now with no real update anywhere on it.

TL;DR
    Don't blame customers for the companies problems.

• Like Like x 1
  4. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Thank you for you common sense and perspective.

If those behind this are experiencing difficulties in the Real a world then they have my sympathy, but on a Board where info is shared (in a good way) with regards to scams, dealers to avoid and deals going south then those of you that know these guys and can reach out to them beyond PMs (and full inboxes) can do everyone else a favour BEFORE rumours become an obvious and avoidable part of an info blackout as described quite rightly by the Oaf.

Having had two eBay deals go bad this month I don't need anymore money tied up in lost causes. Get it now?

5. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's be serious. He's being pretty foolish. He failed to find their Facebook page, which talks about (a) the site being down and (b) there being some life emergencies recently. He was unable to communicate with a business on a Saturday morning and decided immediately that they were dead (notice the dates on this post - all before 7am in the timezone in which Dr Killinger lives).

That's not being cautious. That's not providing information to the group. It's frankly inflammatory. If he'd said, "I can't find their Facebook Page" I'd have sent him a link. If he'd said, "has anyone else heard from them?" Orion2073 would have responded as he did.

It's a brand new company trying to start up. No company has great customer service or PR on start-up and pretending this specific one should is a bit silly. Everyone on this sub-board knows ALL third party products are subject to delays. It happens. It's frustrating for all involved. Since that's true, maybe chill the chicken little routine and show some caution about pronouncing a company dead.

6. levyshahar

levyshahar Nemesis Wheelie

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, they've extended it to 180 days

7. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Okay, Firstly, I did fail to find their official Facebook page, but I did find Doctor Killingers, and neither that or his presence here has been updated in a while. My mistake, but even so, that combined with their website being down and my e-mail to them generating a “failure to deliver” message (not a lack of response outside business hours) wouldn’t have looked good to anyone. I knew this product was due in June, so left it on the backburner. I hadn’t checked on it in months, and only decided to do so the other day when I came across my receipt as I was tidying up my inbox… it just seems as if that check coincided with a few issues on their end, but how was I to know that. If I’d been able to get one single message to Dr. Killinger via the routes I had here, by e-mail or by any recent activity on his own Facebook page, I would have waited, but all those routes were shut down. It didn’t look good.

I apologise if I jumped the gun, but I’ve had issues with Ebay, Amazon sellers, and even my own cousin ripping me off in the last six months (seriously, I’m still waiting for a piece of custom jewellery from him that was supposed to be my fiance’s Christmas present last year)… some turned out to be scammers, some were just really poor at running their business, but they all happily took my money and failed to deliver, so if I’m erring on the side of caution at the moment then I think you can understand why.

Seriously, if there are issues in his personal life that he needs to sort out, then he has my sympathy. Given the information that’s been given since I originally posted I’m not going to make a claim yet, and am still prepared to wait, as I do want this figure, but in order to avoid things like this happening, if there are delays he should really spend five minutes to let people here know… not everyone uses Facebook.

8. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

Still stoked. Still waiting patiently.

9. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, is anyone concerned yet?

10. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Careful now, someone will be along to invoke Chicken Little if you ask that sort of question.

Concerned? Not now I've bailed out. This would have looked great with my Wreckers - but the money has done more good going to stuff I can actually buy now.

Out.

11. Mkall

Mkall Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If nothing is mentioned during the TFCons (US or Canada), then I'll get concerned.

12. NamelessOne

NamelessOne SG Autobot

An update (that's not posted to some small corner of Facebook, and yes, I've checked) would be both timely, and appreciated at this point....

13. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter

I'm waiting on Feral rex hip armour and claws but they have posted an update on their FB page saying half are ready and the rest should be within the next 2 weeks. I'm not on FB so didn't check there initially.
    Maybe have a look on their and either contact them on there or via the website (gcitoys.com).

14. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Yeah an update would be nice. I have until August it says to report a problem if any. I haven't talked to him awhile on here or on FB.

Hope everything is okay - but it's been awhile.

15. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

I've only got another three or four weeks. I don't want to cancel this order, but I don't want to potentially lose my money either.

16. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seeing as how Killinger just mailed out my order from the GCItoys website Friday, I'm not worried about him running off with my money anytime soon.

17. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As a long time customer of both the good Dr. Killinger and Megatron31 I can confidently say that there is nothing to be concerned about. NO ONE is running off with anyone's money. I know it has happened in the past here (in particular with a certain 'junk' armor kit) but Dr. and Megs are honest hardworking people.

I ordered the bulk of my Feral Rex kits during the Froggy run and when those orders didn't get fulfilled I told Dr. to sit on my order rather than refund. Almost a year after my orders I noticed that he posted in the threads for people to email him via the GCI email for a refund. I did and he promptly refunded me the full amount via Paypal no questions asked.

Chatting to him I was told that there has been some real life issues (family) that has impacted on their capabilities. Without going into personal details I can say that Megatron31 has been dealing with a lot these past few months and my thoughts are with him and his family.

So while silence seems unbearable to those that have vested interest in this project (though you'd think people would be used to it by now dealing with 3P:rolleyes: ), I suggest that you wait for an official update before you get too concerned. We often forget that while they now have a 'company', GCI are still more of a 'garage kit' group doing this as a side thing.

They are not a super company like MMC or Maketoys . They are just regular Joes with real day jobs and a passion to do TF related stuff in their spare time. In that regards I treat their timeframes like I do when I commission a custom. It might come when they say it will but most likely not.

If you feel you can no longer wait for what ever reason try sending an email to the GCI. Based on my experiences, the Dr. should take care of you. My only advice when contacting him is try to be civil (even if you're upset). If you are going to act like total self entitled jackass in your email don't expect a courteous reply in return. I have never had any issues with correspondence from either Megs or Dr. but I was never rude to them. :thumb 

18. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Update from GCI

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/DaimChocRe...41828.100402350310201/284044395279328/?type=3

19. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Any word yet on availability?
    I follow this thread loosely here and there. I know there were some family emergencies, and hope all has been smooth.
    I didn't pre-order, but was and still am interested in the figure once it is released. Just a simple inquiri :) 
    I'm ready to toss my DOTM Guzzle off the shelf in favor of this asap :lol 

20. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

News Credits:
    Not sure what's going on myself. Still waiting on my order too~