Gargoyles

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Falconhood, Nov 9, 2012.

1. xavierleo

xavierleo Well-Known Member

i don't blame you. You get this a lot with 80s / 90s cartoons. A lof of channels kept repeating the first seasons regularly rather than playing later ones. A lot of the time the promotional block or show it was on didn't even run long enough to get to the later seasons. Most of the VHS, books, stickerbooks, toys et get based on these early seasons too so it weights perceptions.

Ninja Turtles is a prime example - The first 5 episodes were repeated SO often they're etched into my memory still nearly 40 years later.

In the case of Gargoyles, a lot of people think of Angela as just a late addition to the show. She joined relatively in Season 2 though. I don't think a lot of people realise she was in it FAR more than Demona ever was. Demona was featured heavily in the first season and a half though so it changes perception.

Puck as Puck was just in a few episodes, most of his arc was towards the end of the long S2.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
  2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Does anyone know which figure this is:

20240408_194719.jpg

3. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

• Like Like x 4
  4. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Which may be, and I hope I'm wrong, the only way to get his folded wings. I think NECA's Haulathon is starting up again and Broadway's trickling out into select Targets. Neat packaging though.

5. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm really hoping they reveal his folded wings to be coming with Macbeth because it will be bs to make you buy the same figure twice just for... oh wait... it's NECA.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TenScaryMonkeys

TenScaryMonkeys Can You Believe How Great These Pants Look?

That packaging art is absolutely terrific.

7. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Still waiting on Lexington to arrive…

8. Ektris

Ektris Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep it's SUCH a NECA thing I'm sure this is the only way.

And it's gonna freaking work on me.. although probably will just sell regular Broadway then and take off that coat on the Silver Falcon version. Well, hopefully you can anyway.

9. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    You know the market will absolutely flood with this new Broadway without his wings, haha.

I’m part of the problem, I just want the wings. I don’t give a shit about this variant, but I need the folded wings to actually display the character on the shelf. This line is the epitome of NECA greed.

I’m sure Macbeth will be a two pack with the same Hudson but with folded wings just to make it worse.

10. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Fortunately, I got Broadway discounted last year during Target's Xmas NECA sale. I paid $10 for both him and Lexington.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

If in fact, this is the only way to get these wings, that will royally suck because I couldn't care less about this figure. This version of the character was featured in what? 2 episodes?!? I honestly don't understand the demand here... and $40 just for wings!?! I mentioned it before in this thread and said that NECA should sell the cloaked wings by themselves on the website for $15 with nominal shipping costs.

Just watch- if this is the only way to get Broadway's cloaked wings, people are going to buy the figure, take the wings out and then return it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    After months of sitting in my closet, I finally opened Broadway and one of the Steel Clan dudes. Broadway is pretty damn awesome. The Steel Clan bot, not so much. His wings are loose as fuck, so they don't hinge out for very long. They're flimsy as hell too, which doesn't help matters. You also can't rotate them to stay back straight like the Gargoyles wings, so it's not as easy to store them in a detolf.

13. Badgertron

Badgertron Well-Known Member

The whole wing debacle has kept me from going deeper into the line. A real shame.

Who's left who would be absolutely essential? Owen, Macbeth, Matt Bluestone, maybe Fox?

14. Tahukanuva

Tahukanuva Human After All

They’ve shown prototypes for, iirc, Macbeth and Coldstone, who I’d say are probably the most significant single characters left, along with Owen. Fox seems reasonably likely, Bluestone slightly less so imo.

Beyond that, non-Gargoyle wise, you’re basically into one off characters or variants like human Demona. There’s a couple of important groups, of course. The Weird Sisters would be good for a Haulathon or convention set. The Hunters could potentially make the cut. The Pack were pretty major characters, but it’s such a large group and with at least two distinct looks apiece they might be too big an undertaking.

Gargoyle wise, though, if the sales are there, NECA could treat this like Predator and wring the license dry of every conceivable one-off or comic exclusive Gargoyle over the course of the next decade or so

• Like Like x 1
  15. Badgertron

Badgertron Well-Known Member

Yeah, if the line continues The Pack are probably the most dynamic group to do. There's also the cat gargoyles, and I'm still shocked we haven't seen stone repaint versions of the main clan yet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Gotta wonder if sales are, in fact, there. I haven’t really seen anything sell out or be hard to find (these figures are some of the few my stores seems to have) and NECA has suddenly become very quiet about what’s next.

Hopefully SDCC shows a whole flood of figures. I want at least Owen.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    They did show off Gabriel.

Oh, one more issue with my Steel Clan bot is he has this dried glue residue or something all of his wings and it won't come off.

18. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

So which non winged figures have the folded wings for other figures and which aren't announced yet? I'm losing track...

19. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nothing has been announced. Assumption is Macbeth will come with Hudson's folded wings, but we have no idea who comes with Broadway's, Angela's, and Gabriel's. Could be Coldstone.

All I know is I just want Broadway and Hudson's folded wings so I can be done with this line.

20. Synth

Synth Well-Known Member

From NECAs display so far, Detective Broadway was released as part of Target's Haulathon and comes with folded wings (no spead wings)
    Broadway

Not officially announced/released but prototypes shown in NECA'S Gargoyles display at Toy Fair:

Macbeth
    Macbeth

Wyvern Clan Gargoyle/Cyborg: Coldstone/Othello
    Coldstone

Avalon Clan's: Gabriel
    Gabriel

No announcement if any additional folded wings comes with these 3. Speculation only that Macbeth might come with Hudson's folded wings.

Attached Files: