Gargoyles

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Falconhood, Nov 9, 2012.

1. raindance773

raindance773 Well-Known Member

Go to customer service. They may just give the discount to you.

2. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    That store did not. However, I just came home from another Target and they were already scanning with the sale price.

[​IMG]

I was tempted to get the Steel Clan since army builders work better when on sale, but figured I would go with the main players first, especially since Brooklyn's folded wings are just lying around right now.

TMNT stuff was also ringing up discounted, but they didn't have anyone I needed. Forget to check the horror movie stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  3. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Received my armored Xanatos the other day. Really like the figure - unexpectedly so, honestly. Need to figure out a good stand for it since he is quite hefty and I’d like to display him hovering. The unmasked head is great, but as with most of these, the hair gets in the way of posing. Makes me want to get a pair of Steel Clan

• Like Like x 1
  4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Lex finally arrived, and now I have one complete Manhattan Clan!

upload_2023-12-11_22-11-5.png

I'm technically missing Angela, but I know I'll get her soon, but she's not a priority. Can't wait for Coldstone and Macbeth.

• Like Like x 14
  5. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    For once, I was actually able to take advantage of a toy sale Target was doing. Got Lexington for about $10.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. fujishig

fujishig Well-Known Member

What was the toy sale, was Lexington on clearance?

I did see that they have several of these (steel clan, armored Xanatos, Goliath and Ultimate Goliath) on their ebay store (bullseye deals) with 25% off coupon. But no Broadway, Lexington or any of the others...

Oh, you used the 25 off 100 coupon.

7. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Target has Buy $100 get $25 off. As such, it came around $93 for all 3.

8. supervir2

News Credits:
    Well, it finally happened. I got Lexington, Xanatos, and Elisa the other day to complete my main cast. Went to bend Lexington’s knee to crouch him and *snap*. First NECA breakage despite all of the reports I’ve heard and having probably 50 figs turtles, gargoyles, and a handful of other one offs. Now to get another:/

• Like Like x 2
  9. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Welcome to the club, lol. To be fair, I've had...I think...three breakages out of who-knows-how-many NECA purchases. I'm probably at about the same 2% breakage rate you are, I would say. Two breakages were due to paint-locking of the joint that I couldn't get to budge and one breakage was more my fault for trying to force a joint farther than it is designed to go. I do tend to be more careful with my NECA stuff than similar products from other manufacturers, though. I hope you don't have any trouble sourcing a replacement!

• Like Like x 1
  10. supervir2

News Credits:
    Found a replacement and his arm promptly snapped! What in the world. Unfortunately, the arm was on the same side as the leg on the other figure, so I couldn’t just swap out the arms/leg together (they’re all connected by the wing), so I swapped the good leg onto the original and tried to glue the wing back in which wasn’t successful on first go. Will try again tomorrow. The wings are way too inflexible for what they did which makes posing him a chore. I do like what they went for - it just needed a bendier material.

side note, I bought two steel clan to go with my armored Xanatos. What stands are out there that can hold these three beasts? I’ve got one holding Armored Xany up and…it’s barely hanging in there.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I use these: Amazon.com

12. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Yeesh, hate to hear of figures basically snapping. I've never really collected NECA so I don't know of any shoddy QC from the company, especially what I've heard from a lot of collectors. I know a lot of new figures take time to loosen up but it's like you need to heat gun these figures to make sure nothing snaps; of course, being a little stiff means they can hold their poses with so many extra limbs. My Angela suffered a broken wing joint and tip but only because I was negligent and let her fall from the top of my Detolf cabinet; she hit something on the way down and then the Steel Clan I think fell on top of her and that's a big chunk of plastic coming down. Found them all on the floor, like a murder scene.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That stinks, man. I agree that what they attempted with Lex’s design is interesting…but fiddly and ultimately pretty self-limiting. I’ve used super glue with decent success on this kind of material in the past.

14. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Good news, my Target got in a Xanatos.

[​IMG]

Bad news, his fist hand snapped off the the peg when I tried to swap hands. Had to heat him up to get it out. At least it was just a fist and not one of the hands I would actually use. I love that he comes with a floppy disk. I remember the days when the world could be conquered using a floppy.

Also, it's nice that I can now properly have Demona displayed in my case. Now if they could just hurry up and get the cloaked wings for Broadway and Hudson out. Still have no idea why one of them did not come with Lexington.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

Because they know we'll buy Lexington anyway... :) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :lol 

I only bought him because I got him for $10 thanks to Target's Buy $100 get $25 of deal. I could not justify $30+ for half a figure.

17. Snarlus Prime

Snarlus Prime Well-Known Member

Add me to the list of 'Busted Xanatos' Fists'. Any way to get replacements from NECA or are we all just SOL?

18. Nutimus Prime

Nutimus Prime Always collecting :)

Found 2 Lexingtons at Target and wife had a gift card from a promo. So with a discount I picked him up. That'll be all for now. Just the main Gargoyles. :D 

Saw a guy I know at the same Target and he grabbed the other Lex. He texted me an hour later and said Lexs bicep broke right out of the box. :eek:  Time to get the water heated. :lol 

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
  19. Dr Kain

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well fuck me. I finally opened up Lexigton today and his arm snapped off at the bicep when I was taking him out of the package. Worse, the snap made it sound like the joint was brittle as hell. So now I have to hunt a new one down.

GC5GmULWwAA-TWP.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
  20. RustyScreamer

RustyScreamer Lurkin everyday, rarely postin

I found a Lex at my Target today instead of waiting on BBTS and thanks to you guys, I ran him under hot water, used shock oil on the shoulder joints and prevented any breakage. Thanks to those who posted, and I'm sorry you had these issues.

• Like Like x 1