Garfields Creepy Halloween strip "alone" from 89

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gaastra, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone remember this creepy garfield strip from the 80s? It's non canon now but was made for halloween and hinted that garfield was alone and jon and odie (and the whole strip!) are in garfields mind or that garfield is a ghost! Good thing it's non canon.

Here's a youtube video i found with the strip. (and some creepy music!)

Garfield - 1989 Halloween Comic ''Alone'' - YouTube

Here is comic legends take complaete with jim davis confirming it's not canon.

Comic Book Legends Revealed #465 | Page 3 of 3 | Comics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book ResourcesComics Should Be Good! @ Comic Book Resources

This one kind of confused me as a kid. I read it in the papers and didn't get it. I get it as an adult! Nice halloween story jim davis.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I remember reading this little arc in my Garfield books. It's both eerie and pretty deep. It shows the effects of how being alone can take a tool on you not to mention that it helps remind us not to take the good things we have right now for granted because there can be a time where they might be gone for good.

3. Reaper Cloud

Reaper Cloud Dark Wrecker

News Credits:
    Well said, and I agree. :) 

Garfield is the only comic strip that I continue to read. I don't like most (around half) of the new material, but some days it really makes me smile. :D 

This Halloween story is what I use to show people how newspaper comics are not just for children. Or anything from Calvin and Hobbes. I really wish that this would come back. :(