Gaps in the G1 series

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by adamme, Nov 12, 2016.

1. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

This has probably been asked and discussed before, but what do you think happened in the years between season 2 ending and the movie and also what happened post-Unicron destruction in the movie with the Deceptiocons going from being in charge of the planet to scrabbling for energon on Charr... I know they probably were in disarray, but considering the Moonbases had been destroyed, where were the Autobots apart from the ones we saw and the ones that didn't die on Earth.

2. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Headcannon ?

Season 2 - movie : the decepticons literally fueled by taxes from their distant clientstates (wich the future Headmasters and Targetmasters rule and on wich the future Autobot Head and Targetmasters engage them in guerillawarfare with the help of native resistancetroups) the Decepticons strarted a new offensive driving the Autobot resistance of Cybertron. Most of them (including the group led by UM and lots of civilian Autobot symphatizers) came to earth.
    This inspired a huge worldwide fundraising resulting in the building of Autobot city and Metroplex for the refugees.
    For wich kindness the Cybertronian refugees responded by building the first ever full metal Cybertronian style city on earth for habitatian by humans (this city the Decepticons would later transform into Trypticon).

Movie - season 3 :
    During Unicrons attack the Decepticons executed a hasty evacuation plan wich resulted in most of their army and a few symphatizers leaving the planet for a few distant evacuationposts. The few soldiers and the Decepticons sympathisers where insufficient and unorganised and the Autobots from earth took advantage.
    Rodimus and the Autobots and Junkions inspired by their victory over Unicron quickly organised themselves for a blitzattack wich overwhelmed their few unprepared enemies on Cybertron.
    By the time the evacuated Decepticons heard of this and organised for a counterattack theAutobots had taken control of Cybertrons global defensesystems, Cyclonus and Soundwaves best efforts couldnt prevent the division among their troops after the dissapearance of their leader from playing a factor in their defeat.
    Cut off from the energonmines of Cybertron and without allies in the immediate neighbourhood, raiding the surrounding planets for energon brought less and less results since the Autibots made haste strenghtening friendly relationa with their neighbours to prevent the Decepticons from reorganising.
    Cyclonus went to the future headmasters for financing but Mindwipe coldly told him the round up of taxes for the effort of driving the Autobots of Cybertron and destroy them on earth had left him with a volatile situation in the clientstates where the resistance was getting more and more support. If they didnt want to lose the rest of their empire they had to loosen the screws on the inhabitants of the clientstates.
    The Cybertronian army was welcome if they would live on a ration and aknowledge the rule of Mindwipe and the others otherwise Cyclonus was advised to find Galvatron to lead them again since it was Megatron who ordered joint leadership would fall to Sixshot and the future headmasters in case the original triumvirate (Megatron, Shockwave, Soundwave) was broken.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  3. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I'd be interested in seeing those stories told. And also what happened between g1 and Beast wars.

4. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    Google+:
    I believe Cybertron went into a period of peace (Pax Cybertronia) until the Maximals and the Predacons crash landed on Earth which sparked a war.

5. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    I imagine the Decepticon takeover to be similar to the Animated S3 premiere

6. Galvatron1998

Galvatron1998 Maximal

News Credits:
    My headcannon: Megatron has been on Earth coming up with stupid contraptions to keep the Autobots busy while he buys Shockwave some time on Cybertron. When the Autobots left behind on Cybertron were at their weakest (they were under the leadership of Ultra Magnus after all) Shockwave bridges Megatron and the Decepticon forces from Earth to Cybertron. The Autobots, who have not had a space bridge during the show, are left behind and cannot pursue Megatron while he makes his way to Cybertron. This meant that Megatron was only meant with little resistance and his rise to the throne was swift. By the time the Autobots make it to Cybertron they are met with heavy firepower (think of the Maximal crew coming back to Cybertron in Beast Machines) and they are forced to take refuge on one of Cybertron's two moons.

Omega Supreme, who was carrying all of the Autobots, takes heavy damage and is unable to make the journey back to Earth until he is fully repaired (hence his absence in the movie). Megatron, knowing that the Autobots are on the moon, decides not to attack them and lets them stay on the moon. He does this to mock Optimus Prime, since there is nothing that he can do to save his people on Cybertron. Ultra Magnus, who leads the group of 86 Autobts, manages to lead an attack on the Space Bridge Building (?) and uses it to go to Earth, which is the last location that the bridge transported to. Now On Earth, Ultra Magnus sets up a base of operations that will eventually become Autobot City (how Scramble City plays into all of this is beyond me).

Devcon, who was last seen in The Gambler, eventually returns to Cybertron and is met with hostility when it is discovered that he is an Autobot supporter. He manages to escape the planet, land, and dock on the moon with the refugee Autobots. Devcon, remembering Smokescreen and the others, agrees to fly a group of them back to Earth (since his ship is only big enough for a small handful of them) while the others remain on the moon until reinforcements come back for them and Omega Supreme. Optimus Prime decides to stay behind while Grimlock leads the team back to Earth. On Earth, the group meets up with Ultra Magnus's unit and they form an alliance. Grimlock and the Dinobots befriend Kup as they enjoy listening to him talk about his old war stories. Hot Rod, who wants to be back on Cybertron fighting against Megatron and the Decepticons, develops a rebellious attitude and mopes around the base complaining.

That's some of what I've got for now.

7. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I've always wanted to see some stories from that gap between season 2 and 3. Scramble City fills in a little bit even though it doesn't exactly fit in with movie and the appearances of Trypticon and Metroplex but it was awesome seeing Ultra Magnus in more a season 2 setting among the older autobots and the other humans in their younger appearances.

I don't exactly have a head cannon for what happened here but I would not mind seeing maybe a comic tie-in that explored these "Lost Years" that explains the Decepticons conquest of Cybertron, a slower introduction of the newer season 3 cast, and what happened to the human cast in between for instance what happened to Chase and Sparkplug. Also wouldn't mind seeing a G1 follow up that goes up to right before the whole conversion into the pre-BW era.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NeilJam

NeilJam Resident Audiophile

News Credits:

I would like to see something for these bits of Transformers cartoon history, but you forgot the biggest gap of all - the millions of years between when the Ark crashed to when the inhabitants were awoken by Teletraan I. How much were Autobot forces diminished with the disappearance of Optimus and the Ark crew? The Decepticon empire seemed to have maintained control throughout that extended period even without the mighty Megatron. I think there would have been some pockets of Autobot resistance left, but it looked like those had been quelled by the time Autobots from Earth had returned.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CyborgimusPrime

CyborgimusPrime Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I would like to see, either in animated form or even in comic form. So much from G1 gets rehashed over and over, but here you have huge potential with new material that fills in a 20 year gap in the G1 timeline.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Most of this time period is covered somewhat in Japanese G1 continuity. Although I prefer the US/UK continuity, I am happy to slot in Japanese events in most cases when there's nothing already there and it doesn't contradict anything.

Generation 1 cartoon timeline (Japan) - Transformers Wiki

11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Between 1985 and 2005: The Decepticons were already in control of Cybertron, with Shockwave in charge. Megatron apparently returned to Cybertron, flushing out the Autobot resistance from the surface to the moons. In the meantime, with the Decepticons no longer on Earth, the Autobots created a "second home", building Autobot City in relative peace. This became an obvious thorn in Megatron's side, however, as the base became a source of resources for the Autobot Moonbase operations. In 2005, Megatron finally makes his move to cut the supply line.

Between the movie and FFoD: There's obviously a time of peace, although it's relatively short. It's clear Rodimus Prime expected this time period to last, being just an emissary for Cybertron to the rest of the galaxy, because he's woefully under-prepared for a Decepticon uprising and the return of Galvatron.

The stories from these time periods wouldn't be that great, since both envelope "lulls in the action". You could probably manage some "spy" stories, but the first is kind of a "Cold War" situation and the latter is just diplomatic shenanigans...

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I too would be interested in Post-Season 2/Pre-Movie stories.

also post G1/Pre-Beast Wars stories too.