GaoGaiGar figures good or bad?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Cobra_Commander, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

quin:lol  i will need to remember that if i can ever efford one sounds like i might cry from the stress of puttin it together though

smog: sounds like im gonna have to buy mic, loved him from the series wish he came with each mic's lik in gaogaigar final ep 8

syd: aww you still have my music vids, ill need to start makin them again at some point

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    The core mech is called Gaofar and his ship mode is called Phantom Gao.

3. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

Haha, I know. Its been a while since I watch the show, and didn't bother to go dig up those artbooks to check my spelling. Thanks though. I did fix Gaofar on my previous post. Somehow, Faigar doesn't sound right after I finished typing... hehe. :D 

4. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

I've been dying to find a CM's GaoGaiGar for a decent price. I was watching one on ebay, which had a crappy box but the figure was fine, but I got caught up in something and missed the end of the auction by 3 minutes :(  Went for 66 bucks before shipping, wanted to shoot myself.

I have a little Yujin Master Action GaoGaiGar, and I think he's pretty cool. Cheap, poseable, but can be a little loose-jointed.

[​IMG]

5. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Haha! I think I was watching that CM's GGG auction too, and did the exact same thing! A similar thing happened to me bidding on a second-hand Star GGG set, with Goldymarg. I was kicking myself for missing THAT one!

Well, I did find mine eventually (not for $66)... and at least we can feel good that (probably) SOME happy fan out there got a great deal. :) 

I have one of the large 12" Yujin Master Action GaoFighGar figures, the "power-up" version that's all green chrome... he's pretty cool I guess, though I'd really prefer the colour version.

Hey, if anyone wants to buy him off me, shoot me a PM! :) 

zmog

6. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

oh id that the weird orange colour one? never thought they were as kool as the coloured ones

7. SMOG

Similar idea, but mine is entirely in green and gold reflective coating. I think they go green in GaoGaiGar:Final.

I prefer the regular versions too, but I got this one for a good price. I also didn't realize that it was the chrome version until after because the package is nearly identical to the normal version. It even has a picture of the full colour one on it, just to taunt me. :( 

Still, pretty cool figure. It transforms too. Not a "perfect" transformation like the CM's version, but it's a bit bigger and more proportionate.

zmog

8. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

I also have that Yujin 12" GFG in original colors. Got the giant hammer (non-transforming) for it too. Tons of parts swap. But if that doesn't bother you, its a good figure. Solid enough, a bunch of ratchets(not super strong, but good enough for its plastic weight). With the hammer that is about 16-18" tall, its definitely a great display. Used to be my 'landmark' for people trying to locate my work cube :D , together with the CM' DX GGGG (All plastic & also about 12" tall).

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Those Brave pvc figs are pretty sweet , and cheap

[​IMG]

Made my old sig from one of them
    [​IMG]

10. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    I don't recall Gaofaighgar glowing green. Unless it was his Hell and Heaven attack? I know in the series at the hallf way mark, to defeat El-01 ( ithink) they use a special power up which turns Gaogaigar, Choryujin and Big Volfogg green.

11. mpchi

mpchi Well-Known Member

Yeah, during Hell & Heaven, GFG is very Green. Thats one of my favorite GGG fight scene by the way. So cool, so dramatic.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  12. SMOG

They one between Guy in GFG and Mamoru in GGG? YEAH!! That's an insane confrontation. Just watching the clip makes me want to watch FINAL over again! :) 

zmog

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  13. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Are Soundblaster1 and Liokaiser synonyms now? Just when I think I've gone overboard enough... I guess by the time I find a Great Goldran for sale I'll have the money... But that's not the point.

14. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For those of u who are looking to buy the old DX version of Gaogaigar by Sonokong.

Look what i found on auction at ebay. check it out if any of u are interested. it's still not too late to place a bid on da item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/transformers-br...goryZ753QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(Me can't place a bid b'coz me now almost flat-broke after getting BR-04 Great Mightgaine perfect mode early dis mth) :( 

15. Roanstalker

News Credits:
    So you're the one that won it. How much did it go for?

16. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did ya mean the Mightgaine? if u are refering to dat then, i won da the bid for it on yahoo auctions not ebay.

It cost me US$174.