Digibash: Gamma V's on a Digibash Spree!

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Gamma V, May 25, 2020.

1. Gamma V

Gamma V Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    It all started on the Allspark Discord server when I brought up one of the many lines that attempted to compete with Transformers (and GoBots) in the 1980s. One line had a toy called Liftor years before that name would be associated with Armada Smokescreen's Mini-Con partner. When I showed photos of the original Liftor and his line-mates, someone suggested turning Earthrise Hoist into a Transformer-ized version. I don't have the actual toy to customize, but I do have photo editing apps, like Paint.net and PicsArt.
    Liftor attempt.jpg
    Showing this off on the server allowed me to meet a much better digibasher named Nathaniel Prime, who did his own version. He also introduced me to PicsArt.
    ER Liftor.jpg
    This is Nathaniel's Liftor. I'm simply putting it here for the sake of comparison.

I would still make one more digibash entirely in Paint.net before transitioning to PicsArt.

Screwhead.jpg
    SCREWHEAD
    I've been envisioning this since I first saw the Siege Zetar toy. It would be awesome if Hasbro did this for real. When was the last time we even had a GoBot homage? Deadlift in ROTF? It's been a decade!

POTP Windbreaker.jpg
    WINDBREAKER
    Someone once said that Hasbro should recolor a Windcharger into Windbreaker. Will this work?

POTP Johnny.png
    JOHNNY
    I couldn't resist making a digibash of this biker-bot from Site 32 in Chrono Trigger. He's THE MAN after all!

Prime Robo.jpg
    ROBO
    I couldn't do Johnny without making a Transformer homage to my favorite party member in Chrono Trigger, could I?

Siege High Beam.jpg
    HIGH BEAM
    The Siege Sideswipe mold is perfect for most G2 GoBots and Spychangers. I chose High Beam first because I think he's my favorite of the bunch.

Classics Leadfoot.jpg
    LEADFOOT
    How about some more G2 love? This guy is based on the Machine Wars redeco of Classics Mirage.

Earthrise Tow-Line.jpg
    TOW-LINE
    "No parking means no parking!" Well, the original was a recolor of the Machine Wars Hoist, so why not make a new version based on Earthrise Hoist?

Earthrise Skybolt.jpg
    SKYBOLT
    This is one of my OCs. While my original design for him isn't based on a Seeker, he does have a Seeker-like transformation scheme, so I figured "Why not make him an Autobot Seeker?" How would that happen in canon?
    Regardless of "universe," Skybolt is an artificial being, being either created on Earth by humans or created as an experiment to explore the potential of a Teletraan-type AI in an Autobot body. This Skybolt would be the latter, having been created by Wheeljack from a deactivated clone drone used by Starscream in one of his many attempted coups against Megatron.

Siege Dashlane.jpg
    DASHLANE
    This is another OC of mine, and yes, he is named after the password manager. What is it with some tech companies having names that would work well with Transformers? Either way, Dashlane normally transforms into a 1955 Ford Thunderbird, but there aren't any Transformers with such an altmode. However, part of Dashie's transformation involves the car hood folding down to become the chest.
    Character wise, Dashlane tries to come off as a friendly bot with a sarcastic sense of humor, but he's haunted by the memory of losing his best friend and mentor, Landmine, to Shockwave, who extracted his Spark and turned his body into a mindless drone that he had to put down. Eventually, Dashlane goes on to serve as a mentor to Skybolt, forming a bond with him that mirrors the bond he shared with Landmine.

Universe 2.0 Bad Boy.jpg
    BAD BOY
    Here's another GoBot homage based on the Universe 2.0 Stormcloud toy. I went with the original GoBot's color scheme here, rather than the eHobby Powerglide recolor's.

Siege Rev.jpg
    REV
    Like I said, Siege Sideswipe works well for Spychangers.

G2 Megatron G1 Colors.jpg
    G1-COLORED G2 MEGATRON
    Could this be what we get for a Megatron "reissue?" I think it would be a nice compromise myself.

Gamma Lives Again.jpg
    E-102 GAMMA
    After seeing a digibash of Thrilling 30 Tankor as E-123 Omega, I figured I should give Gamma a try. I loved this guy ever since I learned about him.

Siege Rapido.jpg
    RAPIDO
    Since the BotCon 2010 Rapido was based on the Universe 2.0 Bluestreak mold, I figured I'd give him a War for Cybertron Trilogy update by basing him on Siege Bluestreak.

Generations Pathfinder.png
    PATHFINDER
    Yep, it's another GoBot homage. Generations Cosmos' chest always did make him look a little feminine to me, so why not use him as a base to make a female character who also turns into a UFO?

• Like Like x 8
  2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Those are great digibashes. :)  Great start so far.

3. Gamma V

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Thanks, Kaijuguy. I have a few more that weren't on my computer when I made the opening post.

RTS Windbreaker.jpg
    RTS Windbreaker
    I figured I'd try doing a Windbreaker based on a Deluxe-sized toy rather than a Legend so he'd scale better with Siege Rapido.

Siege Detritus.jpg
    DETRITUS
    This guy is based on one of the eHobby G1 recolors released in the mid-2000s. The original was, of course, based on G1 Hound.

Spychanger Sideswipe.jpg
    SPYCHANGER SIDESWIPE
    Since I've been using his Siege toy to digibash updates of many G2 GoBots and Spychangers, I figured I'd do the reverse by giving the G2 GoBot Sideswipe a more G1 paint job. Would he have fit in with the G1-style Spychangers that came out in the mid-2000s?

Cybertron Outback.jpg
    CYBERTRON OUTBACK
    To me, Overhaul always felt like a Brawn homage, so I figured I'd recolor him into a Cybertron version of Outback.

Siege RID Hot Shot.jpg Siege Crosswise.jpg
    HOT SHOT and CROSSWISE
    What did I say about Sideswipe working well for Spychangers?

• Like Like x 5
  4. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 MEGATRON ATTACK

News Credits:
    You had my attention with Highbeam.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gamma V

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Something about him just catches my attention. Maybe it's the paint job or maybe it's because he was the first instance I saw of the term GoBot being associated with a Transformer line that wasn't aimed at preschoolers.

Speaking of bots I have a soft spot for despite minimal media exposure...

Earthrise Backstreet.jpg
    BACKSTREET
    I'm not ashamed to admit that I do listen to the Backstreet Boys, and reading this guy's TFWiki article was a treat as I read the captions on the images. I remember his name catching my eye the first time I saw it while learning about G1, which happened when the Backstreet Boys were still in their heyday.

But wait! THERE'S MORE!

Energon Swindle.jpeg
    ENERGON SWINDLE
    I got this idea from a toy review of Energon Strongarm that mentioned a customizer turning the Omnicon into an Energon version of Swindle that could even form a limb for Bruticus Maximus. I'd like to see some pictures of that kitbash. I wonder if it looked anything like this.

• Like Like x 4