Games you played the second time and relived the experience

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Autobot_Wall-E, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

My dad was cleaning out the basement and found my Nintendo 64 a few days ago. I only had 3 games for it ever but I played my two favorites: Toy Story 2 and Rugrats in Paris. I remember from 10 or so years ago playing these games on the weekends and having amazing fun. I rediscovered this fun playing it for the second time.

Do you guys have any games that you've played that you came back to a long time later and had the same or even more fun the second time around?

A few more for me:

Spider Man 2. I'm sure almost everyone who played agrees it is not the average movie game. I played this again not long ago and had a complete blast. It was so great and I feel like I could explore that virtual New York city forever.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance. This may surprise some people but I had a whim that I could play this game again in a way that I would not get bored. Mainly just as procrastination from my project, I popped the game in and played where I would change characters at every opportunity and I was going to put different characters in the team each time I switched. So I played with every single character a few times and decided who I liked and didn't and experienced all of the conversation codecs. It was really great.

Call of Duty 4. This one is pertaining to the multiplayer. After months of MW2 madness with the never relenting storm of Commando knifers, One Man Army/Danger Close noob tubers, AC-130s and Chopper Gunners, and Quickscoping masters, I felt a change of pace would be nice and went back to COD 4 for a bit. I got to the top 3 every Free for all match and almost always was number one in team games. I was amazed that MW2 somehow made me better at CoD 4 and I welcomed the lacking of the brokeness that plagues a would-be-good game. I was so eexcited to play Search and Destroy without heartbeat sensors.

Driver for the Gameboy Color. I was never able to pass the 3rd mission on the GBC version as a younger child although I loved the free roam mode. I picked this up on a road trip recently and played it til the end unlocking all cars, cheats, and game modes. On the PC I finally beat the dreaded training mission in the beginning and got into the meat of the game. Both experiences were surreal and great fun.

So does anything stand out to you guys that you can remember playing twice and loving both times?

2. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'm currently replaying Pokemon Gold on my old gameboy color after being sick of the franchise for almost 9 years, I googled all the games that had come up since then and I'm currently hooked

3. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    I also got tired of the MW2 cheatfest and picked up CODWAW again. I'm having a good time doing the competitive coop again.

4. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Psychonauts: I got this back when it first came out as an Xbox exclusive and played it on my uncle's console. I loved it so much, so charming and funny and fun. I got it for my PS2 when it came out for it a few months later. I've started playing it again recently off Steam and I think i love it even more this time. There's so many great details in this game, it's gotta be the most fun I've ever had in a single player game.

Halo 3: This is mostly for the Multiplayer. When my uncle was going back to College he shacked up with us for awhile. We played this hours straight and had such a great time. I played it again recently with some friends and remembered how much I love this game. So much more entertaining than MW2 IMO. Think I may just need to get a 360 and LIVE account just for Reach now.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've replayed Megaman X1-6 and Megaman Zero 1 at least twice each, probably more like 3-4 times for the first three X games, and not as much for the latter three only because I had played them more recently. They're all still great games, even if the X series does flounder a bit as it goes on.

I keep trying to boot up Final Fantasy VII and VIII again, but I always get sidetracked by various things.

6. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I've finished Zelda TOoT at least 10 times, if not more. I love that game.

7. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I replayed Road Rash 2 after almost ten years and loved it. Mindless 16-bit fun :D 

8. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I rarely play through games more than once. I get bored easily doing similar things even during the first play through. There are a few that I love so much that even playing the same thing over and over cheers me up.

The Few single player games I love enough to play through a lot:
    The Genesis Sonic The Hedgehog games - I keep buying collections and digital releases and play through them.
    Nights Into Dreams
    Super Mario World and 64
    Metal Gear Solid 1 and 3
    Jet Set Radio
    Resident Evil 2 and 4
    Call of Duty 1(PC) and 2(PC and 360)
    Mass Effect 1 and 2
    Halo and Halo 3:ODST (I've tried going through 2 and 3 but I can never be bothered to complete them)

Those are all of the games I've ever beaten more than once and loved them as much as I did the first time I played them.

As for Multiplayer titles
    Battlefield 1942 - I never get tired of this game
    Battlefield Bad Company 2
    CoD:MW2 - the first CoD MP game that I was decent at, even if I was a knifing tool

9. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

just before mgs4 hit i replayed 1. it's aged pretty well, and the cutscenes aren't that long :) 

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Two many to list but currently replaying Pokemon Yellow

11. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Super Metroid

Modern Warfare (multiplayer)

Halo 2 & 3

Metroid 2

12. Triple Melter

Triple Melter EGG GANG™

I replay the entire MGS series at least once every two years

13. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

Gameboy:
    Zelda: Link's Awaking
    Mario vs Donkey Kong series
    Metroid 2

SNES:
    Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Super Mario World
    Castlevania 4
    Super Metroid

N64:
    Starfox 64
    Zelda: OOT
    Mario 64
    Blastcorps

PC:
    UT2004
    LEGO series (Batman, Indy, Star Wars)
    Halo
    GTA series

14. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Star ocean 2
    Xenogears
    Hello Kitty Island Adventure

15. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Super Metroid

New Super Mario Bros.

Pac-Man

16. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Zelda OoT. That game is ridiculously fun.