Games you never finished but everyone else did?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, May 6, 2009.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yup, never finished any GTA, but I always feel like I got my money's worth,

2. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Phantom Hourglass. :(  Just couldn't be arsed with it.

3. SpeedBreaker

SpeedBreaker DESTRON NEW LEADER

I still haven't finished Vice City on the X-Box. My last save file is from 2005.

4. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I guess any Final Fantasy game I ever owned really, I love the series to death and still plan to get them all, but for some reason I just got fed up with the trolling for experience aspect of the games when you're at the final bosses/boss. It just doesn't make sense that you need to be at like the maximum level just to survive one hit from the fracking boss. It doesn't help that once you reach a certain level unless you plan on hunting the really rare monsters you don't get enough experience no matter how many enemies are on screen to reach the next level unless you fight for like six hours and you'll still only go up two levels in six hours. (Unless you're tough enough to fight with half your party dead so that the living half get's all the experience.)

The only Final Fantasy game I've ever beaten was Final Fantasy Mystic Quest for the SNES and that isn't really considered part of the Final Fantasy series even though it does have the Final Fantasy name.

Most of my other games I play until I get 100% completion in it, oh sure it could take me a few years to get back around to one of them (Yoshi's Island DS I'm lookin' at you.) but I still enjoy them and like playing them. (Even if I can't get 100% on the last two bloody levels of Yoshi's Island DS. Why oh why did they ever think making the game more challanging by taking away the items from the first Yoshi's Island was a good idea I'll never know. Especially with that goddamn World Secret One flaming Yoshi Tower of death/star stealing lava missing checkpoints deal! I can get all the flowers and all the red coins, but those slag sucking star counter stars elude me every time!)

There were a few games I got rid of simply because they sucked or I got fed up with them.

Star Trek 25TH Anniversary for Game Boy
    The Pagemaster also for Game Boy
    Magi Nation again for Game Boy (The only game I ever let Nintendo Power influence me to buy, biiiiiiiiiiiiig mistake.)

The other games I've traded I either beat them fifty times over or just really, really wanted a brand new game to tackle because I was getting fed up with just playing the same old stuff day in and day out. I plan on getting some of them back for my collection eventually, I mean that's half the fun of collecting isn't it? Trading some away to get something new and then buying them back in the future. So you still have something to collect otherwise you'd have everything on your wish list and bam no more collecting. Then what are you supposed to do with your life? Take up Golf?

Do rented games count? Because I rented lots of NES games back in the day that I could never beat before they had to go back to the store. And some I just couldn't lay at all because of lack of instructions. (A Boy and his Blob I'm looking at you.)

5. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twilight Princess on the GC
    Zelda: LTTP
    GTA IV (In fact most of the GTA series)
    Dead Rising
    Uncharted :redface2: 

To name a few.

6. comaface

comaface Crush, kill, destroy

Ninja Gaiden (NES)
    Super Mario Sunshine
    GTA: San Andreas
    Final Fantasy
    Final Fantasy 6 (3)
    Final Fantasy 7
    Ninja Gaiden 2 (360)
    Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
    I don't know if that's something that "everyone" has finished... I actually don't know anyone who's beaten it. I'd say about 90% of people I've met couldn't even get past the third level.

7. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

I'm in the same boat. If I don't do the RPG Maker for the PS 2, I'll finish that one.

8. One

One Well-Known Member

Kingdom Hearts 2
    all of the Final Fantasy games
    Star Trek: Legacy
    RE4 & RE5

many more others that I rented and haven't beaten them yet.

9. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Go for Metal King Slimes, they're so much more XP. :D 

Star Ocean 3: Yeah, I hit the "big reveal" and just.. didn't care.
    Final Fantasy XII: Only one I've not beat. Loathe the battle system, honestly.
    Dragon Quest VII: I hate this game so much. I want an RPG, not a 3D puzzle game!

10. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    I've not finished way too many games, more then I'd like to count. GTA4 is the one that most have completed that comes to mind. I play and play and play and then move on to my next game. I just get bored.

11. Cloud Strife

Cloud Strife 01000011 01000101 0101010

Metroid Prime - got all the way to the end and just can't beat it.
    Super Paper Mario - actually picked this one up again and stared playing. i got all the way to the last level and started playing mario galexy (which i just beat a couple weeks ago)
    Super Mario Bros 3 - i just couldn't beat it
    Zelda: wind Waker - i got married and my priorities switched and never finished..........
    Final Fantasy 7 - if u count doing everythign except beating emerald weapon, then yes i didn't finish

12. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Oh oh oh! I can back you up on that one! :D 

Anywho, I never beat the orignal Star Wars X-Wing. When I got the game, my space combat skillz wern't well developed, then I moved onto Wing Commander and many Bothan... I mean Killwrathi died.

Final Fantasy VII - I tried so hard to enjoy this game (gave it 3 tries), but once you get out of Midguard, it just goes downhill for me, I just didn't care what went on afterwards.

Metroid Prime 2: Bought the game, but I don't own a Gamecube. :( 

Metroid 2: Return of Samus: Bought the game, but at the time I didn't own a Gameboy, now I just cant find my copy of the game anywhere and hook it up to my GB Advance.

ARMA Combat Operations: Dunno if this really counts in the topic sense this game wasnt all that popular and nobody else might've played it, but anywho, I didn't finish the campaign because it just kinda.... sucked.

Falcon 4.0: I actually go back to this game every once in a while, I'm still trying to grasp the way campaigns structure their missions. I know what to do when it comes to missions where I have to go air-to-ground but when I do combat air patrols or other Air to air missions, I'm a little confused at what my targets are suppose to be. I can shoot down enemy fighters, but with my very limited ammo, I don't know exactly which targets are my objective and the others are just targets of opportunity (otherwise I'd just blow everyone up).

13. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Final Fantasy 7

I say this every time a thread related to unfinished games are made, but I never bother to actually go back and finish it :\

14. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    The main game coming to mind...would have to be Metal Gear Solid 3. I got up to the part with the old man sniper, but didn't even take the time to do that part. Haven't even played the new MGS.

There are a few of the Final Fantasy games I have yet to even play. But the ones I know for sure I beat are 7, 8, 9 and 10. I have played the earlier ones, just haven't gotten through. The later ones, I never played. Hopefully with FFXIII I will be able to do that once again.

Also Legend of Zelda Wind Waker...I can't even recall how far I got, I think a new game came out and I switched to that, and never looked back at WW.

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen a few people mention Metroid Prime games, and I'm in the same boat with Prime 2. I got all the way to the last boss and never beat it. I think the main problem- and Nintendo has done this with several other games- is the games difficulty are set pretty low UNTIL you get to the last boss, who's difficulty is cranked so high you need to find all the extra powerups to even attempt.

I'm in also guilty of not finishing SotC. Basically, I was 12 in, but then had to stop for college projects. I've tried to jump back into the game, but jumping in at that point is almost impossible since the controls have a lot of nuances that take time to get used to. I've never really had the time or motivation to start over.