Games you gave up on.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by TheWarPathGuy, Nov 10, 2019.

1. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

This is exactly what happened with me. I rented MGS and I just could not figure it out. It was MGS 2 that got me into the series, then I went back and bought the Greatest Hits release of MGS and enjoyed it a lot more.

Then MGS3 Subsistence came out and it is amazing.

2. Scowly Prowl

Scowly Prowl Still calculating variables...

MGS4 you could go full attack mode at times, and it felt kind of weird. That, and the unlimited ammo from Drebin always felt a little odd.

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Game I gave up on? Shit, I've got games going back several generations that I bought and have yet to play lol.

I was waiting for a Fallout post though I figured it would be more the absurd amount of crashes every game is known for. I couldn't even finish New Vegas on my PS3.

Though F4 was my wife's gateway drug into the fallout fandom.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  4. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Modern Warfare.

• Like Like x 1
  5. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty close to giving up on sekiro....stuck ar owl

6. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO ***FT Screwdriver Collector ONLY.!***

I guess I can say the PlayStation Classic with the 101 preloaded Games on the Flashdrive. It sounded great on paper but after awhile the Nostalgia is gone.

7. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Pretty soon I can add Link's Awakening to the list.

8. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ninja Gaiden (XBOX classic) - I stopped at the level after the airship boss battle. I starting to feel the difficulty.
    X-Men (Sega Genesis) - Something is wrong with CPU difficulty seems tricky or buggy. I need to use cheat codes to finish it.

9. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That game is pretty notorious for being stupidly hard, even beyond the stupid mechanic of how using your mutant powers damages you. Way to live the power fantasy...

10. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah.. Funny thing about that game mechanics is you'll never progress unless you play a harder difficulty settings.
    It's like I don't know if the programmers wanted to entertain or piss off gamers.
    What made forgive this game is the visuals but still encountering those buggy/tricky CPU difficulty made me decided to use the ultimate cheat codes.

11. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    I was never able to beat the final boss on Beyond Good And Evil. Eventually gave up on it.

Also so far I've given up on Doom (the newest one) for Switch. Just wasn't feeling it. Maybe I'll go back and try again sometime.

What? Why? Link's Awakening is adorable. And its not a very long game, especially by current standards.

12. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Dragon Warrior-I went into it with an open mind and a reminder that it was the first, or one of the first rpgs ever. I played it for 2 weeks before I finally had enough. Never have I seen such unbalanced and atrocious leveling and money grinding. Not even Pokemon G/S/C is this bad.

Idc if its the first. There are plenty of firsts in vg series that still hold up quite well.

13. UndertakerPrime

UndertakerPrime Unlikeable dry-skinned biped

Can't say I blame you. DW is very grindy.
    Funny thing is, I was actually able to push myself to beat it back in the day. Not really sure how I had the patience for it, though I definitely could not have done it without my Nintendo Power guide. Even stranger that I beat DW yet struggled so much with Final Fantasy 1.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Final boss on BG&E is a pattern boss. Just keep fighting it until you memorize the sequence.

15. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Zelda Wind Waker - My first and for the most part only Zelda game. Way to difficult as a kid, couldn’t get off the island at the start of the game. Its why I never got into Zelda. Might as well include the OG, played it on the Switch but I don’t know what I’m suppose to do after I get the first piece of the tri-force.

Mario Bros - Only played the first, the third, & world. Honestly could never beat a single game. Can only ever get to the 2nd world. But I do like World.

Castlevania - Got the Collection for the Switch. Waste of money, way to difficult, couldn’t get past the first level on any of the games included.

Assassins Creed - Any of them, just got way to difficult and impossible to enjoy. Not my type of game.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse - Way to difficult, I like the concept of creating your own character but hate that it dictates your game difficulty. Really as much as I love Dragon Ball Z, all the games I’ve played for the Xbox are terrible.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - F**k this game and f**k Dormammu. Tried defeating him ten times and never could beat him. Quit playing it all together.

The Spirit Board has almost made me rage quit Smash Bros Ultimate for good then the DLC comes out and I torture myself by playing it again. At least Classic mode is decent but playing single player smash is boring.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Hyperdimension Neptunia. Goodness that game gets boring fairly quickly.

17. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Back in the day, I couldn't beat Dragon Warrior VII. I couldn't get past Dharma Temple. I didn't get very far in III either. Luckily, I beat Dragon Quest VIII.

18. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    Thanks. Got rid of the game a long time ago. I doubt I'll ever go back and try again.

19. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    final fantasy xv.

I honestly just wanted it to be over and I couldnt even do that because of crash bugs in the final area.

20. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

Been thinking for the last 3 days that I will give BotW another shot. My save file goes back to August 10, 2018. I'm at the elephant looking robot temple thingy.