Games you gave up on.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by TheWarPathGuy, Nov 10, 2019.

1. NSJ23

NSJ23 on TFW2005 for everything but TF's....

I almost gave up there, that was a pain...

2. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

Any Assassin's Creed game. I've constantly tried to give these games a chance, even the good ones like II or Black Flag, but I can't go passed first couple of hours

• Like Like x 1
  3. NSJ23

NSJ23 on TFW2005 for everything but TF's....

i felt that way until odyssey but i've put over 200 hours in now, and may go back and play origins.

4. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    What keeps stopping you? Those games aren’t particularly hard.

5. Whomps

Whomps Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with difficulty, I just don't enjoy them much

• Like Like x 1
  6. FiVE1ZERO

FiVE1ZERO **WHiNiNG.FOOLS.BE.GONE.!.!!!**

I can honestly relate with you as some games are highly praised and are great,but it's just hard to get in to some of them. I had RDR2 and it's a fantastic game no doubt but I just couldn't get into the storyline and all the side missions etc. To me it was just overwhelming lol.

7. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Megaman X3
    I've played X1, 2, and 5 multiple times and enjoy them a lot. X3 on the other hand, I found to be very difficult. I've played the game 4 times, but only beat it once.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Trent

Trent Froody TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Assassins Creed 3. Connor is the least likeable protagonist I’ve ever had the displeasure of playing. I mean, I know it was going to be hard for Ubisoft to create a better character than Ezio but it’s like they didn’t even try. I couldn’t get through it on PS3 and this year bought it again for Switch and gave up on that too. Soooooo boring.

9. FiVE1ZERO

@The Bucket Kitten (I'm so ashamed I never really got into the MegaMan series when I was a lil kid lol)

• Like Like x 1
  10. gil

gil Godmaster

NBA 2K19. I bought it during the NBA finals when it was $3. I played an all star team and challenged a scrub team and got utterly annihilated. So my record was 0-1 and I gave up.

11. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I put in about 13 hrs before to decided I had enough of this crap.

12. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Still The Best At What He Does

The NBA 2K games are bullshit. My brother spent 50 dollars on his created character, only for him to be harshly nerfed when the game came out with new patches. He and his friends skipped out on 2K20, due to the last game not being all that great and scummy business practices.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MGS2 due to lack of inverted controls.

MGS3: terrible camera and tedious camouflage management.

NMS: repetitiveness. A board universe with shallow mechanics.

Destiny 2: terrible campaign (very disappointing effort from bungie). Clunky gear progression that was tied to weekly milestones.

Diablo 3: RNG. Spent more than a hundred hours grinding for a specific bracer for my witch doctor's zombie bear build, only to be let down, again and again and again.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  14. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

SonicMania. It was a nice nostalgic trip, for a while. But the core gameplay hasn't aged that well imo. I loved how the game seems like a huge labor of love for the franchise.

Nioh. Dying over and over again in Dark Souls type games is not fun for me. I probably just suck too much. I mean, I enjoy a good challenge. Guess I didn't feel this game was worth sticking with.

15. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

Final fantasy 13-2

16. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

I've tried to play Dead Space twice. Both times I got so bored with the combat. It felt incredibly repetitive

• Like Like x 1
  17. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    The World is Not Enough for the N64. EVERY.DARN.TIME. I try and try to do that last sub mission and every time it's always drowning about a 3rd of the way in. No matter what I do I always end up getting caught on this doorframe or that. I've watched walkthroughs of people doing the level with ease and everytime I just scratch my head.

Star Wars Bounty Hunter was the first ever game I ever felt compelled to use cheats just to get through. The game is a basic shoot em up but the bloody controls on the gamecube. It literally penalizes you for hitting the same bumper twice and everytime it happens I always scream THAT'S NOT HOW BLASTERS WORK!!

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess. Okay this one I absolutely love to death until you get to that damned stamina trial they liked to stick in these games. Having done Windwaker's without much trouble I figured how hard could it be. Took my time, prepped, and ran at it. Got to the part where you fight the Darknuts(yeah I'd like to kick whoever designed these guys right in the nuts), instantly screw myself over by shedding all 3 of there armor. Tried several times to do it and every run since the first has gotten progressively worse. Nope just noooope.

Final Fantasy 13. Okay I actually did finish the main campaign for the game and enjoyed it being my first FF and all. It's those darn extra mission things and getting the 5th slot or whatever ultimate weapon thingys that I'm just like NOPE I'm done. The main reason I never play these games because it's so tedious to do all that grinding. It's soooooooooooo boring I just stopped and never looked back.

Oh and as a kid for the longest time I gave up on Majora's Mask because me am big heapin chickin and after seeing my sister beat the game and seeing what one dungeon entailed I said nope SEE YA! I did end up finishing it later on in college though.

18. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Arkham Origins, PS3. I'm one of those that got hit with that glitch that was floating around at the time that erased all my save data one morning. Not only was that enough to sour me on replaying that game, that angered me enough to pretty much lay off console gaming in general and skip the entire PS4/X-Box One generation.

...yes, with my temper, I can be a very "throw the baby out with the bath-water" type of guy. It's not something I'm proud of, but it is a part of me.

19. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

Was it the great bay temple with the fish boss?

20. FiVE1ZERO

Lol I guess put Mortal Kombat 2 on my list now. Yesterday my friend got that 1up home arcade and we grinded it out to reach to Kintaro and that MUTAF@#KER is cheap ass hell lol. By around 230am we called it quits LMAO:D 

EDiT: And Yes we knew about the Kitana trick with her fan but we agreed to try and beat it with anyone else besides her or Shang Tsung;)