Gamecube Memory Card 1019 Corrupted?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by MasterOfPuppets, Feb 4, 2008.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Every single time I try to copy data from another memory card to this one, the data is corrupted. This is mainly for Super Smash Bros Melee. I've tried formatting it before but it continues to happen. I've been using a third party memory card since I've had my Gamecube in early 2002. I felt it was time for an upgrade due to small size and the fact that apparently third party memory cards corrupt over time. Yet it's my OFFICIAL NINTENDO memory card that isn't reliable at all. Anyone know the deal is?

2. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i've heard the 1019 having issues transfering data from 3rd party mem cards but no issues with 1st party cards.

have you tried loading the game with the 3rd party card, and saving it with the 1019 card?

3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

I've done some tests with this memory card using copied data from my Hip Gear memory card. Metroid Prime 2, Starfox Adventures, Zelda Wind Waker and Mario Kart worked. Metroid Prime and Super Smash Bros prompted me with the corrupted data messages. Super Smash Bros is the most messed up of all of them. Even if I delete and create a new game data it will continue to prompt me with the corrupt data message continually. Exit a match? CORRUPT DATA. New challenger? CORRUPT DATA. Does anyone at all know the problem?

EDIT: How would I go about loading from my 3rd party card but saving to my 1019? Wouldn't I have to switch slots?

4. OmegaScourge

just try the load....play a bit if you want, swap out the mem card....save

5. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Didn't realize you could do that. I figured yanking the memory card risks corrupting it. I tried it with Wind Waker and Smash Bros. Wind Waker says that I couldn't save since it wasn't the load data. Smash Bros didn't work. After trying that I rebooted Smash Bros and corrupt data message again. It just does not want to work with that game. Anytime that game needs to save data the corrupt data screen pops up even after making a new game save from scratch.

6. OmegaScourge

might want to get the console or the cards checked...

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Can't be the console, it's fucked on both the Gamecube and Wii. Guess I just got a lemon. *sigh*