Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire for TV!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by adamthered, Mar 3, 2010.

1. harveydent

harveydent Unknown Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Now I'm tempted to yell "Hodor!" every time I need someone to hold a door open when rushing into or out of a shop.

Apparently, this may also be a book spoiler since it was GRRM who told the showrunners the origin of Hodor's name.

2. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    This season just keeps breaking my heart.

3. Raiju

Raiju Go For Broke Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    In this episode we finally learned what Willys was talkin' 'bout.

And I just made myself sad.

4. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Summer :( 

5. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    :cry  Though Summer wasn't no punk in the end.

6. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Yes, well, book readers should know by now that the show is gone beyond the books, and if they want to avoid spoilers, they avoid the show.

See, now all I can think about is the paradox that is in the creation of "Hodor". Hodor wouldn't be saying Hodor if Bran didn't go back and warg into him while he was warging into the past, to which wouldn't have happened unless he Bran got to the three eyed raven to be able to warg into the past with the help of Hodor who is saying Hodor, and oh no I've gone crosseyed...

7. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    Jesus.......crushed here after that.

8. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    So I'm a little confused about a few things regarding Sansa.

Is she
    pregnant with Ramsey's child?

Why did she
    lie to Jon about how she got the information about the Tullys and River Run?

So what's the plan for taking Winterfell exactly? Are they gonna try to rally all the little clans/families of the North in hopes to assemble an army to close to the size of Ramsey's?

That sucked about Hodor. It was on the same level as what happened to Shireen (at least for me).

When is Ayra going to kick the waif's ass? I keep waiting for it to happen.

I'm kind sad that we are down to just two wolf pups left (Ghost & Nymeria).

9. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closeted otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think Sansa meant that she was pregnant, but yeah, I think she is.

10. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    So it seems Bran hasn't really learnt anything game changing from his journey to the three eyed raven - makes me wonder why all the build up?

Also I'm usually sadder by
    direwolves dieing than humans but 'hold the door' Dammit!

11. Raiju

Raiju Go For Broke Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just assumed that the old lady (a former Stark servant) at Winterfell (before Ramsay discovered her treason and flayed her, I believe) gave Sansa some moon tea to prevent any pregnancy (though off-screen). I don't think the show ever brings it up (maybe it was once in the distant past) but in the books, moon tea is a big deal in that it's one of the few contraceptives available to women in GoT (Asha/Yara makes use of it a lot, for example, due to her dalliances). But then, the show could just as easily go, "Yup, Sansa is carrying Ramsay's child," later on.

Also, I'm wondering who the Night King used to be when he was human. Perhaps a distant ancestor of the Stark clan?

12. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:

Nope......went out like a champ. They wouldn't have got away only for the combined efforts of Summer and Hodor.

13. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm beginning to wonder what the point of the direwolves in the story even is, other than to make people sad. They were introduced, and have slowly all just been killed off, mostly without even being able to fight back.

14. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    yeah the Direwolves story just hasn't happened on the show at all. But at least Summer went out with a bang. Unlike Lady, Shaggydog & Greywind.

I cant really remember but didn't Greywind go out with more a fight in the book version of the Red Wedding?

15. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    I'm holding out hope that the Umbers are faking out Ramsey and Shaggydog still lives, the skull shown seemed to be a bit small for a grown direwolf... It may be part of a shaggy dog story.

16. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

It came to when I woke up this morning that what happens to the direwolves is symbolic of childhoods end. A literal, kill the boy so that the man can be born. Lady's death as a pup on the road to kings landing foreshadowing what happens to Sansa for 3 seasons. Nymeria being chased from familiar safe surrounding to survive on her wits on her own is also what happens to Arya. Grey wind is bit harder to nail down but he's considered such a threat that they kill him first. Shaggy-dog gets killed when Rickon gets captured, much like Sansa and Lady. Summer goes out like a boss so that Bran can get away with his knowledge and training.

I think Ghost has only avoided it so far because it happened directly to Jon when he was killed.

17. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:

I actually thought that the head was very small too........but what advantage would that be to the Umbers?

18. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In the books there's a whole lot more going on with them. There's a whole subplot with Nymaria and Arya warging into her, and
    foreshadowing Arya's death, but second life in the wolf.
    Grey Wind takes out several Freys before going down. He also is in the battle of the Whispering Woods.
    Summer is becoming more human like Bran the more time they spend together, while Rickon is becoming more wolf-like like Shaggy Dog the more time they spend together. To the point of biting people. Bran is rising above his humanity, while Rickon is losing it entirely.
    And Sansa has been lost since Lady was killed.

19. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

True but I didn't get the foreshadowing Arya's death part. I thought she might use Nymaria to do her dirty work in Westeros without having to be there, and perhaps without technically breaking her faceless man vows/promises/whatever.

20. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ned tells Arya "When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives." Arya is alone, separated from her wolf, separated from her pack, separated from her family, her Old Gods and who she is. She is truly alone. Nymaria has a pack, thousands of little cousins. It's symbolic, and also foreshadowing. Arya could die but live a second life inside Nymaria. Much like Bran in the trees, or Jon in Ghost. The little girl who had the entire world against her might finally be happy, even if it means dying.

That's just a possibility, but that's the way I took it.