Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire for TV!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by adamthered, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thx! I recently read about Jerome Flynn and Lena Headey romance that ended badly and that they dont' talk on set. :D 

2. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I totally think he does have limits. And the burning of Shireen is probably way past it. So when it comes out Mel living will depend on whether she has further use to whatever cause Davos and her are serving at the time.

I think that until Sansa showed up he was in survival mode. Anything else is tabled until they can catch their breath.

If Cersei is heading off a cliff then, Ramsey is charging headlong on a race horse off it. He's totally fucked quick like.

3. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I actually hope that Brienne is the one that ends up killing Melisandre to avenge Renly. Stannis apparently confessed to using blood magic to kill him, but maybe he didn't tell her about Melisandre's involvement. Once Brienne puts those pieces together she's going to be out for blood.

Also, I loved how Tormund seems to be in love with her.

4. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closeted otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's my reasoning for Ramsey, and why he's better than all the Starks combined:

He keeps his eyes open. He is warry of people betraying him, and thinks about the long game. Instead of heading off to King's Landing where he wasn't wanted for honor's sake, or killing your 4th in command, most ardent supporter and leader of a sizeable chunk of your army, for honor's sake, or marrying for honor's sake, Ramsey takes care of himself.
    He eliminates all in the way of him seizing power. He commands loyalty out of fear, and if he can not have that, he will break you.

Ramsey is now the single most powerful man in Westros. He has the largest standing army, thousands of Northmen are loyal to him, and those that aren't are loyal to Rickon. He can now play his cards right and be the Warden of the North, "Protecting" Rickon and ruling through loyalty and fear. And absolutely no one can stop him.
    The Lannisters and Freys both have lost most of their armies. The Tyrels have a larger host, but they are tied up in politics, and the Knights of the Vale wouldn't get off their ass if they sat on a bee.

No, Ramsey knows what he's doing. He's a psycopathic SOB, but he learned from the best. Roose taught him well. All the cards are turning up Ramsey. And no undead bastard and false witch are going to stop him.

You want to talk about threats that could destroy the country? Melisandre. That woman needs to die forthwith.

5. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    So, how long will
    the Khalisar keep following Daenerys once she starts up with her 'no more slaves' policy?

6. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    So you don't think Littlefinger is competent?

Ramsey is just a little shit and nothing more. Ruling through fear isn't going to win long term.

7. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

They haven't said how large an army the Vale can muster, but I would imagine that it must be close to 3000, combine that with the 2000 Wildlings that are with Jon Snow and Tormund and you have an even match with the 5000 that Ramsay controls. Add the fact that most Northmen outside of the Karstarks would prefer to see a Stark be Warden of the North and you have yourself a recipe for Ramsay's demise.

8. lars573

And what a comedy of errors, both logical and factual, it is.

Ramsey rules through terror. He only has a stick for you, no carrots. Roose tried to teach him that, it never took. People who rules through fear like that are quite easily toppled.

First of no way is he the most powerful. He's jumped little shit of a nobody, barely, in charge of a windy shit hole. The north is the poorest, in any way you can think of (population, resources, trade) in the seven kingdoms. Save one, land area. Ramsey himself has 5000 men at his command, which is the levy from his demesne. The two largest economies in the seven kingdoms are the Reach and the Westerlands. The Reach also has the largest population. So the Tyrell and Lannister amies are each 50,000-60,000 strong in total. And I'm low balling the Tyrell's. As their army combined with the Stormlands army was over 100,000. The entire military force the North can muster is at most a little less than 30,000. When Robb marched south he didn't take any forces from the neck, he left them to do what they did best keep anyone Robb didn't want in the North out, and he had 20,000-25,000 men. When the Kartsark's left they took over a third of that army with them. Meaning the Karstark's have more men that the Bolton's. Now we know that House Karstark and House Umber are with Ramsey. But House Mormont isn't and House Reed for sure isn't. And if House Cerwyn is given half a chance they'll side with the Stark's after what Ramsey did to them. But here's the thing, the Vales force are mustering to march in support of the Stark's. And House Reed will for sure let them. Meaning Ramsey's fucked unless Sansa turns Baelish against the her some how, or he's not working some other kind of long con. So let's assume that the Vale can muster ~30,000 men too. Plus their knights are purported to be among the best in Westeros. So the Vales forces, House Reed, House Cerwyn (maybe), Jon's 2000 Free folk vs House Bolton (5000), Umber, and Karstark (7000 or 8000). Not looking good for the Boltons. Barring any sort of twist of course.

If anyone is the most powerful person in Westeros it's either Ser Kevan Lannister or the Queen of thorns.

No he really doesn't know what the fuck he's doing. The only lesson's he took from his father were about brutality. The only Northern houses on his side are the ones who's current leaders have personal emnity with the Stark's. And he didn't exactly win himself any friends by flaying the leaders of House Cerwyn.

Only if she has soneone who buys her shit wholesale. That was Mannis alone. Jon-boy is too smart for that.

9. Raiju

Raiju Go For Broke Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed there. I'm just surprised Littlefinger managed to get the Vale moving at last. I foresee the Bolton army getting hammered between the wildings to the North and the Vale army from the south. Ramsay's pretty much walking into a pincer trap without even realizing it. Also agreed that while Ramsay has commanded a lot of power through fear, it won't last nearly as long as power commanded through respect. The North remembers, as they say.

As far as Dany goes, she's won herself innumerable khalasars but she'll have trouble keeping them all in line, I think. They're a horde, not a professional army. That and loading them and their horses up on ships will probably be a very hard sell, but we'll see
    what the Ironborn have in store on that front as the show appears to be setting up Yara Greyjoy against her uncle Euron (not sure if they'll bother with Victarion though as in the books) for the Kingsmoot; wonder if they'll bring out the Dragonhorn to clinch Dany's ace-in-the-hole.

10. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I would be a bigger fan if Sansa did

11. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have a clue what good it will do Littlefinger. How does he expect to get an army to the North? Moat Calin is impregnable from the south. Ramsey can send literally 5 guys and hold it for months. In the hard Northern winter. There is no food, no shelter. Anyone marching against Ramsey is going to die.

And I would give much and more to know where this trap is coming from. He has the Boltons, the Umbers, the Glovers the Karstarks, the Cerwyns, the Hornwoods, the Dustins. He's got Rickon. He's got the North by the balls.

Who does Jon Bastard have? Wildlings. The sworn enemy of the North for as long as anyone remembers. And as everyone is so fond of pointing out, the North is very good at remembering. There's a Stark in Winterfell. What do they need this bastard-led wildling army for?

Does anyone truly think this is going to go poorly for Ramsey? This is Game of freaking Thrones. The. Villains. Always. WIN.

12. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

13. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    :lol 

14. Raiju

Raiju Go For Broke Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Do they? (Joffrey, Tywin, and Roose surely came out on top.) I guess we'll have to see when the battle between Jon and Ramsay's forces takes place for the season finale. The show is deviating quite a bit from the books. Anything can happen at this point.

:lol 

15. lars573

Moat Calin isn't permanently manned, and as far as Ramsey knows Littlefinger is his ally. Remember what happened last time the Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North though Littlefinger was his ally? And with only 5 guys the Vales forces could totally storm the place. You'd need at least 20 guys to even think about defending a place like Moat Calin. Which also assumes that House Reed will stay on the side lines. Moat Calin is in the Crannogmen's lands after all.

Does he? Only two of those Houses have openly declared for him. The Cerwyns are probably looking for an excuse to turn on the Ramsey. The other Houses, who knows. But there's the Northern hill tribes that were personally loyal to Ned Stark. And who would probably be willing to fight for his children and avenge his family. Provided Jon could talk his way around him leading a pack of free folk warbands. If he can't then they might be convinced to follow Sansa. Or maybe they don't have to fight with Jon/Sansa at all but go raid the Umber lands. And force the Umbers to march home.

Who's non combatants are sitting south of the wall in the open. And could easily be offered up as hostages for their fighting persons good behaviour.

Do they? Ramsey's on the Max Power that Tywin, Robb, Joffrey, and Jon were on.

16. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

There are less than 20 episodes left altogether, the villains are bound to start losing at some point; especially when the White Walkers come, and they become the focal point.

17. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I wish we could hurry up and get to the point where the White Walkers were the focal point as the villains.

18. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

I'm not convinced we will ever get there. GRRM has said that he doesn't want to write the standard fantasy book where everyone comes together to fight the scary outsiders.

19. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He won't. But the books are the books and the show is the show. I'm half convinced we're going to see a Battle for the Dawn on the show, and Jon and Danny will sit the Iron Throne and everyone lives Happily Ever After.

Just like GRRM absolutely never intended.

What makes you think the White Walkers are the bad guys?

20. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran