Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire for TV!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by adamthered, Mar 3, 2010.

1. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Damn, that thing went up like a tinderbox.

2. Powerglide1991

Powerglide1991 Autobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can we please see

The entire Khalissar lead by Jorah and Darrio, with Danny riding Drogon over head, Charging back to slavers bay and see them ultimately decimate the Masters please?

3. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closeted otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why? There will be nothing left. Tyrion has handed Mereen to the Masters on a platter. Danny will leave Slaver's Bay in disgrace. There is no winning solution. The entire Mereen plot is an allegory for Vietnam, or in more recent times, Iraq. There's no exit strategy, there's no honorable peace, there's no reason to stay. And as soon as she leaves, the entire thing will go right back to the way it was.

4. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Badass episode.
    Love that they brought Jon and Sansa together right away. Sorry to see Osha go, but I figured it was coming and at least she wasn't flayed. As far as Dany - I have been trying to avoid spoilers but I did see something about her emerging naked (thanks for that :)  ) from a burning temple. I assumed it was Drogons work, but this is way better. They can't always have the dragons save her bacon.

5. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Wonder if those were daenerarys breasts....

6. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Emilia Clark? Yeah, she said she doesn't use a body double.

7. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Btw they're real... and spectacular :) 

No!! They killed
    Osha
    , but at least went out fighting and also loved the reunion in the begining and the conflagration at the end.

8. xMostWanted559x

I thought she said no more nudes or sex scenes anymore

9. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  10. Raiju

Raiju Go For Broke Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tormund Giantsbane: "I like big women and I cannot lie!" :D 

11. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    soo.... any reason not to have the red lady to use smoke demon to kill Ramsay?

12. JokerFC

JokerFC Gaelic Hardcase

Ebay:
    Great episode......I like how things are shaping up.....but Christ the good guys need a win this season!!!

13. Raiju

News Credits:
    Need the seed of a (supposed) king, for starters (ie. Jon needs to willingly do the nasty dance with Melisandre; he rebuffed her advances, as I recall). The other thing is proximity, I believe. Davos has to row Mel by boat to get somewhat close to Renly's camp the first time she used the shadow baby assassin.

14. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Also, Jon isn't a king.

Davos is completely out of character. He hates Mel, he hates blood magic. He would never ask her to bring Jon back, a race in which he had no horse to begin with. I'm really hoping that he kills Mel after what happened to SHireen. I am so sick of her. I hate her and her false prophecies almost as much as I hate the Starks.

Ramsey is the last competent person in Weteros. He and Cersie are the only two holding that plot together right now.

15. xMostWanted559x

16. Raiju

News Credits:
    Jon could be king (King Beyond The Wall or King of the North now that both Mance Rayder and Robb Stark are dead) if he wanted, and if he called his father's banners to him, as Sansa suggested. But moreover, Melisandre considers him the true Prince That Was Promised, Azor Ahai (Stannis was the pretender in more ways than one, and he still succeeded in making a shadow baby demon assassin with Mel).

Agreed about Davos though, despite me liking Ian Cunningham a lot.

I think the Ramsay/Sansa wedding night consummation scene was enough drama as it is.

17. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maisey Williams and Sophie Turner are the only two (at least major) actresses on the show under a 'no nudity' contract. Mostly dueing to the fact they were both minors when they signed up. Sophie has been explicitly outspoken against the nudity on the show. If she was going to capitulate, it would have been during that Ramsey wedding.

So I'd toss that hope right out the window. Especially now since she's an actress in her own right outside of GoT

18. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. Loved when they go back together.

I normally hate Daenerys' acting, but this was fantastic.

I have two stupid n00bie questions (I only casually watch the show and not read the books):

1. Where's Bron?
    2. Does Jon Snow owe the read witch anything for bringing him back? I can't imagine she'd do something like that for free.

Thx

19. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

No Davos is a pragmatist. Mannis be dead, so go to the next best guy to deal with shit at the wall. Jon snow, wait he just got Caesar'd up good. Well the red priests are known to raise the dead upon occasion. That's called pragmatism. I also doubt he's going to let the Shireen thing slide and he'll get it from her eventually that they sacrificed her. Then he might consider killing Mels. Probs pull a knife on her. But she'll make a point that her magiks may be spotty at best but they can be useful.

:crazy:  Only in Bizzarro world. Ramsey is the least competent person for his position out there. The guy is a psychopath. And both of those characters are barreling head long over a cliff. Ramsey sooner rather than later.

20. Raiju

News Credits:
    Agreed. I loved Dany's triumphant smile when she was addressing those doomed khals (like a cat toying with her mice prey). Was still a huge gamble since the temple could've easily collapsed on her and killed them all too, but the Rule of Cool prevailed in that scene.

To answer your questions:

1) According to the Googles:

"After being released, Bronn is at the docks with Jaime, Myrcella, and Trystane ready to board a ship back to King's Landing. As Doran sees the group off wishing them a safe journey home, Tyene flirts with Bronn, telling him she might come visit him, to which Bronn sarcastically replies not to wait too long as he's got a noblewoman to marry back home. Tyene cheekily tells him he wants a good girl but needs a bad pussy, and playfully bites his ear. Upon being called by Jaime, Bronn boards the boat that is to take them to their ship and leaves Dorne. However, after the ship has set sail, Myrcella succumbs to poison that was stealthily given to her by Ellaria Sand before their departure."

I assumed he returned with Jaime to King's Landing and merely separated from him once at port, to return to his betrothed/wife Lollys. (Jerome Flynn and Lena Headey reportedly dated in the past [this was pre-Pedro Pascal/Oberyn; rumor has it is that Pascal is the father of Headey's child] and had a bad falling out, so the two absolutely refuse to act in the same scene together.)

2) Melisandre considers Jon Snow (and no longer the pretender Stannis Baratheon) the true Prince That Was Promised (Azor Ahai), and will faithfully follow and serve him as she did Stannis, I believe. I don't think she feels Jon owes her anything; if anything, her renewed faith in R'hllor demands the opposite, with her serving him as his adviser.

A pragmatist, sure, but I think even Davos should have his limits. He lost his son(s) during the Battle of the Blackwater, lost his king, and seemingly lost all purpose now (he's taking all these losses remarkably well on the show; too well, I feel). Jon's resurrection gives him renewed purpose (a new hero to pledge his fealty to, I think) but at the same time I don't think he trusts Mel as far as he can throw her. Even Mel was starting to have doubts about her abilities.

At the moment, I think both characters are using each other up until such a point where their agendas collide and the other proves too much an inconvenience. The truth surrounding Shireen's death will certainly come into play later and provide that collision, I'm sure.

As for Ramsay, yeah, dude is unhinged. He basically threw away House Bolton's alliance with the Freys (by killing Walda and her child) and will go it alone (well, outside of aligning himself with the Karstarks and Umbers anyway) fighting for the North. Not sure that was so wise from a strategic sense, but then he doesn't believe nor give a shit about the White Walkers and the impending Long Night.