Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire for TV!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by adamthered, Mar 3, 2010.

1. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Or a spin-off, Or se-prequel.

2. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The headline has all you really need to know.

5. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

6. AutobotSeeker81

AutobotSeeker81 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rodimus Prime

BTW, Grey Worm's actor confirmed that the Unsullied all died in going to the Island of Butterflies.

8. GuardianAngel87

GuardianAngel87 Well-Known Member

9. jackisking

jackisking Yeah, the MP line is soooo dead

News Credits:
    On that note AOT>GOT.

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Hahahaha yisssssssss

People used to shit on all the dumb concepts and filler material in the star wars EU but this GOT stuff is just as bad.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Rodimus Prime

I think that it is just as bad, but got a harsher backlash because it fell apart much faster than SW.

12. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Don't worry, the show runners are on their way to Disney to rectify that situation for Star Wars.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection
    December 3, 2019

If you’re a die-hard Game of Thrones fan, you’ve just got your premium item for this Christmas. HBO has announced that Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection will be made available as a limited-edition, “ultra-premium” Blu-ray. All eight seasons will come in a “visually stunning wooden shadow box case, featuring beautiful, multi-layered panel designs by Robert Ball (the artist behind the “Beautiful Death” series) that summarize the Game of Thrones story. Each season is represented by a different layer, showcasing iconic characters and memorable moments from the show, all clambering toward the Iron Throne. The set also contains a “Hand of the King” pin clasp, which holds all nine custom plated disc sleeves.”

But once you get past the stunning packaging, what do you get? Quite a bit! Per the press release:

Game of Thrones®: The Complete Collection and Game of Thrones: The Complete Series on Blu-rayTM Bonus Features Include:

• Game of Thrones: Reunion Special: A reunion show shot live in Belfast with the cast, both past and present, hosted by Conan O’Brien and available exclusively on these complete series collections. The reunion special is assembled in segments focused on Houses Lannister, Stark, & Targaryen and concludes with the key players all onstage for their final reflections on the years they shared in Westeros and Essos.
    • Bonus content and retail exclusive videos from previously released individual season box sets, totaling more than 15 hours of extra materials for fans to explore when they’ve finished watching the series.
    Complete Series and Season 8 formats also exclusively feature:

• Game of Thrones: The Last Watch: A documentary featured on DVD in two parts by filmmaker Jeanie Finlay chronicling the making of the final season.
    • When Winter Falls: Exclusive 30-minute featurette with showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, along with major stars and behind-the-scenes players, breaking down all that went into the colossal filming of the “Battle of Winterfell” in Season 8, Episode 3.
    • Duty is the Death of Love: A compelling look at how the team behind Game of Thrones and its major stars, including Kit Harington, Peter Dinklage and Emilia Clarke, brought the show to its conclusion in the series finale, “The Iron Throne.”
    • Audio Commentaries: 10 Audio Commentaries with cast and crew, including the show’s creators, Benioff and Weiss, on the final season.
    • Deleted and Extended Scenes: 5 never-before-seen deleted or extended scenes from season 8.
    • Histories and Lore: New animated pieces giving the history and background of notable season 8 locations and storylines.
    The reunion special with O’Brien in particularly tempting as you’ll get input from folks like Sean Bean and Jason Momoa who didn’t make it to the end of the series.

Game of Thrones: The Complete Series will be available on December 3rd along with Game of Thrones: Season 8 in a stunning 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray™ Steelbook, and the single season DVD/Blu-ray. You can also get The Complete Series without the fancy packaging on December 3rd. No word yet on how much the ultra-premium set will cost, but expect it to set you back a bit. Check out an unboxing of The Complete Series below along with some packaging shots.

[​IMG]

Clip from the Reunion Special with Conan O'Brien...

14. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

'Game of Thrones' Emmy nominations break records for final season

If you want further proof that quality matters less to Hollywood awards shows than studios marketing their products towards voters, here it is. I can’t dispute the technical awards, and it absolutely deserves to sweep all of those. I’m thinking a lot of the acting nominations are more for the show’s legacy than this season in particular, and I think most are justified (but come on, was Sophie Turner really good enough for that nomination?). The fact that it’s actually up for Outstanding Drama Series and for writing (particularly for the maddening finale) is a joke. I still love the previous seasons, but they’ve already won awards for those seasons. There’s no good that come from rewarding bad writing just because of what they did in the past. The awards aren’t for an entire series’ run, they’re for the most recent eligible season.

15. Rodimus Prime

AoT = Attack on Titan?

If so...

f58908fbc9096bb4bb995de242433bf5.gif

16. jackisking

News Credits:
    Damn Skippy
    whatever GOT started out as it sure didn't finish on.Honestly I think it got to big for the producers or Martin. Its like that band you like and then they blow up and everything is just different. As far as subversion of expectations or taking everything you know and turning it on its had AOT did/will do a better job than what GOT ended did.

17. Mark

Mark Just here for the toys

Ebay:
    Flickr:
    When it comes to awards there's a long tradition of giving the final installment of a movie series or TV show more credit than it deserves. Look at the LOTR trilogy. Return of the King cleaned house, but FOTR was a far better movie.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rodimus Prime

...I take it you are only watching the anime? Because AoT gets SO much worse after the basement reveal, and it completely shifts genres and basically craps the bed, plot-wise. Good new for you, though, as the team behind the anime announced that they're not doing any more AoT, since the manga took a nose dive in quality and bled readers after the point that they're at.

19. jackisking

News Credits:
    I don't know, I think they were coming back to do the final season. They've done a goodjob of decluttering the manga, so I would hope they would finish, Honestly I can't wait to see it animated. Then again I'm one if those people who prefer for the protagonist to carry weight for his actions justified or not. One of the biggest problems I had with GOT. Morally gray does not equal sociopath.